richardbob123
2017-06-05, 12:08 PM
can anyone help with a ghost rider build
my campaign will be starting a 8th level with two magic items rare or below

GlenSmash!
2017-06-05, 12:18 PM
can anyone help with a ghost rider build
my campaign will be starting a 8th level with two magic items rare or below

I assume you mean the Marvel Comics Character.

Also, what's available to build the character? PHB, SCAG, UA, DMSGuild, other Homebrew? If Homebrew is open I would go with Matt Mercer's Bloodhunter class, order of the Ghost Slayer subclass. If not, probably a Fiend Warlock, maybe even Pact of the Chain (pun intended)

JellyPooga
2017-06-05, 12:25 PM
Vengeance Paladin is basically it. If you really want to emohasise the transformation thing, then a re-fluffed Blade Pact Fey Patron Warlock (for the Intimidation feature) dip might be worth it, but Paladin basically gives you everything you'll want/need.

GlenSmash!
2017-06-05, 12:26 PM
Vengeance Paladin is basically it. If you really want to emohasise the transformation thing, then a re-fluffed Blade Pact Fey Patron Warlock (for the Intimidation feature) dip might be worth it, but Paladin basically gives you everything you'll want/need.

I can't believe I forgot vengeance paladin, I mean it's right there in the name.

Good call.

richardbob123
2017-06-05, 12:29 PM
any suggestions for magic items

MadBear
2017-06-05, 12:35 PM
I bet a warlock 2/V.Paladin X would work great. The patron gives you the whole Devil owns my soul feel, while the V.Paladin gives you everything else.

JellyPooga
2017-06-05, 02:22 PM
I bet a warlock 2/V.Paladin X would work great. The patron gives you the whole Devil owns my soul feel, while the V.Paladin gives you everything else.

I wouldn't even say that Warlock is necessary, especially for fluff reasons; I mean, Ghost Rider sold his soul, sure, but is about as far from working for him as you get. Not exactly a Warlock/Patron relationship, if you take my meaning.

What Warlock does grant is certain Class features; Fey patron gives a short rest fear effect, as I mentioned and would be my recomendation. Pact Magic offers some options that Paladin lacks for the concept, but mostly the all-day-every-day Smites that recharge on a short rest. Fiend patron gives you some more more flame based spells, but Paladin has Searing Smite anyway, which pretty much covers the "flaming weapon" thing that the Ghost Rider rocks. On that note, Greenflame Blade is an obvious pick-up, whether from V.Human bonus feat (Magic Initiate) or Warlock.

As for magic items, an obvious pick would be a Flametongue, or preferably a whip version of it. Aside from that, perhaps glamoured armour (for awesome "no armour to spiky devil armour" transformations. Maybe something to enhance your spellcasting; Prayer Beads, perhaps? I'm not so sure on this one, really.

Waffle_Iron
2017-06-05, 02:28 PM
Warlock 3, blade pact could be useful.
You'd have access to chains you can summon and be proficient in without spending a feat for an "exotic" weapon proficiency.

*shrug*

Talionis
2017-06-05, 08:06 PM
As there are no motorcycles in DnD I'll suggest the second level spell Find Steed. It works well with Armor of Agathys which is a good spell if you go Warlock.