PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Piece Group 1 - IC part 1

Frosty
2017-06-01, 12:22 AM
Day 1, Noon, Jeninburg town entrance

Everyone had, for one reason or another, visited the capital of Eisenmarke one week ago, and everyone heard the queen's proclamation of reward for activities and information against the slavers the rumored undead. The four of you decided to form a group to tackle this task, and have spent the week's worth of travel time getting to know each other. Even if there is not yet friendship or true trust, the basic foundations are there, enough to at least work as a team. Now, the group reaches the main gates to the small town of Jeninburg, home to about a thousand people. The group hopes to gather information about local threats, and ventures through to search for someone to converse with. However, storefronts, restaurants, and just about everything else seems to be closed or in-manned at the moment. No one is seen walking the streets. From a cursory glance, a foreign visitor would be forgiven for doubting the population estimates. What is going on? Not long after, the group sees a pair of young women walking towards them. The taller individual sports short, orange-red hair and multiple scars across the left half of her face, marring what is otherwise quite the beauty. She wears a sturdy-looking breastplate and sensible pants. A shield is strapped across her back. The shorter woman has long, silky black hair going down to nearly her waist, very light skin, and many tattoos on her body. The blue dress this woman wears seems designed to show off her tattoos, blending aesthetics and function. Both women have weapons, although none are drawn.

Suddenly a bell rings loudly, coming from the direction of the center of town. The two women do not seem concerned about the bell as they are still walking toward the main gates.

https://img.fireden.net/tg/image/1447/26/1447260624341.jpg
http://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/80/95/0yX8Ab.jpg
While the taller woman could be a local, the shorter woman is almost certainly not. She is of Tian ethnicity.
The shorter woman's loose sleeves and tattoos also serve to hide the painful-looking, blackened and burnt hands and forearms.
What appear to be small necklace worn by both women at first glance may actually be a (un)holy symbol. It is too difficult to figure out what deity the symbol is of, at this distance and with only a cursory examination.

Athaleon
2017-06-01, 02:58 AM
Alric rode alongside his companions, on the back of his trusty hippogriff, scanning every window, rooftop, and alley. He wasn't normally so suspicious in town but something about its deserted aspect put him on edge. "Hey, what's goin' on?" he asked the two women as they approached.

Kn (Local): [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2017-06-01, 11:18 AM
Walking beside his comrades, Nixal beside his companion petting his friend on his shoulder, Hexal, a centipede. "You know, if I didn't know better I'd say the town doesn't like visitors.," he says to his allies, then to the new comers, " Now what do you two lasses be doing, why aren't you hiding like the rest of town?"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kvard51
2017-06-02, 05:17 PM
Rei stays as far from the centipede as she can, while still being part of the group. Bugs as pets just seem unnatural... **shudder**

The hippogriff is an interesting creature, though. She kept it between her and the bug while trying to ask as many questions as she could of the new man. Alric, he said his name was.

"What is your mount's name, Alric...? What does he eat...? How did you catch him...? He's a lovely color...? Is he a he...?
A she...?

She cuts off abruptly upon seeing the two women coming down the street. Stepping behind Alric and his hippogriff, she began preparation for a simple spell to make them a little more friendly, if needed.

Zhentarim
2017-06-02, 10:08 PM
Ax, who had been flying 30 feet above the rest of the party, drew to a hover. He pulls into a hover, and screams loudly "Cheliax must have done whatever happened here!"

Spying the two women, Ax growled, "Are you agents of the infernal empire?"

Perception
[roll0]

Frosty
2017-06-03, 03:48 AM
The pair of women start to respond to the greetings with salutations of their own. "May your troubles be temporary, fellow travelers. The rest of town isn't hi...what the?". However, they are interrupted when the strix hovers above and starts shouting at the pair. The shorter woman backs up a bit. "What are you talking about? Agents of the infernal what?"

The taller woman gestures towards the center of town, where suddenly a bell is ringing loudly. "Before I was so rudely interrupted, I was saying that the entire town isn't hiding. Everyone has actually gathered for the funerals. If you wish to pay your respects like we have, you should hurry. Just earlier today, raiders came and performed a blitzkrieg attack. They took many healthy people, including many young women, and killed those that were too sick to make good slaves. Then, they made their escape before the militia could mount a counterattack. Despite our best efforts at healing, dozens lost their lives today. At least they suffer no more...". She eyes betray a flash of hatred as she relays the events.

