PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Gnoll and Half-Gnoll: Races of Never-Ending Hunger [PEACH]

bunnynoah
2017-05-31, 03:10 PM
Gnoll

http://orig10.deviantart.net/5450/f/2010/269/2/c/ryssa_by_shani_hyena-d2zj5ja.jpg

They have the same fluff as the Monster Manual and Volo's guide in addition to the following:

You have likely rejected the ways Yeenoghu, and have tried to make a life for yourself outside the pack. You are treated the same if not worse than Half-Orcs and Tieflings in civilization.

Ability Score Modifier. Your Strength is increased by 2, your Constitution and Dexterity increases by 1, and your Intelligence decreases by 2.
Size. A Gnoll stands between 7-8 feet. Your size is Medium.
Speed. You have a base walking speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Filth-Eater's Gullet. A Gnoll has Resistance to Poison and Advantage on Constitution checks against Poison and Disease.
Ripping Jaws. A Gnoll can choose to Bite as an Unarmed Strike. Doing so causes its attack to inflict 1d4 Piercing damage plus your strength modifier.
Rampage. When a Gnoll reduces a creature to 0 hit points on its turn with a melee attack, it can take a bonus action to move up to half its speed and make a bite attack.
Powerful Build: A Gnoll is treated as being one size larger for determining its carrying, pushing and pulling capacities.
Bred For War: A Gnoll has proficiency with two martial weapons of its choice.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Gnoll, and Abyssal.

Half-Gnoll

http://pre05.deviantart.net/7125/th/pre/f/2016/293/1/e/bryjaggh_wallesdottr_by_fenris49-dalidkq.jpg

Half-Gnolls are the children of Gnolls and Humans. They come into this world either by a Gnoll and Human tribe joining forces and mixing their bloodlines, or by a civilized Gnoll falling in love with a Human. Either way,Half-Gnolls are some of the fiercest and cunning warriors on any battlefield.

Half-Gnoll have a very human-like appearance, barring several beastral traits. They are covered in short, wild fur with hyena patterns. They have canine ears and wet noses, along with digitigrade legs and wolfish grins. One may get confused with their large eyes, as it could just as well mean fantastic wonder as it could primal hunger.

Ability Score Modifier. Your Strength, Intelligence, and Wisdom increases by 1.
Size. You are taller than a Human, but shorter than a Gnoll, at 6-7 feet. Your size is Medium.
Speed. You have a base walking speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Filth-Eater's Gullet. A half-gnoll has Resistance to Poison and Advantage on Constitution checks against Poison and Disease.
Ripping Jaws. A half-gnoll can choose to Bite as an Unarmed Strike. Doing so causes its attack to inflict 1d4 Piercing damage plus your strength modifier.
Rampage. When a half-gnoll reduces a creature to 0 hit points on its turn with a melee attack, it can take a bonus action to move up to half its speed and make a bite attack.
Runt's Survival. A half-gnoll gains Proficiency in one skill of its choice.
Keep Up. A half-gnoll has advantage on Constitution saves against exhaustion.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Gnoll.

Sariel Vailo
2017-05-31, 04:41 PM
Why am i so in love with this race idea........hmmmmmm. Maybe i just wanted to be fury without being a dwarf or bite things without scales.either way have you considered a gnoll monk and what would happen.due to bite.

bunnynoah
2017-05-31, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure what you mean... Are you saying the bite move is bad?

Sariel Vailo
2017-05-31, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure what you mean... Are you saying the bite move is bad?

No i just want youre oppinoin it counts as an unarmed atk right if i was a monk doe my bite increase in damge dice i really love it. Im a be a fuzzy hyena person and bite the holiest of ****s out of people

bunnynoah
2017-05-31, 04:58 PM
No i just want youre oppinoin it counts as an unarmed atk right if i was a monk doe my bite increase in damge dice i really love it. Im a be a fuzzy hyena person and bite the holiest of ****s out of people

Ooohh! Okay, gotcha. I'm glad you like it.

lunaticfringe
2017-05-31, 05:01 PM

Yes. It works like Lizardfolk Monk I think is what they were going for. You haven't seen any Bitey Nom Nom Lizardfolk Monk threads?

bunnynoah
2017-05-31, 05:02 PM
Yes. It works like Lizardfolk Monk I think is what they were going for. You haven't seen any Bitey Nom Nom Lizardfolk Monk threads?

I have not, I'm afraid. Are they good?

Sariel Vailo
2017-05-31, 05:02 PM
Yes. It works like Lizardfolk Monk I think is what they were going for. You haven't seen any Bitey Nom Nom Lizardfolk Monk threads? i made one back in the day actually named bitey the lizardfolk monk.i just wanted to verify. That that was the creators actual intent

bunnynoah
2017-05-31, 05:05 PM
i made one back in the day actually named bitey the lizardfolk monk.i just wanted to verify. That that was the creators actual intent

No, no it was not. I made it mostly because of the Half-Gnoll, the normal Gnoll was for comparison.

Sariel Vailo
2017-05-31, 05:07 PM
Bunny you didnt want to increase the bites abilities via monkness.

bunnynoah
2017-05-31, 05:10 PM
Bunny you didnt want to increase the bites abilities via monkness.

I still don't understand...

Sariel Vailo
2017-05-31, 05:13 PM
The bite a gnoll makes is counted as a unarmed atack yes or no.if yes it take the current martial arts atack damage dice as the monks current level dictates.
So if im a level well say 5 monk will my bites do a d6 of damage.

bunnynoah
2017-05-31, 05:18 PM
Oh! I see. Well it is an unarmed strike, so it should count either way, right?

Sariel Vailo
2017-05-31, 05:34 PM
Thank you i can now be a fuzzy horses behind. Or
Ideas sunsoul longdeath openfist kensai and http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?493965-Not-All-Forms-of-Enlightenment-Are-Worth-Following-Monk-Subclass

bunnynoah
2017-05-31, 06:08 PM
Thank you i can now be a fuzzy horses behind. Or
Ideas sunsoul longdeath openfist kensai and http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?493965-Not-All-Forms-of-Enlightenment-Are-Worth-Following-Monk-Subclass

A... Monk subclass focusing on boobs? No thanks, I'm good.