PDA

View Full Version : Item crumbles to dust

Gully176
2017-05-29, 10:42 PM
How many magic items do you guys know of that says this instead of running out of charges or uses? According to RaW is this using a charge of said after nine times the item crumbles? Or is it that the physical item can't control the magic anymore?

Starbuck_II
2017-05-29, 10:49 PM
How many magic items do you guys know of that says this instead of running out of charges or uses? According to RaW is this using a charge of said after nine times the item crumbles? Or is it that the physical item can't control the magic anymore?

1) Scarab of Protection:
2) Brooch of Shielding
3) Chime of Opening
4) Helm of Brilliance: only gems turn to powder.

Just the way they wrote it I guess.

Gully176
2017-05-29, 10:58 PM
My DM is all about wording. So technically this is not charged items correct?

There's a book by monte Cooke called the Book of eldritch might that has a feat I think can help get more uses out of this.

Psyren
2017-05-29, 10:59 PM
Some ioun stones turn "forever useless" which seems like it might be similar.

Starbuck_II
2017-05-29, 11:03 PM
Some ioun stones turn "forever useless" which seems like it might be similar.

Well, they still float so you can cast Continual light on them or something.

Inevitability
2017-05-30, 12:39 AM
Well, they still float so you can cast Continual light on them or something.

Like this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/ioun-torch/)?

Thurbane
2017-05-30, 03:50 AM
1) Scarab of Protection:
2) Brooch of Shielding
3) Chime of Opening
4) Helm of Brilliance: only gems turn to powder.

Just the way they wrote it I guess.

From the MIC:

5) Amulet of Incarnum Shielding
6) Essentia Jewel
7) Scarab of Stabilization

Also in the MIC, a relevant point on Charged and Single-Use Items

After you use up the last charge or use of one of these items, it becomes a nonmagical object.

Florian
2017-05-30, 04:28 AM

Most of the time, this comes up with non-standard items that explicitly donīt use the rules for charged items, but rather use the "limited use" option for price reduction.