PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Piece Group 2 - IC Part 1

Frosty
2017-05-31, 05:12 AM
Day 1, Jeninburg town entrance

Everyone had, for one reason or another, visited the capital of Eisenmarke one week ago, and everyone heard the queen's proclamation of reward for activities and information against the slavers the rumored undead. The four of you decided to form a group to tackle this task, and have spent the week's worth of travel time getting to know each other. Even if there is not yet friendship or true trust, the basic foundations are there, enough to at least work as a team. Now, the group reaches the main gates to the small town of Jeninburg, home to about a thousand people. The group hopes to gather information about local threats, and ventures through to search for someone to converse with. However, storefronts, restaurants, and just about everything else seems to be closed or in-manned at the moment. No one is seen walking the streets. From a cursory glance, a foreign visitor would be forgiven for doubting the population estimates. What is going on? Not long after, the group sees a pair of young women walking towards them. The taller individual sports short, orange-red hair and multiple scars across the left half of her face, marring what is otherwise quite the beauty. She wears a sturdy-looking breastplate and sensible pants. A shield is strapped across her back. The shorter woman has long, silky black hair going down to nearly her waist, very light skin, and many tattoos on her body. The blue dress this woman wears seems designed to show off her tattoos, blending aesthetics and function. Both women have weapons, although none are drawn.

Suddenly a bell rings loudly, coming from the direction of the center of town. The two women do not seem concerned about the bell as they are still walking toward the main gates.

https://img.fireden.net/tg/image/1447/26/1447260624341.jpg
http://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/80/95/0yX8Ab.jpg
While the taller woman could be a local, the shorter woman is almost certainly not. She is of Tian ethnicity.
The shorter woman's loose sleeves and tattoos also serve to hide the horrible-lookin, blackened hands and forearms.
What appear to be small necklace worn by both women at first glance may actually be a (un)holy symbol. It is too difficult to figure out what deity the symbol is of, at this distance and with only a cursory examination.

stack
2017-05-31, 08:35 AM
local [roll0]
perception [roll1]
Beorn Grimm has been reserved most of the journey, though has spoken of the area from his experience on past travels in the militia and as an agent of the Queen's justice. He is pointedly silent on personal matters however. His imposing form discourages pressing the matter.

"I have seen graveyards with more joy than this town. That is not promising..." Spotting the approaching women and catching glimpse of their adornment, he raises a hand in greeting. Either fellow servants or malignant foes, either way best to acknowledge them and find out which. "Greetings. It is good to see someone out and about."

detect evil on whichever comes in range first

Maquise
2017-05-31, 01:50 PM
Tatyana Lysander proved to be an outgoing and fairly cheerful lass, even if some of her compatriots tended to the more stoic side. During the journey, she would frequently joke, and occasionally flirt with her new companions, of both genders. She'd set out from Eisenmarke with a spring in her step, eager for her shot at some heroics.

As they enter Jeninburg, the swashbuckler looks around. "No kidding," she says to her new inquisitorial companion. "Something about this doesn't feel right," she says, her hand going to the elaborately decorated, gilded hilt of her rapier at her left hip. Then, she spots the two approaching figures, and relaxes... just slightly. She eyes up the approaching women. A warrioress, and what looks like some form of spellcaster, she thinks to herself.

Knowledge: Local [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Ilorin Lorati
2017-05-31, 02:50 PM
Akeline

Contrary to Beorn, Akeline had done anything but stay quiet; although she couldn't share many of her own experiences, she reveled in hearing others', and would sit to chat with any of her companions as time and willingness allowed. "These poor people have had the hope taken from them. With luck, and the grace of the gods, we will be the ones to help bring it back, yes? As she spoke, her attention quickly turned to the oncomers, just like the others...

Unlike the others, however, her attention was on a different part of them. Quickly rushing towards the woman with the scarred hands, she gasped, "Oh you poor dear! Does it hurt, have you seen a healer? Can we help?"

Got 19 on Perception, Local auto-succeeds based on bonus.

ManWithDoor
2017-06-01, 01:59 PM
The Warpriest trudges tirelessly along with the rest of the party, his stubby limbs moving at a steady pace for hours on end, even in full plate. Over the week since they met up he has spoken eagerly about the call to fight the slavers, although not so much the undead. Not that he's a big fan of ambulatory skeletons or anything, but the rough scars around his wrists and neck that are visible when he takes off his armor for the night speak volumes, even if he hadn't mentioned first thing that he used to be a slave, and has a personal crusade going on to take out every last one of the bastards. An intense individual, to say the least.

Even with his compatriots calling out that something is odd, he just idly slows, his lucerne hammer held casually at right-shoulder arms. "What's this then? Everyone else holed up? We're not here to hurt anyone, we promise. The others don't have to hide."

Frosty
2017-06-01, 11:39 PM
The pair of women start to respond to the greetings with salutations of their own. "May your troubles be tempora...ahh!". However, she is interrupted when the psychic rushes forward, ahead of her more heavily armored allies and straight to the strangers. The shorter woman backs up a bit. "You're...rather forward, aren't you? But, thank you for your concern. Yes, it hurts. No, healers have not been able to help. But it's fine. Pain and suffering is fleeting. Things will be better in the end."

The taller woman gestures towards the center of town, where the bell is ringing loudly. "The entire town has gathered for the funerals. If you wish to pay your respects like we have, you should hurry. Just earlier today, raiders came and performed a blitzkrieg attack. They took many healthy people, including many young women, and killed those that were too sick to make good slaves. Then, they made their escape before the militia could mount a counterattack. Despite our best efforts at healing, dozens lost their lives today. At least they suffer no more...". She eyes betray a flash of hatred as she relays the events.

Beorn does not detect any evil in the area
You may roll perception again. If you get 20 or more, you can then roll knowledge religion.
You believe this is a holy symbol of a god worshipped in Tian.
The name escapes you, but the symbol is similar to, although not the same as a Tian god of enlightenment and self-perfection.
The symbol probably represents a particular aspect or perhaps offshoot of the main religion.

