PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian/Warlock for OotA (Build Help)

SMac8988
2017-05-30, 07:12 AM
Alright, I know I've been posting looking for different builds and all over the past few days, but I'm getting pretty set on this one and we start playing tonight. Just looking for advice to make the most of it. I don't need optimazation, just to make sure I don't have any huge flaws, or miss something really cool I could do.

Ra'Ki "The Undying Winter"

Start: 1 Barb/ 2 Warlock
Goliath
Outlander Background
(Unsure on alignment)

I think we are rolling stats at the start, so I don't have those. But my focus will be.
Con>Str>Dex>Cha>Wis>Int

I'm actually hoping Int will be very low. I'm planning to play him as tribal, feral individual.

Since this is OotA, we start with no equipment, so I'll have to hopefully find items as we go.

Warlock Level 2
Patron: Fiend

Invocation: Devil's Sight and Fiendish Vigor to start.

Spells:
Cantrips: Green Flame Blade (Reflavored to cold damage), and Booming Blade (Reflavored as ice surrounding their feet)

1st Level: Armor of Agathys (What the build is built around), Hex (In case I don't want to rage)

Pact Spells: Burning Hands, Command.

Goal of the build is to punish people for attacking me, but not give them a choice but to fight me.

End goal, with OotA ending at level 15 or 16, is Warlock 8/Barbarian 6-8, depending how it ends.

Barbarian I am torn between Bear for all the resistences to make the build stronger, or the UA Storm Barb for more flavor and works well with how I want him

N810
2017-05-30, 07:41 AM
The storm barb seems like the more fun option, and it fits your theme better.

SMac8988
2017-05-30, 07:55 AM
The storm barb seems like the more fun option, and it fits your theme better.

I was thinking that same thing. I may not maintain armor as long, but I like the idea of even if it fades tk still have the ice and frost going.

I'm concerned what other spells to pick up as a warlock. I was looking for more utility based stuff at this point since the build is basically online with one what's here.

I get fire shield, which has a cold option, from my patron so don't need that.

Suggestions there would be great!

Consensus
2017-05-30, 11:54 AM
It seems you're using scag cantrips instead of extra attack, so are you forgoing rage?

N810
2017-05-30, 12:07 PM
You might think about picking up spells with lasting effects but
don't require concentration. (yea there are a few of those)

SMac8988
2017-05-30, 02:59 PM
It seems you're using scag cantrips instead of extra attack, so are you forgoing rage?

I plan to use them to get by till I get my second attack from level 5 warlock.

With my level plan I won't get my second attack till level 7, so I those will help till then.

Plan is start Barb 1/Warlock 2, and take warlock to 3, then barb to 3 then warlock to 6 then barb to 6, then bounce till both hit 8.

I was thinking of going two weapon, maybe two war hammers, that way when raging I'll have two attacks.

You might think about picking up spells with lasting effects but
don't require concentration. (yea there are a few of those)

I tried look through some. Big ones I saw were armor of argthyr and fire sheild, any other suggestion?