PDA

View Full Version : Ride of the Rat Bastard 2.0: Planetfall

Blackhawk748
2017-05-29, 01:08 AM
The roar of the dropship fades away as it settles into its hangar berth in the city of Kesa on Kamose 5. The ride was smooth, so smooth you're surprised you are in an active warzone. Especially a warzone apparently teeming with Orks, if the briefing was to be believed. You unlatch yourself from the seats and the Kubwa seem restless to get out.

You can see the hangar proper from out the ramp and its filled with guardsmen of various descriptions. You can see what looks like a CO surrounded by Administratum Adepts standing by the entrance to the hangar. You also see a fair amount of Fusiliers hanging about inside the hangar, and from what you've heard there is no love lost between them and your Regiment.

Its character intro time!

Genocidecles
2017-05-29, 07:28 PM
Sgt Moore unbuckles himself and stands to stretch his cramped back briefly before turning to the other members of his regiment.
"Alright boys listen up! Ride's over so lets get to work! Find yer squadmates and go help unload the kubwa, the other Sergeants and me gotta meet with the CO quick so sont do anythin stupid while we're gone!" Looking around he sees that he has their attention and nods once at his fellow officers before stepping down the ramp and approaching the CO and his scribes before snapping a salute.
"Sergent Nathan Moore of the 68th Bustalian Jinetes reporting for duty sir. Where do ya need us?"

janusmaxwell
2017-05-30, 02:07 PM
Alexsander ignores the usual side-eye's from the squad, from the red robes and metallic throat denoting a attache from the Mechanicus, and shoulders his rucksack as he waits to for his orders, and pointedly looks around for other Enginseers.

NeoPhoenix0
2017-05-30, 02:22 PM
Shandra immediately gets to work, making sure everything is set up in case of a medical emergency, or whatever dumb thing might happen if someone picks a fight with the fusiliers. She also makes sure Ceile is set before returning to her station.

Blackhawk748
2017-05-30, 04:46 PM
The man Moore approaches is a giant of a man, and his dark skin makes him stand out even more than his height. At the Sargent's salute, he turns and salutes back.

"Welcome Sargent. I'm Colonel Shuja and I'm glad you and your troops are here, outside you will find Lieutenant Sapphron, she will direct you to the rest of the Regiment. Now if you'll excuse me, i have to go fight a Fop for some ammunition."

With a dismissive salute he heads off towards the Fusiliers.

Genocidecles
2017-05-31, 03:28 AM
Sgt. Moore watches his CO leave and start shouldering his way through some of the Fusiliers. The clear hostility between the two sides is hardly good news and he cant help but grumble about stupid kids and their rivalries as he steps away from the dropship to find this Lt.

He starts looking around for her, trusting that his squad can at least tend to the kubwa without getting into trouble.

Blackhawk748
2017-05-31, 07:27 PM
Moore heads out into the Kamosian sunshine. This planet feels a fair bit like your own homeworld, though maybe a few degrees colder. As you leave the hangar you see dozens of Chimeras, Hellhounds, and Sentinels around the staging area, and all of them have the same insignia on it: A white stylized bird supported by two intertwining dragons on a red backdrop. The soldiers with this insignia are all, tall, mostly blonde and largely built, but it is their equipment that most stands out. Their helmets don't look like your typical flak helmet, they instead look like some sort of feudal nasal helm and their flack armor is worn over what looks like tunics. They all have a fine melee weapon of some description, some even have shields to go with them, and what looks like a shotgun slung over their backs.

As you walk through this chaos you see several Kubwas, and a dark skinned woman who must be Lieutenant Sapphron, standing amongst them.

Alexsander is approached by a Tech Priest with a White Stylized bird on her shoulder. She is wearing Flak Armor over her Mechanicus robes and she has her axe slung on her belt.

"Greetings brother, you are with the Jinetes?"

Genocidecles
2017-06-02, 03:29 AM
I snap off another salute to the LT. pointedly ignoring the crowd of fops prancing around their tanks and introduces himself again.
"Sgt. Moore reporting for duty mam, the Colonel told me you would know where I can get my men squared away and where we can tend to our mounts."

Blackhawk748
2017-06-02, 05:08 AM
Lt Sapphron returns the salute

"Sergeant, your squad is the last one of my platoon to arrive, your position is at the rear of the column alongside the 5th Armored Fist squad of the Heimelians over there."

She gestures to a a Chimera with an Autocannon turret on it, the muzzle break on the gun is shaped like the mouth of a roaring dragon.

"We will be heading out to camp Delta, also called the Rats Nest. It will take us about 3 days to get there and while we are marching the Heimelians will be serving as out long range anti armor, so you may wanna make friends with them. Oh and one last thing. They hate the Fusileers as much as we do, but they arent shy about starting fights with them. So i dont wanna hear about any of you getting dragged into their nonsense. Am i understood?"

janusmaxwell
2017-06-02, 01:07 PM
"Indeed." Aleksander nods politely to the woman and reaches out to shake her hand. "Someone has to make sure the soldiers weapons and armor are kept in good condition." with a slight smile, he adds, "Or better condition, when the parts are available and there's enough time to properly work the Omnissiah's blessing."

(OOC: Referring to customizing or adding extra bits on the guns, MECHANICUS APPROVED METHODS, not Tech-Heresy)

Blackhawk748
2017-06-02, 04:27 PM
She nods back, "Of course, its is just rare to see a Rough Rider regiment and even rarer to see their Tech Priest. I am Birda of the Heimelian Dragon Raiders. I understand that we will be traveling together to our base camp."

janusmaxwell
2017-06-03, 07:41 PM
She nods back, "Of course, its is just rare to see a Rough Rider regiment and even rarer to see their Tech Priest. I am Birda of the Heimelian Dragon Raiders. I understand that we will be traveling together to our base camp."

"Rare indeed, since myself and the other brothers make up 1% of the 500 strength regiment." He smiles in amusement. "My name is Alexsander, and I hope we can talk some more on the journey, rather than rehash the same discussions and debates with the same four people again."