ManWithDoor
2017-06-02, 12:02 AM
Dalmir audibly grinds his teeth, his grip tightening on his weapon. He aggressively moves it into both hands, then winces and puts it back on his shoulder. He coughs, looking a little sheepish. Then he looks angry again. "Slavers." It is clearly a deadly curse coming from him. "Oh, they'll pay. With their lives. Nobody gets away with that, nobody." He nods towards the center of town. "I guess the proper thing is to honor the dead, quick-like. We're here so this sort of thing doesn't go unavenged. Any idea where they ran off to? We'll ask the rest of the town of course, but you two seem more action-focused than the rest." He clearly means that as a compliment.

Maquise
2017-06-02, 12:20 AM
"Just earlier today?" Tatyana says, stepping forward. "How many of them were there, and which way did they go? We may yet have a chance to pursue them!" Her heart starts hammering behind her ample bosoms, and her face flushes as adrenaline courses through her veins. She looks around for any obvious signs of their passing, clearly ready to dash off at the drop of a hat.

Perception: [roll0]

stack
2017-06-02, 09:01 AM
Beorn approaches as the conversation continues. He strokes his beard, looking in the indicated direction. "I may be able to help follow them. Best not to linger; the best respect to pay those murdered is to bring justice to their killers."[roll0]

(If we follow the tracks, take 10 for 21 if that finds anything)

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-02, 11:28 AM
Akeline

The woman frowned sadly at the response she was given, taking a step back in response to the pair's attitude towards her. "Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it heals well, at least; the pain of burns cannot be a comfortable feeling." What else was there to do, other than respect their wishes?

She turned her attention elsewhere. She had to.

Seeing that the Inquisitor had already started his attempts to seek out the raiders, the woman closed her eyes for a moment and tried to bring to mind a spell that could help him. Instead of that, all she gained was a measure of frustration - which she pushed to the side as she responded to his comments. "The best respect to the fallen is to do both. The trail won't be lost with five minutes that it wouldn't already have been in a few hours."

Spell Recollection failed.

Frosty
2017-06-02, 01:21 PM
The woman with the blackened arms smiles. "It...likely won't heal, but I've learned to deal with it. Thank you for your concern." She turns to the agitated swashbuckler. "I was too busy healing the wounded in the back to see where they went. you should go talk to members of the militia and other survivors. They're at the funeral and can likely provide you with more details."

The taller woman checks a time piece. "I hope you find those monsters and slay them. Come on, Cherie, we should get going." With that, both women walk off, out of town.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1, shortly after Noon, Jeninburg - main square

The party walks on, and eventually start seeing other people. Many are wearing black in mourning. At the main square of the town, the signs of battle still haven't been completely cleaned up yet. There are still blood stains and some debris, but larger obstruction have been cleared to make way for the funeral procession. There are many, many caskets. Some are open, with people paying their respects. Others are closed and being taken to the nearby graveyard, which is also attached to a temple of Pharasma. People here look wary and tired.

Some people are obvious militia guards, trying to keep order.

Maquise
2017-06-02, 06:49 PM
At her friend Akaline's words, Tatyana relaxes, slightly. "I suppose you are right, as usual, love," She says, and follows the rest. "We can see those brave souls who gave their lives to protect this place off. They are our brothers in arms, after all."

-------

During the ceremony, Tatyana respectfully removes her fabulous, wide-brimmed feathered hat, bowing her head as the honored dead are laid in the ground. She's lost track of how many friends and comrades she's lost, either to the Brek raiders or to the growing undead scourge.

stack
2017-06-03, 09:31 AM
Beorn crosses to one of the guards, giving him a nod. "Bad business this. Just arrived with some others here and heard the news. We may be able to lend a hand. Know anything about the attackers?"

ManWithDoor
2017-06-03, 08:26 PM
Dalmir stands behind Beorn, nodding. "Yeah, rough times. If you can point out where the bastards went, we've got some experienced Slaver-hunters among us. Always glad to get back anyone taken."

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-04, 12:48 PM
Akeline

With nothing to say, the red-haired woman goes to pay her respects.

Frosty
2017-06-05, 02:42 AM
A short, stiocky guard studies the group, and deciding that they aren't troublemakers, features to the east. "This time there wer at least a dozen men each on dire wolves. They charged in through the east gate, and you'd think this would be easy to track, but somehow once they move into the forest their tracks all but disappear. Maybe it's magic. Of course, we can't spare our most experienced men as we desperately need them for defense right now, but just for ONCE I'd love to have a fight on our terms."

The half-elf guard nearby points to a few wagons. "I still say we should try to spare enough men to stage an ambush. We know the raiders also like hitting traders and merchants. A caravan would be a perfect lure, if we can spare the men." She looks at the group. "Hmm, I suppose some of you could pass as caravan guards. How good be you with your weapons?"

stack
2017-06-05, 08:27 AM
"Good enough, I'll wager. Might be worth seeing if I can find a track or not, but the fake caravan plan ain't a bad one if I can't." Beorn gives the man a nod of respect.

Maquise
2017-06-06, 12:19 AM
"Did you say they were riding Dire Wolves?" Tatyana says. "That sounds like an odd choice for a mount..." She considers if there are any bands she knows of that use such creatures as their mounts.

Knowledge: Local [roll0]

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-06, 12:41 AM
Akeline

"Not just uncommon, but rather a vicious beast to ride, whomever tamed them must be quite talented - if just as cruel." Akeline looks over at Tatyana and furrows her brow, thinking about what she might be able to recall as well.

Local as well: [roll0]

stack
2017-06-06, 09:14 AM
[roll0] not real likely but may as well roll...meh

ManWithDoor
2017-06-06, 02:48 PM
Dalmir pats the large Lucerne Hammer held casually over one shoulder. "Yup, I'd say I'm a fair hand at fighting. And I like the idea of giving these raiders a taste of their own medicine. Sign me up."

