PDA

View Full Version : WBL guidelines

Keld Denar
2007-08-03, 09:38 AM
Ok...so, after pooring over my PHB and DMG (both 3.5) I can't for the life of me find the wealth by level guidelines. I looked in the equipment section of the PHB, and the characters section of the DMG that talks about creating characters above 1st level. It wasn't in either. SO...

Can someone let me know where it really is? Is it available online as well, in some SRD format? Could someone make things easy on me and just tell me what the level 9 WBL for a PC is? Thanks in advance.

rollfrenzy
2007-08-03, 09:41 AM
It's in the DMG. Page 135 IIRC. (don't have my books here at work). I don't think it's in the SRD.

Drider
2007-08-03, 09:43 AM
for a 9th lvl character WBL is 36000 gold

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-03, 09:51 AM
I looked in the equipment section of the PHB, and the characters section of the DMG that talks about creating characters above 1st level. It wasn't in either.
In "Chapter 5: Campaigns; Other Campaign Issues." Page 135 (as mentioned by rollfrenzy). For future reference, the page number is also given in the DMG index under "wealth by level".

Is it available online as well, in some SRD format?
No. Wealth by Level is considered part of D&D rather than part of d20. As such it is part of the D&D product identity and not in the SRD.

Keld Denar
2007-08-03, 10:12 AM
Once again, I bow to the speedy and precise wisdom of the list.

/bow

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-03, 10:13 AM
No need for bowing.

Just as long as you bring some chocolate chip cookies to the next meeting, anyway.

Iku Rex
2007-08-03, 10:28 AM
No. Wealth by Level is considered part of D&D rather than part of d20. As such it is part of the D&D product identity and not in the SRD.That's not what "product identity" means. Product identity is anything on the list in the OGL.

The following items are designated Product Identity, as defined in Section 1(e) of the Open Game License Version 1.0a, and are subject to the conditions set forth in Section 7 of the OGL, and are not Open Content: Dungeons & Dragons, D&D, Player’s Handbook, Dungeon Master, Monster Manual, d20 System, Wizards of the Coast, d20 (when used as a trademark), Forgotten Realms, Faerūn, proper names (including those used in the names of spells or items), places, Red Wizard of Thay, the City of Union, Heroic Domains of Ysgard, Ever-Changing Chaos of Limbo, Windswept Depths of Pandemonium, Infinite Layers of the Abyss, Tarterian Depths of Carceri, Gray Waste of Hades, Bleak Eternity of Gehenna, Nine Hells of Baator, Infernal Battlefield of Acheron, Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus, Peaceable Kingdoms of Arcadia, Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia, Twin Paradises of Bytopia, Blessed Fields of Elysium, Wilderness of the Beastlands, Olympian Glades of Arborea, Concordant Domain of the Outlands, Sigil, Lady of Pain, Book of Exalted Deeds, Book of Vile Darkness, beholder, gauth, carrion crawler, tanar’ri, baatezu, displacer beast, githyanki, githzerai, mind flayer, illithid, umber hulk, yuan-ti.
Wealth per level is simply not part of the SRD. The numbers are not secret or copyrighted and as far as I can tell you can even include them with a d20 System Trademark License (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/srdfaq/20040123b) product.

An online wealth per level table can be found here (http://www.msen.com/~muffin/ADD/Chars/wealthbylevel.html) .