PDA

View Full Version : Making Torbjorn

Burley
2017-06-01, 12:45 PM
I did a forum search and... I can't find anybody asking this.

I wanna make Torbjorn (from Overwatch) using a Dwarven Artificer for one of my players, but I'm trying to figure out a good way of handling Torb's Turret.

The artificer gets a gun, but is having two guns fair? I'm thinking about letting him drop his gun as a Move action and it stays stationary. It will fire a round at the closest enemy once per turn, on his action. If the turret takes damage, it will need to be set-up again. Maybe let him recall the gun to his hand as a bonus action?

Since the Artificer is kinda weak, I don't see this overshadowing other characters. Thoughts?

solidork
2017-06-01, 02:16 PM
You could tweak the golem minion so it can go into an immobile ranged attacking mode.

There are a couple of spells that come to mind when it comes to replicating the a turret: Spiritual Weapon and Melf's Minute Meteors.

Torb's Turret
1st Level Conjuration
Casting Time - 1 action
Range - 5ft
Duration - Concentration, 1 minute
You summon forth a mechanical automaton that can assist you with ranged attacks. It appears with 4 ammunition. When the automaton runs out of ammunition, takes damage or is attacked it is destroyed and the spell ends. When you cast this spell - and as a bonus action on subsequent turns in which you take the attack action - you may order the automaton to expend an ammunition and make a ranged attack using your spell attack modifier against a target you can see within 60ft of the automaton. On a hit, the target takes 1d6 piercing damage, plus your spellcasting ability modifier.

It's a relatively conservative take, requiring concentration and not letting you use it unless you attack yourself.

SharkForce
2017-06-01, 04:03 PM
You could tweak the golem minion so it can go into an immobile ranged attacking mode.

There are a couple of spells that come to mind when it comes to replicating the a turret: Spiritual Weapon and Melf's Minute Meteors.

Torb's Turret
1st Level Conjuration
Casting Time - 1 action
Range - 5ft
Duration - Concentration, 1 minute
You summon forth a mechanical automaton that can assist you with ranged attacks. It appears with 4 ammunition. When the automaton runs out of ammunition, takes damage or is attacked it is destroyed and the spell ends. When you cast this spell - and as a bonus action on subsequent turns in which you take the attack action - you may order the automaton to expend an ammunition and make a ranged attack using your spell attack modifier against a target you can see within 60ft of the automaton. On a hit, the target takes 1d6 piercing damage, plus your spellcasting ability modifier.

It's a relatively conservative take, requiring concentration and not letting you use it unless you attack yourself.

pretty sure the minion can take the form of a variety of animals... and an ape can throw stuff ;)