Frosty
2017-06-07, 01:48 AM
The half elf points to a well-dressed dwarf who looks like he's barely holding it together within the graveyard proper. "I think the best bet is to coordinate with Gravish Goldhammer. He makes regular caravan runs between various villages locally. It's so sad. First his wife and children became weak and sick with disease. Gravish had meant to come pay for magical healing here at the temple, but the raiders came and ended their lives first. You may wish to wait just a little until the service for his family is over. If you wish to look for tracks, now is a good time as any."

The human guard gets a bit angry. "I'm sure it's those Brek bastards! Those orcs are KNOWN to tame dire wolves for pets and mounts! If only we didn't have a GUTLESS monarch who refuses to send the army to punish those responsible..."

stack
2017-06-07, 08:51 AM
Beorn dismisses himself quietly to begin searching for tracks. (take 10 for 21, then 20 for 31 if 10 finds nothing useful, unless the service ends first)

ManWithDoor
2017-06-07, 11:51 AM
The Warpriest grunts in acknowledgement. "Well, I guess I'll wait out the service, then talk to the poor man." He settles down in as unobtrusive of a place as he can, to just observe until the time is right to approach.

Frosty
2017-06-07, 02:50 PM
The inquisitor does indeed find some tracks leading out of the town gates. A quick search confirms that the tracks seemingly disappear not far past the edge of the forest. A more thorough search begins to reveal some well-hidden tracks. However, the service ends before Beorn can finish his search.

The rest of the party watches the service conclude.

Beorn is unable to finish taking 20 in time. He did find some tracks but he may not have the whole story unless he comes back and finishes the search later.

Everyone else: make a perception check. Beorn doesn't get one because he had just returned.

stack
2017-06-08, 12:17 PM
Beorn returns. "With a bit more time I think I could follow the trail, won't be fast though."

Maquise
2017-06-08, 01:24 PM
Tatyana shrugs. "Will be faster than trying to pursue them without a lead, or waiting for them to attack again. Unless someone can think of a reason not to go, I say we take the shot." Placing her hat back on her head, she adjusts it to have a daring angle. "I, for one, am eager to even the scales."

Perception: [roll0]

ManWithDoor
2017-06-09, 11:22 AM
Dalmir watches the service, his face stony. Depending on their level of theistic vigor, he either listens intently or has to prevent himself from rolling his eyes. Not a lot of holiness going on in this region, so no point in pretending the gods give a damn about them. Maybe the 'hungry' gods who want to eat souls or something. But certainly no celestial ones.

I got a 4! I notice NOTHING!

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-09, 02:33 PM
Akeline

After the service finished, Akeline takes her time offering consolation to those who are most visibly effected by their current events. She does, however, make her way towards the exit - just at a somewhat slowed pace. There were places to be.

Frosty
2017-06-10, 02:08 AM
Initiative!

Dalmir: [roll0]
Tatyana: [roll1]
Beorn: [roll2]
Akeline: [roll3]

EDIT: Oops, I was supposed to post this in OOC thread...

Frosty
2017-06-10, 03:23 AM
Prayers seem to be going to many different deities, but Pharasma seems to be invoked more than the rest. The dwarf refrains from rolling his eyes as Gravish, the dwarven merchant, prays to Abadar to receive the souls of his family well. Right when he finishes, everything goes wrong. Mounds of dirt are being pushed up from graves, and coffins burst open. Out come undead...and a LOT of them too! Villagers start screaming and panicking. Some freeze. Some back away blindly. One holds up a knife shakily. Even the coffin that contained Gravish's wife bursts open, and the putrid zombie starts sniffing the air and settling its eyes on Gravish. Perhaps it means to eat the dwarf even as the dwarf is paralyzed in shock! Chaso is everywhere, and the guards aren't here...yet.

http://i.imgur.com/w9pJEGq.jpg
Ok, since Tatyana made the Perception check, she is faster on the uptake. She gets to do something in the Surprise round. The undead all spend their surprise round climbing out of the earth/coffins. After that, it's round 1, with all PCs going before the enemies.

Maquise
2017-06-10, 01:12 PM
The young adventuress's quick senses alert her to the danger. Taking a step to the east to the dwarven merchant's side, her hand goes to the immaculately crafted rapier at her hip, hilt crafted of shining silver to resemble a frosted lily. The blade emerges with lightning swiftness, runes etched along its narrow but razor-sharp edge glowing an electric blue. She takes an alert stance, her body providing a shield to the nearby merchant (While inadvertently giving him a decent view of the seat of her rather tight pants).

"The dead rise!"

stack
2017-06-10, 02:42 PM
Beorn curses briefly then calls upon the heavens as he closes with the undead and draws his axe. A celestial cat appears just beyond the stronger undead, gold with silver spots, pouncing with tooth and claw. Beorn follows, axe high and ready to put bodies back to rest. "To your graves, to your graves! You do not walk today!" He calls as he approaches.

standard action - summon monster 3 for a celestial leopard (augment summoning)
Leopard ( Celestial AugmentSummoning ) CR 2
XP 600
N Medium animal
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; low-light vision, scent; Perception +5
DEFENSEAC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 25 (3d8+12)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2;
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5; SR 7;
OFFENSESpeed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee bite +8 (1d6+5 plus grab), 2 claws +8 (1d3+5)
Space 5 ft.Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks pounce, rake (2 claws +6, 1d3+3); Smite Evil 1/day (swift action, +Cha bonus to attack, +HD bonus to damage; persists until target dead or creature rests).
STATISTICSStr 20, Dex 19, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6;
Base Atk 2; CMB 7 (+11 grapple); CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Stealth), Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +13, Perception +5, Stealth +11 (+15 in undergrowth); Racial Modifiers +4 on Stealth in undergrowth
in the square just past the ghast

leopard pounces w/ smite evil
bite att [roll0] Damage [roll1] Grab [roll2]
Claw 1 att [roll3] Damage [roll4]
Claw 2 att [roll5] Damage [roll6]
Rake att [roll7] Damage [roll8]

share broken wing gambit. Leopard will use if ghast isn't destroyed.

