PDA

View Full Version : How shall I play out a character from Wa?

CrackedChair
2017-06-03, 04:35 PM
Ok, so in a Forgotten Realms setting, I decided to make my Battle master fighter from some country in the Forgotten Realms settin from a country named Wa. As such, she is from a place that is pretty much Japan.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Wa

Problem is, there is not much on Wa, nor is there any information on it's people, which really stopped me in character creation.

Could anybody give me information on Wanese people? Anything would help!

ThurlRavenscrof
2017-06-03, 06:39 PM
You're right this is basically just imperial japan. You could play into that if you wanted. Make a shadow monk or a eldritch knight who's basically an administrator samurai.

Or you could do something totally different and play the kid of a rice farmer who's a wild magic sorcerer and has to try to keep it a secret from the government that prefers everyone to fit into a certain societal role. It's really whatever you want to be.

If you're having trouble finding facts about Wa, you can really just look up facts about Japanese history also

LtPowers
2017-06-03, 10:06 PM
Ok, so in a Forgotten Realms setting, I decided to make my Battle master fighter from some country in the Forgotten Realms settin from a country named Wa. As such, she is from a place that is pretty much Japan.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Wa

Problem is, there is not much on Wa, nor is there any information on it's people, which really stopped me in character creation.

Could anybody give me information on Wanese people? Anything would help!

The information on the wiki is about all there is. You could check the sources that are referenced in that wiki page but I'm not sure how much additional info you'd find.

That said, most Faerunians will consider your character to be Shou, even though you're not from Shou Lung. You could explain until you're blue in the face that you're from Wa, but basically anyone from Kara-Tur is a Shou to Faerunians.

Basically anything you come up with that seems vaguely Japanese will work. There's so little information out there that you really can't contradict anything.

Powers &8^]

CrackedChair
2017-06-04, 01:18 AM
Jeezy these people from Wa are screwed up. I never thought that such a peaceful people could be this way.

But anyways, I gotten it sorted out. Thanks for the help!