Starbuck_II
2017-06-03, 10:28 AM
"Slavers, say no more, I know how wicked their kind be. I would love to see to this gathering. " "Hexal would too, wouldn't you cutie, " as he pets his centipede again.

"Do these slavers attack regularly? Or is this an odd duck so to speak?" Nixal says as he takes off his hat and places it on his chest to symbolize his sorry for the deaths.

Athaleon
2017-06-05, 01:43 AM
"What is your mount's name, Alric...? What does he eat...? How did you catch him...? He's a lovely color...? Is he a he...?
A she...?

"Erevus, like the roc from the tale."
"Meat when he can get it, but he'll eat just about anything."
"Raised him from an egg. I reckon an already injured mother guarding a nest fended off some wolves, but died of blood loss after. His egg was the only survivor."
"He sure is, and he's a he."

"Ventilated many a slaver in my time, but new ones keep coming anyways. Guess the money must just be that good," Alric said with obvious contempt. "Anyone know which direction they went? The raid was just hours ago, we can still catch 'em."

Kvard51
2017-06-05, 10:05 AM
Reid steps out from behind the hippogriff with an angry look on her face. Putting her fists on her hips, she takes a stand before the two women. "Slavers?!", she spat, "We must follow them and retrieve everyone we can. Slavers are the worst kind of filth!". Her eyes flash and she gives off an unmistakeable aura of menace. She is, without doubt, disturbed by the idea of slavers.

Zhentarim
2017-06-07, 02:54 PM
The strix continues to hover, now silent. This was not the first time he had jumped to conclusions.

Frosty
2017-06-07, 03:38 PM
The shorter woman with the tattoos respond, "You should ask the guards or the surviving victims at the main square and at the graveyard next to the square. They can paint a clearer picture. I hear they went out the east gate, but I doubt you can catch up easily. Not only do they have a 6 hour head start, but they are also mounted on dire wolves. Nasty things."

Athaleon
2017-06-08, 01:37 AM
Alric nodded, pondering a course of action. "Probably best to hit them at their camp anyways, rather than on the march. Once we have a general direction, tracking them shouldn't be hard, especially with the wolves around. Erevus here can follow a scent as well as any dog, and fly faster than anything I've seen can run. Let's see what the guards have to say about their numbers and tactics."

Starbuck_II
2017-06-08, 07:14 PM
"I think we should pay our respects first, honor the dead and all," Nixal says pondering, "I know it might be a slight delay, but courtesy is its own reward. Then we track down those filthy slavers and kill them to the last man."

Athaleon
2017-06-10, 10:54 PM
"The dead ain't going anywhere. You wanna honor them, bring their kinfolk back," Alric said bluntly.

Zhentarim
2017-06-11, 10:48 PM
"Chelaxians must have burned this place down. They are no good scoundrels. Let's rescue the living."

Frosty
2017-06-13, 02:13 AM
The shorter, Tian woman smiles. "I hope you can catch and punish those wicked slavers. They deserve everything coming to them. Now, we must be off. Come on, Leyna." With that, both women walk off, out of town.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1, shortly after Noon, Jeninburg - main square

The party walks on, and eventually start seeing other people. Many are wearing black in mourning. At the main square of the town, the signs of battle still haven't been completely cleaned up yet. There are still blood stains and some debris, but larger obstruction have been cleared to make way for the funeral procession. There are many, many caskets. Some are open, with people paying their respects. Others are closed and being taken to the nearby graveyard, which is also attached to a temple of Pharasma. People here look wary and tired.

Some people are obvious militia guards, trying to keep order. Some are happy to share details of what they saw. A short, stocky human guard studies the group, and deciding that they aren't troublemakers, gestures to the east. "This time there were at least a dozen men each on dire wolves. They charged in through the east gate, and you'd think this would be easy to track, but somehow once they move into the forest their tracks all but disappear. Maybe it's magic. Of course, we can't spare our most experienced men as we desperately need them for defense right now, but just for ONCE I'd love to have a fight on our terms."

The half-elf guard nearby points to a few wagons. "I still say we should try to spare enough men to stage an ambush. We know the raiders also like hitting traders and merchants. A caravan would be a perfect lure, if we can spare the men. Gravish Goldhammer over there just lost his family to these raiders. I think he might be willing to cooperate."