Beorn moves to flank, 20 ft. move to put him on the diagonal (if the ghast is up), drawing his axe. If ghast is down, approach Z8

know religion [roll9] on ghast
know religion [roll10] on zombies

Maquise
2017-06-10, 07:00 PM
In front of the dwarven merchant, Tatyana focuses on the shambling undead as it stumbles out of its fresh grave. "You should not be here! Go back below! BLOOD AND FIRE!" She shouts the battlecry of her militia, brandishing the silver blade of Disglaer. She strikes at the first foe.

Full Attack vs. Z3

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Will roll Crits in OOC if applicable.

ManWithDoor
2017-06-11, 06:11 AM
Dalmir hefts his giant polearm, then brings it down in a mighty overhand chop. "Oh no you don't! And stay dead!"

Z1: Power Attack / Vital Strike: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-11, 03:35 PM
Akeline (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1214617)
F LG Peri-Blooded Aasimar Amnesiac Rebirth Psychic [Paladin], Level 6, Init 5, HP / , Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15, CMD 13, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 3
Quarterstaff +3 (1d6-1, x2)
+1 Mithral Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 23, Wis 8, Cha 16
Condition None

Akeline recognizes quickly that the undead are unlikely to have been spontaneously created, screaming out into the surrounding area "How dare you intrude upon this sacred rite?!" In a fit of anger, she turns and draws a spear made of pure light from her pocket and throws it at the nearest zombie.

Spear of Purity against Z6.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Will DC 18 for 1/2 damage.

Move NE 15'

Frosty
2017-06-14, 02:13 AM
The chaotic scene is hard to keep of as so many things happen all at once! Some of the villagers panic and just cower, while others have more presence of mind and are able to retreat towards the temple. Screams of pain and fear come from elves and humans alike. The nearby Halfling manages to get away fairly well, running to get help from the temple even as one of the ghouls follows. Luckily, the agile Halfling is able to avoid a lethal bite.

The human woman cowers as a chunk of her flesh is torn from her shoulder. The half-orc seems braver than most, and charges the ghoul with nothin more than his fists.

Both elves are attacked and injured, although not critically...yet.

Beorn's leopard makes short work of the ghast, its fangs and claws too much for the foul-smelling undead to stand up to. This leaves Beorn open to move to the next closest zombie. Unfortunately, that zombie has decided that the human villager with no armor is easier to eat, and tears a chunk out of his arm!

Dalmir and Akeline both just BARELY miss their targets in the chaos.

Tatyana has much steadier hands, and manages to skewer the zombie in front of her with enough force to utterly defeat it! However, as it crumbles, pus and putrid gases BURST out from its body, as if the whole body was one bit diseased PIMPLE that just popped! Tatyana is coated, and can immediate feel herself getting weaker.

The zombie in front of Gravish, the one that was his wife (z4), it looks around hungrily, and appeared to be prepared to lunge at Gravish. However, it then seems to stop and look at Gravish, as if confused. It does not attack.

Two zombies scratch and bite at Tatyana, and the daring swashbuckler BARELY manages to dodge! Damir's armor deflects the blow from a zombie attacker.

Thanks to the zombie's Death Burst, Tatyana must make a Fort save DC 11 or be infected with a powerful disease with immediate onset. On a failed save, Tatyana takes
Con damage: [roll0]
Wis damage: [roll1]

No other PCs got hurt. Some of the villagers are very hurt though.

http://i67.tinypic.com/288pmqq.png

stack
2017-06-14, 11:15 AM
The leopard follows its instincts and turns, pouncing on the nearest zombie.
XP 600
N Medium animal
hp 25 (3d8+12)
Space 5 ft.Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks pounce, rake (2 claws +6, 1d3+3); Smite Evil 1/day (swift action, +Cha bonus to attack, +HD bonus to damage; persists until target dead or creature rests).
Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +13, Perception +5, Stealth +11 (+15 in undergrowth); Racial Modifiers +4 on Stealth in undergrowth

charge + pounce vs Z4 (didn't want to give any complex direction)

leopard pounce
bite att Damage [roll1] Grab [roll] 1d20+11
Claw 1 att [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Claw 2 att [roll4] Damage [roll5]
Rake att [roll6] Damage [roll7]

-2 AC from charge

Seeing the foul result of the other zombie's demise, Beorn attacks anyway, not having the luxury of withdrawing to apply better tactics when the villagers are at risk. "Get clear!" he growls at the nearest man.
attack [roll8]
damage [roll9]

Maquise
2017-06-15, 12:56 AM
As the zombie bursts, Tatyana is thoroughly slimed. "Bleuuuggh!" She gags in disgust. She has a vial of anti-plague amongst her gear, but with the threat of the zombies still on her, she hasn't the time to use it. With the first threat to Gravish apparently... stalled, for some reason, she strikes for the second zombie in the immediate vicinity. "Get clear!"

Attacks vs Z6
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Use Charmed Life if Fortitude Save is triggered
Fortitude: [roll4]

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-15, 03:47 PM
F LG Peri-Blooded Aasimar Amnesiac Rebirth Psychic [Paladin], Level 6, Init 5, HP / , Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15, CMD 13, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 3
Condition None
1st: 8/8
2nd: 6/7
3rd: 3/4

Seeing her spell miss, Akeline starts in to bring her staff to bear against the creatures, but stops short as she sees them explode upon death. Stopping short of closing the gap, she instead backs up further and channels a series of three bolts of force towards the further away monsters. "Listen to her, create distance! We don't know what their ichor will do!"

