PDA

View Full Version : How best to use Planar Alliy?

Zene
2017-05-31, 01:50 AM
My L8 Life Cleric just got a set of prayer beads that allow him to cast Planar Ally 2x/day as a bonus action. I'm stumped on how best to use this.

He's a cleric of Oghma, and has met Megaera (though they're not on good terms), so there's one deity and one primordial he could ask to send an ally.

As a note, I play AL, under lots of different DMs. So I'm looking for suggestions that most DMs would be ok with if possible. I realize this may be tough since Planar Ally is such a subjective spell. But I'd like to be able to say to the DM "I'm beseeching ___ to send an ally, here are some possible things they could send" and have a few options ready. But I don't really know what would be appropriate, or even how I would figure that out. On top of that, since allies charge gold by the minute/hour, I'd love to hear some cool uses for them that wouldnt use too much of their time, but would be worth spending the gold cost on.

Oh also, if there are specific names of beings that might be allied with Oghma or Megaera he could request, that'd be cool to know. He's a Sage (Researcher) background, and he's definitely going to spend some time looking into that.