The human guard gets a bit angry and slams his fist at a nearby wall. "I'm sure it's those Brek bastards! Those orcs are KNOWN to tame dire wolves for pets and mounts! If only we didn't have a GUTLESS monarch who refuses to send the army to punish those responsible..."

Athaleon
2017-06-13, 02:47 AM
"An army raised from city folk would eat you out of house and home. Plus they move slow and make a lot of noise; the slavers would evade them easily. All that's why the Queen's hiring irregulars for this. Gotta say I never tried tracking anyone who was covering it up with magic, though. Who was it who tried tracking them?"

Zhentarim
2017-06-14, 11:31 AM
"I hate slavers. I will give each of you extract of haste and fly over the forests so I can bomb those bastards!"

Starbuck_II
2017-06-15, 10:05 PM
"So who said they were good trackers? I'm okay, but anyone really good should try first. Well, magic can prevent tracks being found, but I know that spell as well, but that'd mean evil Druids helping the slavers. I didn't prepare the right spells for tracking, but we can make do I'm sure." Nixal says.

I know Pass without trace prevents mundane means, but what magical means does one use?
Tracking Mark requires marking target first. I am unsure.

Kvard51
2017-06-16, 11:30 AM
"Certainly there is someone in this city who can track these slavers. Surely you can tell us who the best tracker in town is so we can seek his help?", Rei smiles at the guard. "I know you men are overworked right now, but those who have been taken need us."

[roll0] Diplomacy to improve the guard's reaction to Rei.

Frosty
2017-06-17, 03:51 AM
The half-elf guard sighs. "See, the best tracker we had was a part-timer. She volunteered to help the militia sometimes. She was also the wife of Gravish. Most importantly, she was one of those killed during the slaver raid. Look, you wan know where they might go? Have you tried capturing one of the slavers and making him talk?"

Athaleon
2017-06-17, 10:44 AM
"To capture one of the slavers we'd have to track them down first, no? So unless we can track them in spite of their magic, the best option is still to lure them to us."

Starbuck_II
2017-06-18, 11:03 AM
. "We would need bait or an ambush. What do we do walk around the forest till we run into one?" Nixal said pondering

Zhentarim
2017-06-19, 09:39 PM
The strix, still hovering in the air, says, "We need to avenge these people now. Do any of you know of a good way to lure those bastards in?"

Starbuck_II
2017-06-20, 10:11 AM
"If you give me a day to change my spells, I could try asking the bugs and animals if any of them seen anything. But that would be letting the slavers an extra day to run." Nixal exclaimed.

Kvard51
2017-06-21, 02:17 PM
Looking around nd spotting a dwarven merchant in obvious distress, Rei approaches him. "Sir dwarf, we come to help. Can you tell me what was taken from you? It will help us to locate the slavers if we know what they seek."

If the dwarf is too distraught to talk, Rei will cast Charm Person on him (DC 21) in order to calm him down and offer comfort.

Frosty
2017-06-21, 06:51 PM
Gravish Goldhammer is silent for a few moments as he stares at the coffin being lowered into the ground. "What was taken from me was my family. My son and wife are now in the halls of the ancestors, but I am left alone to walk on this mortal coil." It is beginning to rain, but the dwarf doesn't flinch. "Those filthy raiders seek wealth of course, in whatever form they can get. Those cowards came, took the healthy and the beautiful to sell, and killed those too sick with disease to be of worth. They tried plundering my wagon as well, but my guards were able to repel them successfully."

Gravish has the sound of someone who is trying to bury his emotions as to not feel the pain right now.

Athaleon
2017-06-23, 03:11 AM
"Slavers are greedy, I coulda told you that. I think I did, not too long ago. So like I keep saying, lure them to us. What do you say we borrow a wagon and pretend like we're trying to flee with our worldly possessions? Erevus could ride in the wagon under a blanket if we don't want him to give us away."

Kvard51
2017-06-28, 10:44 AM
"Thank you, friend dwarf. We are sorry for your loss."

Rei turns back to the group, a serious look on her face. "Perhaps we can set up a honey pot the slavers won't be able to resist. We borrow a cart and mule here in town. We pack the cart so it looks like I am hauling valuable wares, but they will be empty crates and barrels of water. I will drive it out of the Jeninburg gates. The rest of you will follow discreetly. When they fall upon me, you will fall upon them.

Thoughts?"

Athaleon
2017-06-29, 01:19 AM
"Thank you, friend dwarf. We are sorry for your loss."