Cast Magic Missile. Z? (north of the elf) first, then counter clockwise around them if they start dying.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

ManWithDoor
2017-06-16, 04:23 AM
"Gravish, form up on us! Come on man, snap out of it, that isn't your wife anymore. We'll protect you." The dwarf moves closer to Tatyana to support, swiping again with his polearm.

5' step East.
PA Vital Strike Z1: [roll0]

Frosty
2017-06-18, 03:04 AM
The leopard does indeed do a great job at ripping apart the zombie that used to be Gravish's wife. The leopard shakes and holds fast as the gore sprays against it. Gravish, however, was not able to dodge the explosion, and starts coughing and wheezing. Tatyana manages to kill the two zombies flanking her, and while she resist succumbing to the death sprays, it is still exceptionally unpleasant! Gravish manages to resist the spray from making his condition worse.

Even before Dalmir can move into position to strike at another zombie, he is sprayed as well from Tatyana's kill. Luckily, when he kills his zombie with a vicious swipe, he is far enough away to avoid the explosion of gore and disease.

To the south, a zombie is about to bite the elven woman, but Akeline's magical unerring missiles slam into the zombie, causing it to stumble and miss. However, the male elf is not so lucky. He goes down beneath the two zombies that tore into his body.

Beorn swings at a zombie, but misses completely, and that zombie claws some flesh from the human villager.

The human female villager at the south is still up, but her arms are bloody from the abuse. The half-orc nearby tries to grab a zombie but fails.

The Halfling runs to the temple doors and opens it, while the zombie chases her. She is almost home free...she hopes!

Gravish failed one of the two fort saves vs plague explosion.

(Con damage) [roll0]
(Wis damage) [roll1]

Dalmir needs to make a fort save DC11 or suffer 1d6 Con and Wis damage.

http://i67.tinypic.com/jqnfhc.png

ManWithDoor
2017-06-18, 08:03 PM
Dalmir shakes off the sudden burst of diseases nastiness that he feels surrounded by, it only fueling his anger at the situation. He feels as though this sentiment isn't necessarily coming purely from him, but as though the souls of his ancestors are rising against the undead en masse. He swiftly moves around the swarming monsters, continuing his rampage.

Got a 19 on my Fort Save, so resisted the disease. Move: SW/S/S. Power Attack/Vital Strike Z7.
PA/VT: [roll0]

Maquise
2017-06-18, 10:22 PM
The rancid gore covering her does not at this point deter her, Tatyana overcome by rage. Seeing the male elf go down, she moves quickly, half-cape fluttering off of her shoulders, and heads south by southeast. Bypassing the wounded zombie, she hopes the she-elf will have time to escape; striking that zombie at the moment would risk contaminating another innocent. Instead, she strikes at the one that is still preoccupied by the fallen elf.

Move 1 Square East of Villager 2.
Attack Z9:
To Hit: [roll0]

If Z9 Pops, spend one Charmed Life
Fortitude Save: [roll2]

stack
2017-06-19, 11:14 AM
Beorn curses and swings again.attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Then he gives a shout in the celestial tongue, directing the leopard toward the zombie assaulting the half-orc villager.
XP 600
N Medium animal
hp 25 (3d8+12)
Space 5 ft.Reach 5 ft.

charge + pounce vs zombie (cant see number)

leopard pounce
bite att [roll2] Damage [roll3]Grab [roll4]
Claw 1 att [roll5] Damage [roll6]
Claw 2 att [roll7] Damage [roll8]
Rake att [roll9] Damage [roll10]

-2 AC from charge

beorn
fort [roll11]
con [roll12]
will[roll13]

leopard
fort [roll14]
con [roll15]
will[roll16]

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-20, 02:24 PM
Condition None
1st: 6/8
2nd: 6/7
3rd: 3/4

Akeline continues her assault on the zombies.

I didn't want to keep you all waiting.

Magic Missile, same zombies as before, counter clockwise around the elves.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Frosty
2017-06-21, 10:29 AM
Between all of the vicious blows and heroic efforts, all but one of the zombies has been taken care of. The halfling reaches some clerics and guards who make short work of the zombie chasing her, and a sniper ends the last zombie next to Beorn. The half orc, human woman, and elf woman are all splattered in zombie bits. Both of the women are also bitten. They all stumble around, weakened. The heroes are not unscathed either. the zombie managed to claw Beorn before it was put down (and explodes onto Beorn). Dalmir avoids the gore thanksnto his superior reach, and Tatyana is bathed in more gore but it doesn't get any worse as she is already infected. At least she's already in a fountain.

Gravish just stands there, shaking as he stares at the zombie remains of his wife. Everyone is kind of in a daze.

stack
2017-06-21, 11:08 AM
Beorn conjures some water to rinse himself off, then continues to do the same for others, assessing their condition as he does so. "Mere raiders do not leave the undead in their wake. Something more is going on here."

Maquise
2017-06-21, 11:39 AM
As the fighting stops, Tatyana's body shakes. Standing in the fountain, she suddenly heaves, dropping her sword to clutch her stomach. Doubling over, she leans out of the fountain and violently throws up, black bile pouring out of her as tremors shoot up her body. With a trembling hand, she reaches up for a pouch on her shoulder strap, and remove a horn phial. Pulling the stopper out with her teeth, she downs the entire dose of anti-plague, the foul black fluid coating her burning throat. The empty bottle falls from her limp hand. She then slumped over the base of the fountain, as Beorn's water rained down on her like a shower.

Antiplague - Roll Fort twice vs disease, take higher roll.
Fort 1:[roll0]
Fort 2:[roll1]

ManWithDoor
2017-06-22, 01:06 PM
Dalmir has some skill at healing, but he can only do so so many times a day before it exhausts him. Since nobody seems to be in mortal danger (who isn't already dead), he just goes around double-checking all the undead are re-dead again. He prods them with his foot, and if they seem a little lively, he gives them a bit of a whack with the hammer. "Well I didn't see any stereotypical necromancer waving his arms around when this happened, so something bigger is at work here." He shakes his head. "More disturbing that these weren't just random zombies, but a recent funeral. Poor villagers."

