PDA

View Full Version : Spinnerette: now with boring text updates

halfeye
2017-05-29, 12:30 PM
Not liking the text updates, so far nothing has happened in two pages.

They stopped for fuel and snacks, and that's it.

<edit>

Three pages now. Still not much happening.

Ibrinar
2017-06-02, 02:34 PM
Text updates lead to me stopping reading erfworld* and I was more invested in that than in this comic (here I am actually just reading because of inertia. Around the time it switched to randomly bolding words it got worse imo.)

Celestia
2017-06-02, 04:31 PM
This comic used to be an awesome perody of superhero comics with the added bonus of lesbians. Then it jumped the shark with the parallel world's story. It's been largely crap since then. I still read it out of a perverted sense of loyalty, but even that is waning. If the comic keeps going downhill, then soon, not even the lesbians will be enough to keep me coming back.

Stale Tales
2017-06-05, 01:26 PM
I am not a big fan of the text updates either but the artwork is still amazing

Delicious Taffy
2017-06-05, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I kinda ducked out at the end of the cake story. The Colonel Glass arc dragged on a bit too long for my taste, and then they followed it with a complete tonal whiplash. Maybe I'll pick it back up in a few months, just to see if they're done jerking the story around in every direction.

Alcore
2017-06-17, 02:25 PM
Yeah.... Left a good cliffhanger for Canadians (+1 resident of hell). :smallannoyed:

I'm sure we'll get back to the main character soon so she can play villian and get her powers back.

to see if they're done jerking the story around in every direction. funny you should mention that in a thread about a comic book styled superhero. The last comic a read was a spiderman one where i was jurked around in every direction till i landed back at go. I was left with impression the creator was smoking something when he wrote it and no one read past page one before giving it the go ahead for production.

Beyond 'text based' spinnerette has met and exceeded my expectations of both marvel and DC when it comes to comics. Good job :smallsmile:

Braininthejar2
2017-06-17, 05:59 PM
This title is a horrible burn, and worse, a deserved one...

halfeye
2017-06-26, 09:00 AM
This title is a horrible burn, and worse, a deserved one...

I thought so.

Now an apparent crime-scene with plenty of evidence, but no notable evidence. Unless this goes somewhere, pretty fast, I'm out, not that I was paying.

halfeye
2017-07-25, 12:13 PM
I am a bit more interested now, stuff's happening in the texts.

Celestia
2017-07-25, 02:18 PM
I am a bit more interested now, stuff's happening in the texts.
You've actually been reading them?

Edit: Oh, god. Apparently, they're supposed to continue for six to eight more weeks! Well that's just grand.

Ibrinar
2017-07-31, 11:23 AM
I am not entirely sure why I don't read text updates in webcomics (though with spinnerette I have the additional excuse of not being particularly interested in the main comic anymore) I mean I read loads of stuff online, I read some long web serials (worm, the zombie knight or this week the wandering inn) but when text updates come in webcomics I tend to not bother.

halfeye
2017-07-31, 11:37 AM
I am not entirely sure why I don't read text updates in webcomics (though with spinnerette I have the additional excuse of not being particularly interested in the main comic anymore) I mean I read loads of stuff online, I read some long web serials (worm, the zombie knight or this week the wandering inn) but when text updates come in webcomics I tend to not bother.

Your list is missing at least five. I've not heard of the zombie knight or wandering inn, are they good?

Spinnerette's text stuff started badly, three boring updates in a row, but then it really began. So far I'd say it's going quite well. You probably need to read the first three for background, or at least the third, and it's not finished yet, so I can't say whether it's going to be good as a whole, but so far it's up to interesting at least.

Celestia
2017-07-31, 05:15 PM
I'm the exact same way. I think it's just an expectation thing. When you're reading a book, you expect long pages of text walls and prepare yourself for them. However, with comics, you expect pictures to tell the story with some light dialog for context, so you prepare yourself for that. When the comic posts a pure text update, it's not what your mind was ready to take in, so you default to disinterest. At least, that's my theory.

Ibrinar
2017-07-31, 06:04 PM
Your list is missing at least five. I've not heard of the zombie knight or wandering inn, are they good?

Well I enjoy both, but whether they are good hmm. With the wandering inn I expect that some will be annoyed by parts of the first MCs character and I could criticize some other stuff but I enjoyed it quite a bit once it got going. The zombie knight well I think it is pretty solid though it has been a while since the last update. And it wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list but I probably haven't read them anyway I don't really look for webserials.