PDA

View Full Version : Changing Cleric Domains

captain_decadence
2007-08-02, 08:27 PM
I was wondering what you guys and gals thought about a cleric changing their domains. Here's my situation right now. My character is a priestess of a goddess with three aspects (this is a homebrew campaign). The three aspects are Warrior-Smith (which is the aspect she is currently focused on), Mother and Creativity/Song. My character has very much focused on the Warrior-Smith aspect of her goddess but due to certain things done by the DM and some of my own decisions, she is probably going to change her focus and dedicate herself to a different part of her goddess.

Right now her Domains are War and Fire, very much the first aspect. But now that she has been involved in actual combat, even in killing innocents by mistake (long story), she is heartily tired of this aspect of her goddess and wants to transfer her worship. Can she change her domains when she changes or not? I have not been able to find this in my books.

Also, any suggestions for domains that fit into either the Mother/Hearth Goddess or Songstress aspects would be helpful.

Thanks.

Curmudgeon
2007-08-02, 09:03 PM
Your homebrew setting is going to affect things, but the standard retraining rules are in the Player's Handbook II. Start there.

captain_decadence
2007-08-02, 09:06 PM
totally don't have the players handbook 2, would it be possible for someone to give me the shortened version?

de-trick
2007-08-02, 09:18 PM
im not a hundred persent sure but a month of training

MrNexx
2007-08-02, 10:54 PM
First of all, talk to your DM about what you're thinking, why you're doing it, etc. There might already be something in place for this.

If there isn't, I think a month of meditation and lore would be a reasonable thing, as 3.5 times go. It's not like you're abandoning her... just thinking about her differently, which would, from the three aspects you said, seem to be a fairly natural progression through life for this deity's worshipers.