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-22, 03:53 PM
Akeline

A mix of fire and panic rushes across Akeline's face as the battle comes to a end, nearly hyperventilating before she manages to bring some calm over herself. Rushing over to the downed Elf, she does what she can to keep him alive. "Pleasedon'tbedead..."

Move over to and cast Stabilize on the elf male. If he's still alive, pull out her CLW wand and use it on him for [roll0].

Requested Religion check: [roll1]

Frosty
2017-06-22, 08:00 PM
The male elf is dead. However, all of the other villagers (except for Gravish, who is one tough dwarf) who were sprayed with zombie guts appear to be coughing.

The dwarf bends down and attempts to put the shredded remains of his zombie wife back into the ground. "She deserves better than this...first the raiders kill her...then THIS indignity. At least she hesitated and didn't attack me..." He is rambling a bit, but something seems off to Akeline and Beorn. They know that zombies are mindless and attack any nearby living thing. Akeline is sure they are mindless, and shouldn't be hesitating at all, husband or not.

stack
2017-06-23, 11:07 AM
[roll0] "We did see those two women leaving town as we came in..."

Frosty
2017-06-24, 12:01 AM
The half-elf guard from earlier is nearby, trying to keep order and get clean-up organized. "What about those two women? They helped us against the raiders. Tried to heal and keep as many of us alive as they could." she says as she directs other guards and some priests of Pharasma.

Maquise
2017-06-27, 12:03 AM
Tatyana slowly drags herself back up, wiping the unpleasantness from her chin. "True, perhaps, but their departure was rather ill-timed. In the meantime, we should help treat the sick and injured..." With that, she heaves again.

ManWithDoor
2017-06-27, 11:36 AM
"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it too." Dalmir goes around with his healing hands, willing to help. "I'm no undead scholar, but any necromancy I've ever seen was in the moment, not delayed by an hour. If they're that powerful, I hope to never see them again. So honestly, I'm more worried about there being some sort of regional thing, or necromantic disease, or something."

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-27, 10:32 PM
Akeline

The psuedo-priestess curses under her breath at the realization that there was no saving the poor man. Reaching over to close his eyes and shift him into a more neutral pose, she says a small prayer to Pharasma and moves on. "The lady with the burned hand and her partner? I'm relieved to hear that her wounds did naught to keep her from aiding against the undead."

"Undead aren't typically intelligent enough to be able to hesitate, either, so this is doubly peculiar. Maybe this isn't as simple a necromancy as it may look?" As she speaks, she makes her way over to Tatyana and places one hand between the woman's shoulder blades while using the other to collect up her hair and keep it out of her face. "It'll be okay, get it out and we'll take you to a healer when it's all gone."

Maquise
2017-06-27, 10:54 PM
Tatyana coughs and heaves a bit more, spitting up more foul substance as the holy woman tends to her needs. Looking up as she wipes the slime from her chin, she smiles weakly. "Thanks, love. Not me at my most sexy, is it?" Taking the other woman by the hand, she stands on shaky legs, leaning against Akeline. "Should be alright, just a bit weak is all."

Frosty
2017-06-28, 01:07 AM
The guard shrugs, "What else could it be? Corpses climb out of the ground and start attacking people. It's necromancy. I just wish we knew who is controlling them. Perhaps one of the mourners is actually a necromancer in disguise?"

Gravish Goldhammer has a fist so tightly gripped that it is becoming white. "I...I can't let this stop me. If I do then they win. This caravan is my wife's family business. I...I've got to carry on. Got more critical supplies to deliver to other villages as well. But it's getting harder to find willing guards..."

stack
2017-06-28, 11:11 AM
Beorn looks back toward the woods. "Whatever it was, I wager that our best chance to find out more is tracking the attackers."

ManWithDoor
2017-06-30, 07:33 PM
"Well, then we've got some thinking to do, as to why these undead are different from the usual morons that amble about." He then walks towards Gravish. "Howdy. Name's Dalmir, warpriest of this group. You mentioned you're running a caravan out of town? We'd like to hire on as guards. A paycheck wouldn't be unwanted, but mainly we're going to travel around the surrounding villages, seeing what other trouble might be about, and maybe assault some raiders ourselves. Interested in some competent guards?"

Ilorin Lorati
2017-07-02, 09:10 PM
Akeline

"Worry not, even whilst sick your radiance shines though, though you should take a breath and not strain yourself." Akeline gingerly guides the sick woman over to a place away from the corpses, doing her best to offer the swashbuckler a smile of her own even though the woman's condition does still obviously weigh on her. "Sit down and rest your legs a minute until we can move. Does this town have an apothecary? And don't go hiring us out until everyone agrees to it!"

Sorry for the delay. Frosty already knew, but I have a family member in the hospital so I'm a little distracted.

Maquise
2017-07-02, 09:14 PM
"Hold a moment, there," Tatyana says, calling out to the warpriest. "We should decide our next move."

Allowing Akeline to support her, she called the others to a huddle, saying, "I know Gravish needs our help, and I would love to help him too, but if we do we may lose our chance to track down the attackers. We should weigh our options carefully."

stack
2017-07-03, 10:50 AM
Beorn tosses his 2 copper in, "Tracking them allows us to depart immediately; since they previously have not been tracked, they should feel secure, maybe get sloppy. We can always try to counter ambush them in a caravan if that fails."

Maquise
2017-07-04, 03:38 PM
Tatyana nods. "That certainly sounds like a good idea, provided we can convince Gravish to withhold dispatching his caravan until we can be sure it is safe, or at least until we can provide escort." She clutches her stomach. "Anyone know of a good healer nearby?"

stack
2017-07-05, 06:13 PM
Beorn inspects Tatyana. "May be able to help..."lesser restoration targeting CON [roll0]

cast again [roll1]

Frosty
2017-07-07, 01:15 AM
The half-elf guard points to the temple of Pharasma. "You can find healers there for sure. Since you helped contain the undead menace, I'm sure they'll be happy to heal you of any disease free of charge this time."

