PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Paranoid/socially awkward wizard build ideas?

UnwiseAlistair
2017-06-01, 12:08 AM
I'm in the process of building a utility wizard with charisma as her dump stat. I've decided to interpret this as until recently having literally and figuratively lived in an ivory tower, not liking or trusting anyone besides her summoned critters, until she got involved with the party while out to buy spell components and for some strange reason she doesn't understand (actually kind of liking these strange people she has found herself mixed up with) wanting to continue traveling with them. I'm a human wizard, conjugation, and level 12. Either going with sage or hermit background. I'm looking for some help picking out spells and feats and such, so I have 1 feat From being variant human and 3 ASI/feats. Also 24 spells though I have some that I've already been thinking about.

TL:DR: looking for help picking out spells and feats to properly portray a slightly paranoid, socially awkward wizard. Thank you!

suplee215
2017-06-01, 12:13 AM
Alert and/or Observant are two paranoid feats. Alarm you should be spamming every time you stop to rest.

UnwiseAlistair
2017-06-01, 12:17 AM
Alert and/or Observant are two paranoid feats. Alarm you should be spamming every time you stop to rest.

Thank you! I was looking at alarm but these feats definitely fit my character, thanks for pointing them out!

UnwiseAlistair
2017-06-01, 12:25 AM
Also worth stating, for spells I have in my book so far I have alarm, find familiar, protection from evil/good, invisibility, dispel magic, wall of stone, and true seeing.

suplee215
2017-06-01, 12:29 AM
Leomund's tiny hut of bull**** should be useful. it basically gives you a small safe space.