PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Hitpoints - Back on your feet

HermanTheWize
2017-06-02, 10:46 PM
Simple question, if someone was at zero hit points and you gave them 1 temporary hit point, could they stand back up?

bid
2017-06-02, 10:50 PM
Simple question, if someone was at zero hit points and you gave them 1 temporary hit point, could they stand back up?
Nope, p198 covers that.

Good question though, I never thought to check that.

Sceptic
2017-06-03, 08:51 AM
Nope, p198 covers that.

Without that, the Heroism spell is pretty damned awesome. Sadly, having actually looked that up after my most recent game, my Bard is going to be a lot less useful in combat...

Corran
2017-06-03, 09:17 AM
Without that, the Heroism spell is pretty damned awesome. Sadly, having actually looked that up after my most recent game, my Bard is going to be a lot less useful in combat...
It's still not a bad spell. Imo it is the concentration that really kills it. But it can be great on a character without (m)any cocentration spells.

On a related note, regenerate is the spell you need for that specific purpose, but it is such a high level spell...:smallsigh: On the plus side, it does not require concentration!

HermanTheWize
2017-06-03, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys, you saved me a lot of time.

Tetrasodium
2017-06-03, 05:38 PM
Nope, p198 covers that.

to save everyone else the time it takes

If you have 0 hit points, receiving temporary hit points
doesn’t restore you to consciousness or stabilize you.
They can still absorb damage directed at you while
you’re in that state, but only true healing can save you.
Unless a feature that grants you temporary hit points
has a duration, they last until they’re depleted or you
finish a long rest.

Pikkle
2017-06-03, 05:51 PM
It's not come up in a game for me yet but this is a clarification I wasn't aware of and I'm sure I'll use it at some point.