Rei turns back to the group, a serious look on her face. "Perhaps we can set up a honey pot the slavers won't be able to resist. We borrow a cart and mule here in town. We pack the cart so it looks like I am hauling valuable wares, but they will be empty crates and barrels of water. I will drive it out of the Jeninburg gates. The rest of you will follow discreetly. When they fall upon me, you will fall upon them.

Thoughts?"

"Lot of risk to try it alone. But if you're willing to try it, we might as well go for it," Alric shrugged.

Frosty
2017-07-02, 03:06 AM
The dwarf merchant has a determined look on his face. "If you want, perhaps we can help each other. I want those slavers to be found and then HUNG until dead! Tonight, I'll spread the word that I'll be transportation very valuable medical supplies despite the "fact" that some of my guards have been scared off. Perhaps the raiders will find an undermanned caravan too valuable, Maybe you can hide inside some of the crates?"

Everyone please roll perception

Starbuck_II
2017-07-02, 10:12 AM
Nixal replies, "I'm willing to try this plan, sure." While he knew it was risky, he figured it was a decent plan that had a chance of working.

Perception:[roll0]

Athaleon
2017-07-03, 01:17 AM
"Let's do it. The sharp-eyed or well-protected can be the drivers. Should Erevus be under a tarp in the wagon, or should we follow at a distance and move up once the fighting starts?"

Kvard51
2017-07-06, 12:27 AM
I see no reason you can't be in the wagon, as long as you can be hidden. The sooner we start, the sooner we can rescue those taken.

Frosty
2017-07-07, 01:07 AM
Before Gravish can respond, Nixal hears something strange. It sounds like shifting of dirt and digging. Before he can shout out a warning to the others, coffins and burial mounds alike burst apart as a dozen reanimated corpses spring forth! Nixal is prepared enough to do something the moment the corpses appear, but the others take a moment to realize what's going on. Luckily for everyone involved, the dead are rather slow. Slow, but probably hostile, judging from their snarls! The one in front of Gravish appears to be a corpse of a female dwarf.

https://i.imgur.com/XaRnL5I.jpg
Combat time! The party won initiative, and will act before the undead. Nixal gets an extra action before the party's first round because he gets to act in the surprise round! I'm using block initiative, so whomever posts first gets to go first within your bloc. Everyone can roll 2 knowledge (religions) rolls to try to ID the creatures.

Athaleon
2017-07-07, 02:17 AM
Alric had fought the undead often enough that their horrific appearance no longer fazed him, but he was still unnerved to see them appear from so close by. He stepped back from the nearest zombie to pepper it with arrows, sparing just enough time to shout, "Erevus, protect them!" and motion to the villagers behind him.

Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]
Knowledge (Religion): [roll1]

Alric will take a 5' step north and full attack Z1. If it goes down with one or two shots, he will put the rest into the female dwarf zombie.
Attacks include Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, and Favored Enemy (+2) bonus.

First Iterative: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] Piercing

Rapid Shot: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Second Iterative: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Erevus will move up to attack Z2:

Bite: [roll8] (assuming the icon indicates it's still prone)
Damage: [roll9] Bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing

Erevus has Combat Reflexes and Bodyguard so he can Aid Another to boost adjacent allies' AC as an attack of opportunity, up to 5 times per round.

Starbuck_II
2017-07-08, 12:19 AM
Nixal yelps, "What the, by Pharasma's hair, what are those?! Get them Hexal!"
Hexal leaps off Nixal's shoulder turning to medium size as it lands adjacent to Nixal and bites Z-8. Nixal waves his hands starting a summon a Eagle beside him then finishes as he draws his weapon. He orders the eagle (flying) to attack Z-9.

[roll0]
[roll1]
The one knowledge I didn't put a rank in, heh.
Nixal starts part of the 1 round casting in surprise then finishes on turn leaving a move action to draw falchion. He sacrifices Goodberry to cast the SNA 1. Instead of Augment Summon the feat Versatile lets me add Chthonic so each attack adds 1 acid damage.

Hexal's bite:Hit [roll2] Damage[roll3]

Eagle's talon:[roll4] Damage:[roll5] +1 acid damage.

Zhentarim
2017-07-08, 05:49 PM
Ax silently looks towards the enemy, and flies directly overhead, the wind blowing in his ears.