Gravish starts gathering his things. "I shall likely be in town for a few days, hiring new guards and settling other affairs. If you are willing, I would be *eager* to help act as...bait...to catch these evil raiders. You can find me at the Crazy Alchemist inn until I leave. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck in tracking down the bastards."

Maquise
2017-07-07, 11:52 AM
"'Bait' is a rather unflattering term, Gravish. Though I suppose that it is the most accurate one, true... Ah, thank you, Beorn with the magic hands! That feels much better, though I should probably get checked out by a healer nonetheless. Akeline, if you would be a sweet and help me to the temple, we'll catch up with the menfolk as soon as we can."

Beorn heals 3/6 CON damage to Tatyana. I do not believe that helps with her WIS damage?

ManWithDoor
2017-07-07, 06:24 PM
"Well, Gravish, unless anybody else starts getting uppity about us going to kill some bastard raiders," he rolls his eyes, "looks like we would be interested in your proposal. Or, at least, me and my hammer would. So there's that at least. You go get your caravan ready, we'll worry about making sure everyone is healed up and the like." He pats the man on the back, as he heads off to take care of his business. Afterwards, he gathers back with the group.

"Got to strike while the iron is hot. He wants to head out on a caravan practically destined for ambush, we need to be there. The town guard can worry about keeping the townsfolk safe inside, imperfect as they are. We can concentrate on healing up, and getting ready for what we're going to do to those raiders once we catch them."

stack
2017-07-09, 12:36 PM
"He said he leaves in a few days. We can track them now and come back if that doesn't work, still have time to go with him." Beorn shakes his head and heads back to the trail he found earlier.

Frosty
2017-07-12, 04:43 PM
Beorn manages to find some faint tracks after another half hour of careful searching. Something is making the footsteps of these raiders very very light. He believes he can follow this, but he will be moving slower even compared to tracking normal tracks.

The group can only move at 1/4 speed when following these tracks

Ilorin Lorati
2017-07-12, 07:51 PM
Akeline

The white-robed woman shifts her weight next to Tatyana, helping her back fully onto her feet before she ever responds to the request. "Happily, my friend. Mmm. Temple... temple..." The woman looks around a moment, seeming to forget where she was before a light of recognition, then mild embarrassment spreads across her face. "The one we're out front of, of course!"

As she begins to guide the woman into the building, Akelike makes one last visual sweep of the area to make sure there's nothing to catch her curiosity.

Take 10 for 16 if it's even relevant.

stack
2017-07-13, 11:12 AM
"This should do. Be slow going, but faster than waiting on the caravan." Beorn proceed to follow (since everyone should be caught up by now).

Frosty
2017-07-15, 11:35 PM
Assuming no further objections, the group follows the tracks, which lead deeper into the forest. After about two hours, Beorn sees something ahead through the trees. From a distance it looks like a menhir of some sort in a clearing.

Maquise
2017-07-16, 01:24 PM
After getting back to full health, Tatyana meets back up with her team. She looks upon the monolith, puzzled. "Any idea what it is?"

stack
2017-07-17, 11:10 AM
Beorn pauses, holding up a hand to halt the others, and studies the menhir from a distance for a moment. know nature [roll0]
know religion [roll1]

Will cast sift to get a better look if he doesn't know anthing

ManWithDoor
2017-07-17, 04:38 PM
Dalmir looks blankly at the clearing. "Well, it's an upright stone. You know, for ... rituals? Stone worship? Who knows why religious people do anything."

Frosty
2017-07-19, 01:49 AM
Beorn knows that this definitely isn't a natural stone formation or anything. It was erected by outside forces. There is often great religious significance connected to these sites, although that is not always the case. Given the effort that it takes to put up such stone monuments, people wouldn't do it for trivial matters. Boern isn't sure, but he thinks he sees some writing carved into the menhir. He can't read it from this distance however.

stack
2017-07-19, 11:06 AM
Beorn gets a bit closer and mutters an incantation. sift (make perception check at -5, no range penalty, 30 ft range targeting 10 ft cube)

using it mainly to try to read the writing without getting closer

perception take 10 for 18

Frosty
2017-07-20, 01:03 PM
Boern can't make out everything of all the details, but he is sure that the menhir has many, many named carved into it. There also appears to be several places where offerings might be left.

stack
2017-07-21, 11:11 AM
Beorn shrugs. "Has names carved on it; probably related to people leaving sacrifices. Lets skirt around and see if anyone else is watching it."

Maquise
2017-07-23, 10:46 PM
Nodding, Tatyana says, "If sacrifices are involved, there's probably something dangerous in the area, though it may not be involved with what happened at the village. Regardless, I'd rather not provoke anything we don't have to."

Stealth: [roll0]

stack
2017-07-24, 11:09 AM
Beorn gives her a puzzled look. "Offerings are made to many gods and powers, nothing sinister is inherently implied." He hangs back as others sneak, knowing his own large frame and heavy footfalls will only hinder them. -3, so even taking 10 is 7.

ManWithDoor
2017-07-26, 01:27 AM
Dalmir rolls his eyes at the idea of being stealthy. He's covered in clinking, metal armor, and swinging around a giant polearm. If anything fails to see or hear him, it's not a threat. He stays at the edge of the clearing, letting the others do the scouting.

Frosty
2017-07-26, 08:18 PM
Beorn and Tatyana sneak as best they could, and do not see anyone else nearby. Once close to the menhir, the list of names can be accurately read. There are many, many names, of all sorts. Male and female. All sorts of species. The names do not look freshly carved. Several rotted plants that may have been flowers of some sort have been placed at the offering spots, but it must've been a while ago, given the state of decay. At the top of the menhir, a phrase is carved. It says: Battle of Emmerich Bridge.

