PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next UA Shifter Rework

lunaticfringe
2017-06-03, 02:57 PM
So I'm thinking of running an Eberron Campaign. I think the UA does an okay job trying to fit Eberron into 5e but I feel like it needs tweaking.

Because I'm Lazy, here is everything you need to now about Shifters (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Shifter)
This is a link to the download page where you get the Eberron UA (http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-eberron) which I pretty much ripped off.

Shifter Traits
Ability Score Increase. Increase two different Ability Scores of your choice by 1.
Size. Your Size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30ft.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Shifting. On your turn, you can shift as a bonus action. Shifting lasts for 1 minute or until you end it on your turn as a bonus action. While shifting, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution bonus (minimum of 1). You also gain a feature that depends on your shifter subrace, described below. You must finish a short or long rest before you can shift again.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Sylvan.
Subraces. Several subraces of shifter exist, each with its own animalistic features. Choose one of the options below.

Beasthide
As a Beasthide Shifter, you are especially tough and persistent in battle.
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 1.
Shifting Feature. While shifting, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.

Cliffwalk
Your Cliffwalk heritage grants you the ability to scale surfaces with ease.
Ability Scores Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
Shifting Feature. While shifting, you gain a climb speed equal to your walking speed.

Longstride
Longstride Shifters are fleet and agile.
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
Shifting Feature. While shifting, your walking speed increases by 10ft and you can use the Dash Action as a Bonus Action.

Longtooth
As a longtooth shifter, you are a ferocious combatant.
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 1.
Shifting Feature. While shifting, you can make a Bite attack as a Bonus Action. This attack is considered an Unarmed Strike. If you hit with it, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an Unarmed Strike.

Razorclaw
As a razorclaw shifter, you make swift, slashing strikes in battle.
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
Shifting Feature. While shifting, you can make a Claw attack as a Bonus Action. This attack is considered an Unarmed Strike. If you hit with it, you deal slashing damage equal to 1d4 + your Dexterity modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an Unarmed Strike.

Wildhunt
Your Wildhunt heritage makes you a consummate tracker and survivor.
Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 1.
Shifting Feature. While shifting, you gain advantage on all Wisdom-based checks and saving throws.

Yup not all shifters are created equal let me know what you think and Stay Tuned for Racial Feats.

lunaticfringe
2017-06-03, 03:43 PM
Reserved for Feats updating sporadically.

Beasthide Elite
Requires Beasthide Shifter Subrace
-You may use Shifting 1 additional time per short or long rest.
-While Shifting, your AC increases by an additional +1. This stacks with the +1 granted by Beasthide Shifting Feature for a total of +2.
-While Shifting, you have Advantage on all Constitution Saving Throws & Ability Checks.