Kvard51
2017-07-09, 08:51 PM
One moment of surprise is all Rei allows herself. I have to prove to these men that I belong in this company!, she thinks to her self as she starts chanting arcane words.

Rei steps back as she completes the spell, projecting her voice over the fray, "WOMAN, PROTECT YOUR HUSBAND!" As she shouts this to Gravish's very dead wife, she turns to survey the field, looking for the biggest threat.

5' Step straight up towards the fountain while casting Command Undead on Gravish's wife. No save for mindless undead.

[roll0] Know Religion to identify what kind of undead just appeared.

Frosty
2017-07-13, 12:29 AM
All but one of these creatures are zombies of *some* sort.
One of the creatures is a Ghast

Alric the ranger is very on-point with his arrows! The first zombie he targets almost goes down from just the first arrow, but the tough skin of the zombie stops some of the force. It takes the second arrow hitting before it re-croaks. As it collapses, its body puffs up and EXPLODES in gore! The half-orc villager is covered with it and starts coughing loudly. Alric's third arrow hits the dwarf zombie, presumably Gravish's wife, and the zombie is still barely standing. The griffin Erevus moves north and successfully bites at it, but the zombie still goes strong.

Hexal moves to the nearby zombie before the zombie has a chance to react, and deftly bites a nasty chunk out of the zombie leg! Disgusting drumstick indeed. However, the eagle that Nixal just finishes summoning gets a whiff of the rotting flesh and misses in disorientation.

The Strix, Ax Aero, flies up smoothly, getting a better view of the battlefield.

Rei, wanting to keep Gravish safe, commands the dwarf zombie next to him to protect Gravish instead of attacking him. The zombie stands still for a second before resuming its movement. It didn't appear to work.

The dwarf zombie then looks for the nearest living thing to eat, and in mid-lunge at Gravish, suddenly hesitates and ceases its attack.
Rei doesn't expect mindless undead to be able to resist. Zombies should be mindless, as far as Rei has heard. What's more, the zombie successfully resisted the spell, and then later, on its own, hesitated attacking its husband. This is not typical mindless behavior.

Another zombie bites an elf villager, causing him great pain and also causing him to cough violently. The female elf villager next to him falls to the combined attacks of 2 zombies.

The ghast charges at a human villager (villager 4). The stench alone weakens the man, and the bite actually causes the man's muscles to become rigid and unmoving!

The zombie that the eagle tried to scratch retaliates in kind, almost killing the eagle in one attack!

Another Zombie tries to bite Rei, but the kitsune deftly dodges out of the way.

Gravish, distracted by his zombie wife, gets bitten by another from behind (6 damage)! He shouts in pain, but doesn't cough violently like the others.

The Halfling is surrounded by 2 zombies, but miraculously dodges all of their attacks! She then opens the door to the adjacent structure and tries to hide inside.

Two human villagers runs screaming from the scene, trying to get help.

The elf villager just tries to make himself harder to hit after taking a step back.

https://i.imgur.com/UbeGXBo.jpg

Athaleon
2017-07-14, 12:51 PM
Alric whirled around to shoot at the ghast that had just felled one of the villagers, relying on Erevus to cover his back.

Full attacking, shooting at G1 first. If it goes down, he will put remaining shots into Z4 and Z3 (5' step if necessary).

First Iterative: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Piercing

Rapid Shot: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Second Iterative: [roll4]

Erevus will continue attacking Z2:

Bite: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] B, P, & S

Claw: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] B & S

Claw: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11] B & S

Starbuck_II
2017-07-14, 07:36 PM
Nixal is glad the zombie was distracted by his summon. "Hexal finish that thing off, hawk just keep fighing. Now to bring the heat! Pharasma's blood burn these things!"

Nixal casts Flaming Sphere on G1 target (if dead already, Z9 is target). DC 17 Reflex Negate. [roll0] Fire

Hexal attacks: [roll1] [roll2]

Eagle [roll3] Damage:[roll4] +1 acid damage.

Kvard51
2017-07-18, 09:32 AM
Stepping up beside the villager, Rei raises her hand and points at the creature, firing a Scorching Ray out of her palm in it's direction.

Scorching Ray ranged Touch attack: [roll0]
for [roll1] Fire damage to the zombie between the villager and Gravish.

Frosty
2017-07-19, 08:59 PM
Alric continues to be on point with his arrows. His first two arrows drop the ghast before it can eat the paralyzed villager, and his last one puts the HURT on another. His griffon tears apart the zombie in front of him with relish.