If one had to guess, this appears to be some sort of memorial, albeit not one that is well taken-care of.

There appears to an indentation where a jewel or some sort could've been placed. It is now empty.
There is a second indentation, with a jewel still in it. This was covered with dirt and near the base of the menhir, and easily missed.

stack
2017-07-27, 11:08 AM
[roll0] should workBeorn leans toward the menhir, looking more carefully. He pauses and points, "Here, looks like a socket for a jewel...probably similar to this one next to it." He brushes off the obscured one. Thinking for a moment, he checks the menhir and especially the remaining jewel for signs of magic. detect magic

Frosty
2017-07-27, 07:39 PM
Beorne detects no magical auras on or near the Menhir.

Maquise
2017-07-27, 11:50 PM
Tatyana approaches, and looks at the stone as well as the sockets. "Hmm. If there's no magic, then these were probably just for decoration. Which means that someone has stolen from this war memorial. Not decent, but not exactly on the top of our priority list, either."

stack
2017-07-28, 11:05 AM
"Agreed. The bandits may just use ti as a convenient landmark. We should proceed." Beorn nods ahead.

ManWithDoor
2017-07-28, 05:07 PM
The warpriest nods in agreement. "Best to keep on moving. I'm not a sentimental man, but even I'm not interested in looting a war memorial." He pauses, thinking it over. "Well, if it was a war memorial of some devil lord, sure. I'd break and loot that kind of monument. But not normally, no."

Frosty
2017-08-04, 02:16 AM
The group moves past the clearing without incident, and Beorn resumes tracking. Another 2 hours pass, and Beorn can see tell from the tracks that the raiding party had slowed down for some reason. At this rate, the party might be able to catch up to the raiders. Of course, slowing down could also mean a raider base, which can be very dangerous. A bit further up ahead, some voices could be heard, but Beorn would need to be closer to hear that is being said. Of course, he could try to wait until night-time, to make sneaking much easier. But who knows what might happen during the wait?

stack
2017-08-04, 11:17 AM
Beorn holds up a hand to pause the group. He speaks quietly, "Voices ahead. Not close enough to make out what they are saying. Anyone sneaky enough to get a bit closer and try to listen?"

Maquise
2017-08-06, 11:55 AM
Tatyana nods. "I can scout ahead," she whispers. "I'm plenty sneaky when I wish to be, and can hold my own if I get into trouble. Pay close attention; if I give a sharp whistle, be ready to come to my aid."

ManWithDoor
2017-08-07, 02:04 PM
The warpriest nods. "I'll stay right here." He hunkers down, to be as small a spot as possible. "You call, I'll run as fast as I can to help."

Maquise
2017-08-09, 02:07 AM
Tatyana creeps forward, sword at the ready, prepared to listen for anything.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Frosty
2017-08-13, 07:35 PM
The woman creeps forward, keeping low. After getting a decent vantage from higher ground, she peaks from behind some bushes, and sees a camp. This is certainly a camp of the slavers, and almost certainly the same raiders that attacked earlier. There are wargs, resting and eating freshly-killed deer. People chained inside of cages. Slavers laughing and drinking. And also a few looking at a map. Tatyana hears parts of a conversation. "...last town...more of a fight...really expected...need more...next town...striking distance...keep slaves here..."

Maquise
2017-08-16, 12:06 AM
Making certain that she is not detected, Tatyana returns to her companions. "We've found the slavers," she says, a predatory look on her face. "It sounds as though they are preparing to depart on another raid in the near future."

stack
2017-08-16, 11:10 AM
Beorn gives a savage smile. "Perhaps we should go introduce ourselves then? In a sudden and violent manner, of course."

ManWithDoor
2017-08-16, 12:24 PM
Dalmir gives a thumbs-up. "I'm in! I'm ... not very stealthy, so all I'm good for is running right in. If others want to sneak around and flank or whatnot, that's their business."

Maquise
2017-08-23, 12:05 AM
Tatyana draws her sword. "I agree, but we should probably come up with a plan. There are many of them, but only three of us. We need an advantage."

stack
2017-08-23, 11:06 AM
"I can summon a helper, then attempt to trip them to make finishing them easier."

ManWithDoor
2017-08-23, 02:22 PM
"Well, how many Raiders did you say there were? Can we take them on by surprise? If there are a lot of them, I believe you mentioned them doing an attack soon? We could raid their Camp while they're away to weaken them, or try to figure out where they're attacking next and team up on the defense. Deprive them of new resources, that sort of thing." Dalmir has fought against long odds frequently in the past. Sometimes out-thinking the enemy is required, when brute strength is insufficient.

Maquise
2017-08-26, 12:18 PM
"Fifteen raiders, plus their beasts," Tatyana says. "Wargs mostly, ugly things. Rather nasty bites, as well. I think our best bet is to wait for their raid to depart, hit their camp, then chase the raid down and catch them in a pincer between us and the defenders."

stack
2017-08-28, 11:21 AM
Beorn scowls, then nods. "I would have rather dealt with them before they could threaten others, but there is nothing for it. They are too many to deal with directly."

ManWithDoor
2017-08-28, 12:36 PM
"I agree with you, Tatyana. Seems our best bet to catch them at a weak point. Do you have any idea how far the nearest village is from here? An hour ride? Less? More? We want to leave enough time for them to be far away from camp before they attack, but not so far that they're on their way back when we attack." The dwarf doesn't look happy about possibly not being able to help defend the village as well, but the enemy are on wargs. They'll travel much faster than the party can.

Maquise
2017-09-06, 11:48 AM
"Barth," Tatyana says. "Two miles east of here. I'm not sure how fast wargs travel, but that should give us a little less than an hour."

ManWithDoor
2017-09-07, 02:20 PM
"Very well. Then after they leave, we wait, what, 10 minutes? Then charge in? Leaves them plenty of time to get far away." The dwarf seems like he's pretty content with the plan.