PDA

View Full Version : Extra Hex and Witch ACFs

ATHATH
2017-05-28, 10:32 PM
If I've swapped out my first level Hex (but not my other Hexes) for something else with a Witch archetype, can I still take the Extra Hex (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/extra-hex/) feat as my first-level feat?

Ninjaxenomorph
2017-05-28, 10:54 PM
No. But note, sometimes an archetype requires you take certain hexes at certain levels; this DOES let you pick up Extra Hex.

Waker
2017-05-29, 12:37 AM
I would argue that you couldn't. Extra Hex requires you to have the Hex class feature, but if an ACF replaces that you can't meet the requirements until you get your first Hex.

Kurald Galain
2017-05-29, 11:54 AM
Extra Hex requires you to have the Hex class feature, but if an ACF replaces that you can't meet the requirements until you get your first Hex.

That is correct.

Florian
2017-05-29, 12:01 PM
If I've swapped out my first level Hex (but not my other Hexes) for something else with a Witch archetype, can I still take the Extra Hex (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/extra-hex/) feat as my first-level feat?

Generally speaking, you can only take an "Extra" feat if you actually do possess the class feature, as thatīs the prerequisite. It doesnīt matter if thatīs a Hex, Rage Power, Magus Arcana or something else, you need to have it to be able to take the feat.

Psyren
2017-05-29, 01:27 PM
While the above responses are correct, some archetypes only delay a class feature rather than replacing it entirely. For example, the Gravewalker Witch still gets the Hex class feature; they merely have to wait until 2nd level for it. Thus, Gravewalkers can take Extra Hex at 3rd level or later just fine. I think the OP was asking about an archetype that replaces just the 1st-level instance of Hex, rather than one that doesn't get Hex at all.

EDIT: there is another wrinkle to this puzzle as well, namely retraining. You can, after you get the Hex class feature, retrain earlier level feat choices into Extra Hex.