PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item ideas

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-05-29, 03:09 PM
I have an artificer who follows Gond and have been working on ideas for Equipement he would make for himself and what they would do.

He has a Halbred(poleaxe) that can Shrink(sizing). So he isnt stuck carrying around a large weapon that isnt normally seen due to its extra parts.

Boots that allow him to walk fast (longstride) and almost without a trace (pass without trace) as well as move silently a few times per day. (silence)

Gauntlet of Rust for protection just incase (Im a warforged)

And a warhammer with returning to emulate my deity's weapon.

And I also have a shield which im giving variable So i can use it as a buckler or a tower shield if need be. and wanted to have it do something extra like the Lion shield does.

Was thinking having a red dragon or a fire elemental inscribed onto it and have it cast burning hands for the elemental or a fire breath attack that dragons have. but I also know fire tends to be the most Resistant element. I throught since Im a creator of things what if I had a Golem inscribed and activating it. The picture/etch etc. Punchs from the shield or something.

Is there anything like this or maybe possible suggestions for me to use in there place/stead?

rel
2017-05-30, 12:18 AM
First off, items that boost UMD are a great start. One of the most powerful things you can do is get enough UMD to reliably cast your Spell Storing Item infusion.

next are consumables; scrolls and wands for utility and combat. They give you an edge and free the wizard up for CC and SoS.

After that create cheap items with strong effects. Belt of battle, belt of healing, chronocharm of the horison walker and so forth.

then get items to boost your numbers (items of + stat, + saves + AC, etc.) boring but effective.

finally grab the big items with big effects; third eye of clarity, blindfold of true darkness, ring of freedom and so forth.

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-05-30, 04:33 AM
I'm running as a meleeficer. Most Gear will be for boosting my combatness and the abiltity to fight and work. Im aware of UMD boosting which as my stats are as they are is pretty good. Yes I know "you can never have enough" for UMD. Flat healing wont help as I get only half. Which is why i have a customized weapon im swipping the idea from someone. Warforged healing (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Warforged_Screwdriver_(3.5e_Equipment)) Otherwise I would of focused on Goodberry wine schema. which im more then likely going to do anyways as extra healing.

IM going Heavy armor and picking heavy armor focuing feats to increase my AC as well as Getting myself FFAC with shields also. which is going to be a viable shield to which will let me use it to the time and not being stuck with a tower shield or just a buckler shield when i need the other.

My role would be the "Wizard" . We have a Dragonborn Dragon monk,Gruumsh orc cleric, Sneaky archer rogue and a Npc whos a "cover" all caster. But we also lack fighting power. Hence the Meleeficer. Yes I know scrolls and wands will be a big thing to do as well. Im trying to find stable "gear" so that I can focus on the utilitys (wands scrolls potions etc)

As for your suggestions.
No psionic so no Clarity.
blindfold of true darkness Seems good but my Dm would eventually have enemys use thunderstones more. (were fighting a semi smart punch of humionids and bandits and such)
Ring of Freedom I'll look into

Finally yes UMD. yes UMD. So much UMD.