PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Enhancing Natural Weapons

Matrota
2017-06-05, 02:50 PM
For fun my dnd group is planning on doing a grand battle royale this summer with all our d&d characters we've played in the past couple of years raised to 35th level. I'm designing an extra character or two because I don't have as many as the others (My characters don't die very often).

I'm currently making a troll-blooded, feral, corrupted crusader/warshaper for fast healing 10, regen 1, and the devoted spirit healing. Having the templates give natural weapons, buffs to natural weapons, and special attacks like pounce and rake is super nice as well. We limit warshaper natural attacks to 3/4 ECL to balance it out. I'm planning on using my 11 bonus natural attacks in addition to whatever I start with to pounce full attack with martial spirit active and heal tons of damage each round. I don't know what to do with the last 4 levels yet.

The character is mainly a savage tank and a combat healer who is likely going to become immune-to-damage with some magical items paired with regeneration. One of the only issues I can think of is that I'm likely going to be fighting some high-DR characters and want to know how to buff up my natural weapons to be treated as enhanced, hopefully to at least +3. Is there a good way to do this? Also, would y'all reccomend any better way to go about doing this kind of build? We use 3.5e, all official sources and dragon mags are approved, no PF or homebrew. We also use xp penalty rules, and most the time aren't hyper-optimized, but definitely strong.

Gruftzwerg
2017-06-05, 02:56 PM
Necklace of Natural Attacks is what you are looking for.
A amulet that can be enhanced like any real weapon.

Hiro Quester
2017-06-05, 04:41 PM
Unless you have three or more natural weapons, or use unarmed strikes and natural weapons.

Then an amulet of mighty fists is better value. But it only adds an enhancement bonus to your attacks.

If you want to add weapon special qualities (ghost touch flaming, merciful claws or whatever) then the necklace of natural attacks is what you want.

With the NNA you pay for each weapon you enhance. With the AMF you pay for an enhancement bonus to all natural weapons.

Edit: you have 11bonus natural weapons? Wow! You will want the AMF then.