PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Mystic help

Satsujinki
2017-06-05, 05:49 AM
I need help for my mystic lvl 3:

15(13+2) str - 11 dex - 14(12+2) con - 12 int - 12 wis - 9 cha mountain dwarf, order of the immortal mystic with the following discipline:
Psionic Restoration
Psychic Assault
giant growth
lvl 3:Brute Force
Talent: mind trusts and mind slam.

What I usually do is Ogre form>melee>Warhammer smash.

We're reaching lvl 4 and my AC 14 is being a pain. I have a lot of hp, almost as much as our paladin, but I find myself going down easily. What do you think I should do for the upcoming lvl 4?

We're playing Storm king thunder, I want my Rurik fire forge to go up close and smash stuff up, while not getting one shot by a goblin >.>"

HoodedHero007
2017-06-05, 06:17 AM
Hit Points are good, +2 CON

Satsujinki
2017-06-05, 06:22 AM
Right. That's a good idea.i was also thinking in though for the +1 per level, so thatvwoth immortal is a +1 and at lvl 8 ill take one con and one str...

stollfy
2017-06-05, 06:23 AM
Id recommend either a feat that gets your dex up by 1 or just putting your str and dex up by 1 both. Another option is to take Dual Wielder and dual wield warhammers for a +1 to your AC and an extra BA action.

Quoxis
2017-06-05, 06:49 AM
You could stay in that class and get yourself two more points in Con for more hp, you could invest in the "defensive duelist" feat which gives you reactionary bonus AC if you're wielding a weapon one-handedly, you could wait until level 5 and get the "iron durability" discipline for +1 permanent AC and even more AC as reaction as well as resistence to piercing, slashing and bludgeoning damage as bonus action, or the "mastery of wood and earth" one for +1 permanent AC and nifty tricks to hinder opponents from attacking entirely.

Another option: multiclassing (if the dm allows it).
Your options are limited by your stats, the following would work:
- fighter: gives you proficiency in medium armor and a fighting style, you'll probably want to pick the defensive one that gives you +1 AC if wearing Also shield proficiency. Your max AC with your current stats would be 15 (half plate)+1 (fighting style)+2 (shield) = 18, which could go up to 20 if you invest in dex.
- barbarian: unarmored defense gives you an AC of 10+dex+con, in your case that'd still be 12, but after the first ASI you'd be at 13... and you get shield proficiency which you can still wield as bonus to unarmored defense, adding up to 15 after the ASI (for a total of 22 if you max con and dex, but that won't happen). Now that's not that good yet, i agree, but there's this neat little thing called rage which grants resistence to most weapon damage as well as additional weapon damage. The downside: you can't keep concentration up while raging, so you'd have to decide whether to rage or to giant grow (but: you get more versatile. Rage as the defensive option, giant growth as the offensive one. When you're out of psi points to grow, you can rely on rage and vice versa).

Satsujinki
2017-06-05, 07:03 AM
Id recommend either a feat that gets your dex up by 1 or just putting your str and dex up by 1 both. Another option is to take Dual Wielder and dual wield warhammers for a +1 to your AC and an extra BA action.

that... doesn't work. it isn't light weapon, it's versatile.

stollfy
2017-06-05, 07:06 AM
If you take the feat Dual Wielder, the 2 weapons don't have to be light weapons.

Dual Wielder

You master fighting with two weapons, gaining the following benefits:
◾You gain a +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand.
◾You can use two-weapon fighting even when the one handed melee weapons you are wielding aren’t light.
◾You can draw or stow two one-handed weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.

HoodedHero007
2017-06-05, 12:28 PM
Another good option to get (when you can) would be intellect fortress

furby076
2017-06-11, 09:25 PM
Sounds like you need mastery of air. Lots of good reaction defense