Nixal steps away from the zombie that Hexal is biting, and concentates on creating a great ball of fire. The ball rolls into the zombie who is clawing at the eagle, and the zombie now has 3rd degree burns! Hexal bires a zombie, but doesn't do much, while the eagle's talons scratch at the zombie ineffectually.

Rei hops up deftly onto the fontain, wetting her shows as she forms a ray of focused flame at her fingertip. It shoots straight towards the zombie trying to eat the half-orc villager, leaving HUGE chunks of its body missing as the beam was strong enough to go straight through the zombie. However, it is still up.

Lastly, Ax chucks a bomb downward, and it explodes on the head of a zombie nearby. It reels before it jumps up and tries to swipe at the alchemist. Of course, Ax is way too high up to be hit.

The zombie up north tears out the throat of the male elf villager. Another zombie tries to eat Hexa, but Hexal is too fast to be caught! The other zombie however gets a free KFC meal as the bird is eaten successfully. The zombie is then sad as the summoned creature disappears from its stomach. The half-orc somehow manages to grab the adjacent zombie's wrist as it tries to rake him to death.

The dwarf zombie ignores Gravish for now, but moves up and tears off an arm from the half-orc, killing him. The zombie that Rei burned turns around, and surge forward towards her! It sclaw scratches deep, and the kitsune can feel some sort of nasty agent entering her.
Rei takes 6 damage. Make a DC11 Fort save or contract a disease and immediately take
Con damage: [roll0]
Wis damage: [roll1]

Gravish manages to fend off another zombie that tries to bite him from behind. He finds a shovel nearby and prepares to defend himself.

The Halfling villager closes the door RIGHT before a zombie slams into it. For now, she succeeds to holding the door shut.

The paralyzed human remains paralyzed. Two villagers manage to make it out of the graveyard to find help.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2e1x2z8.png

Athaleon
2017-07-20, 02:35 AM
Alric clenched his teeth in frustration as villagers fell all around him, in spite of the steady hail of arrows he was burying in the zombies. Nothing he could do about it, but to keep shooting and praying. Meanwhile Erevus continued faithfully tearing into the zombies behind Alric.

Full attacking, shooting at Dwarf Z, Z5, and Z8 in that order.

Erevus will 5' step to the northeast and full attack Z3.

Bite: [roll6]

Claw: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] B & S

Starbuck_II
2017-07-21, 10:35 AM
"Darn, controlling the onslaught seems to be the issue, sure we can kill them, but the villagers pay while we try."
Nixal says as he 5 ft steps below Z-8 and slashes it with his Falchion.
"Hexal, I know you hate to mutate in public, but we need the support. Mutate and attack Z-4 and Z-3"

Hexal shrinks then mutates into a swarm of centipedes. Then scurries where the villagers bodies was to attack Z-4 and Z-3

Move action to make Flaming Sphere attack Z-9, then Standard to attack with Falchion.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Flaming Sphere: [roll2] fire, DC 17 Reflex Negate.

Hexal free action shrink, Standard mutate, then move between Z-4 and Z-3, deals 2d6 swarm damage, no attk roll needed, [roll3]

Kvard51
2017-07-25, 09:20 AM
Another step back, another ray of fiery death. Rei screams above the tumult, "Protect the villagers!"

Scorching Ray at the same Zombie.

Ranged Touch Attack [roll0] for [roll1] fire damage.

Frosty
2017-07-28, 01:18 AM
Alric continues his spree of not missing, and downs two of the 3 zombies he targeted. Erevus only lands one claw attack, but it does take out chunks of the zombie's stomach. Alas, not enough to take it down. The zombie retaliates in turn, but the hippogriff dodges deftly. The other nearby zombie, who finished tearing out the throat of the female elf villager, now rushes for Erevus. Its attack is so clumsy it almost falls on its face! (Erevus gets an AoO vs Z4)

Nixal's great ball of fire rolls steadily towards the slow zombie, but just by pure luck, the zombie surges forward at the same time and the ball misses! That zombie manages to get a claw through a chink in the druid's stone plate, and lands a DEEP scratch! (Nixal takes 8 damage. Make DC11 Fort save or take [roll0] Con damage and [roll1] Wis damage) However, his falchion beheads the other adjacent zombie. Hexal multiplies into a swarm, and launches themselves towards a zombie, getting some bites in. (If Erevus deals 5 or more damage to the Z4 with his AoO, it is destroyed and Hexal will instead go attack Z3. Either way, Z4 is down.)

