PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What Domains Would This Goddess Have?

Palanan
2017-05-29, 09:31 AM
What domains would be appropriate for a goddess devoted to safeguarding refugees, defending the oppressed, and sustaining a struggle against impossible odds?

The goddess will be NG, so I’m thinking Travel, Liberation, and Good, but that still leaves two other domains. Which ones would be most suitable here?

Kurald Galain
2017-05-29, 11:58 AM
I'd suggest the liberation, community, protection, and strength (look at its subdomains). And good, obviously. I'm not seeing the match for travel here, really.

Honest Tiefling
2017-05-29, 12:34 PM
I'd argue FOR travel. They're refugees, so they have to travel somewhere to become refugees in the first place. Add in that a lot of places won't want to keep refugees around, they'll have to keep travelling. Add in the idea that her priests keep travelling to keep helping people, and you have a good case for the Travel Domain.

Protection is spot on in terms of theme, no disagreement there.

Have you considered the Community domain? Presumably she is trying to help families, which is a subdomain of that domain. And integrate these people into new communities or help them rebuild their own. I think it is a strong contender thematically.

Waker
2017-05-29, 12:41 PM
To fill in your last slots I'd argue between Community, Luck and Protection.

Palanan
2017-05-29, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling
I'd argue FOR travel. They're refugees, so they have to travel somewhere to become refugees in the first place. Add in that a lot of places won't want to keep refugees around, they'll have to keep travelling. Add in the idea that her priests keep travelling to keep helping people, and you have a good case for the Travel Domain.

Yup, this is exactly what I’m thinking.

Originally Posted by Kurald Galain
I'd suggest the liberation, community, protection, and strength….

Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling
Have you considered the Community domain?

Originally Posted by Waker
To fill in your last slots I'd argue between Community, Luck and Protection.

I actually hadn’t thought about Community, but it fits thematically, and the granted power is perfect for helping tired refugees along the road. And Protection is another excellent fit.

So, that’s Travel, Liberation, Community, Protection and Good, which looks like a strong package to me. Thanks for helping me round it out, much appreciated.