PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a Gladiator. Someone who inspire's fear in the hearts of men and beast

Town_Drunk
2017-05-29, 04:19 PM
This build would simply consist of someone who can fight with a single weapon and his fist, stabbing those whilst driving his fist in their sternum. His weapon would most likely be a longsword, just to keep things simple. His hand can have a spiked gauntlet, or some other kind of fisticuff weapon. He also focuses on instilling fear without the use of spells, since he will need armor. His Ability Scores will most likely be: 16 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con, 8 Int, 8 Wis, 16 Cha. The reason being is that he has to be nimble on his feet, strong, and has a need for Charisma to be effective at fear. Being a Gladiator, and as such a slave, he isn't very smart because of his lack-luster education, and he has been trained for nothing but battle, and can be quite cocky. I have thought that Barbarian with Intimidating Rage, 1-2 levels in monk for the unarmed strike and improved saves and possibly Combat Expertise for feats like Karmic Strike, if I want to get into being an AoO bully. But that isn't necessary. What's necessary is that he's a melee focused TWF with a sword and fist, and can inspire fear into the hearts of men and beast alike.

Feats I must take:
Imperious Command (Cowering is better than shaken.)
Intimidating Strike (This opponent will regret fighting me.)
Power Attack (For impaling fools.)
Two Weapon Fighting (duh.)
Superior Unarmed Strike (Unless I get enchanted gauntlets.)
Intimidating Rage (Helps with making enemies flee.)

Essential Classes: Barbarian, Some Fighter for bonus feats, 1 level of monk to have a semi-decent unarmed strike and a free feat, *maybe Bard.*

syryous
2017-05-29, 04:41 PM
How about Half-Orc Paragon into Orc Paragon for your first 6 levels. You'll get +4 STR, Intimidate is a class skill, and Rage. You would need to find a prestige class to finish it but it's a solid start.

Sian
2017-05-29, 04:45 PM
the lazy suggestion would be Gladiator from Sword and Fist ... Less lazy one would be Battle Dancer as base class (Dragon Compendium)

Its worth a mention through, that Superior Unarmed strike is only good if you don't have Monk Levels ...

Town_Drunk
2017-05-29, 05:07 PM
the lazy suggestion would be Gladiator from Sword and Fist ... Less lazy one would be Battle Dancer as base class (Dragon Compendium)

Its worth a mention through, that Superior Unarmed strike is only good if you don't have Monk Levels ...

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Thanks!

Kaleph
2017-05-29, 05:29 PM
I also second a 1-lvl dip in battledancer, and I suggest refluffing zentarim fighter into a gladiator.