Rey shoots another ray of flame from her outstretched hand after taking a step back, and this time the offending zombie is completely burnt up!

Gravish swings the shovel HARD onto the head of the zombie next to him. "DIE, YOU UNDEAD ABOMINATIONS! YOU DESECRATED MY WIFE'S CORPSE!" The blow normally would be quite solid, but the zombie's tough skin prevents most of it. The zombie swipes back in return, but the dwarf blocks the claw with the haft of his shovel.

Ax Aero tosses another bomb down, and burns a zombie below. The last zombie keeps on pounding at the door of the structure, trying to get to the hafling within. The door won't hold much longer!

The paralyzed human is definitely looking a bit sick.

http://i67.tinypic.com/n6ykyb.png

Athaleon
2017-07-28, 02:18 AM
"What do you think we're doing?" Alric growled in response as he kept up the barrage, the cold fury building with each villager that was felled. He didn't need to look behind him to know that Erevus was holding his own.

5' step southeast, full attacking Z7 to hopefully put it down before it breaks through the door. Shooting "through" Rei's square but Alric has Improved Precise Shot.

Edit: I totally forgot about his campaign trait that gives him +1 to attack rolls vs Undead. Not that it's come up so far (he hasn't missed yet) but it might make the difference on that last shot.

Erevus will take his attack of opportunity on Z4, then continue to full attack Z3.

AoO (Bite): [roll6]

Full Attack:

Bite: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] B, P, & S

Claw: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] B & S

Starbuck_II
2017-07-30, 09:36 AM
"Ouchh, that hurt. Get back you demon spawn." Nixal says as he swings his falchion into the zombie. He mental commands the fireball to roll at Z-6. Hexal attacks Z-3.

[roll0] Damage:[roll1]
[roll2] DC 17 Reflex Negate
Hexal's Swarm Damage: [roll3]

Kvard51
2017-08-04, 09:37 AM
Seeing nothing close, Rei runs back to the gate in front of the fountain, turns and fires another fiery ray at the creature beating on the door.

Full movement back to just inside the lower gate post.

Scorching Ray Ranged Attack [roll0] for [roll1] fire damage

Frosty
2017-08-10, 02:31 AM
With the flurry of attacks from the team, and thankfully from crossbows fired from the town guard, the zombies are all taken down before further casualties are inflicted. One of the two surviving villagers is still covered in zombie and ghast bits. Luckily, he at least recovers from the paralysis...only to immediately devolve into violent coughing!

The guards arrive, and begin to restore order and to direct the local clerics to help prevent this incident from becoming an uncontrolled outbreak of disease. One of the guards asks, "Did any of you see what happened? Did you perhaps see some sort of necromancer?"

Starbuck_II
2017-08-11, 08:47 AM
Hexal returns to a single house centipede and returns to Nixal's shoulder. "Glad that is over, wow, it feels like a blur, no, there was no sight of necromancer, just lots of undead I think," , "What about you guys, did you see anything?"

Athaleon
2017-08-14, 01:55 AM
"No sign of one that I could see," Alric replied, and the thought just made him even angrier. "Were there any other outbreaks in the town?" he asked. As the town's clerics arrived, he gave Erevus a grateful pat on the head and mounted up in case there was trouble elsewhere.

Kvard51
2017-08-18, 02:23 PM
Seeing the battle is finished inside the walls, Rei turns and begins scouring the area outside the gate. Hearing the guard's question, she says tartly, "I saw nothing more than anyone else, inside the walls.
Perhaps our time would be well spent searching OUTSIDE"

[roll0] to do a visual search of everything she can see outside the gate.

Frosty
2017-08-26, 02:17 AM
Ok, work finally calmed down. Sorry about this.

Rei sees only stillness outside the gate. No undead appears to have escaped, and no necromancer appears to be hiding and gleefully laughing. At least that she can see.

The guard looks troubled. "Well, this town hasn't had any outbreaks yet, but I've heard other towns reporting a rise in undead activity, and even people gone missing! In fact, from what merchants have been saying, the poorer, more desperate communities seem to have it the worst. You all seem competent, would you all be willing to help search the surrounding for a possible necromancer or at least suspicious tracks?"