PDA

View Full Version : Warforged awakened by Dwarfs?

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-06-07, 01:13 AM
I have been trying to get a concept idea i had put together. Essentialy I want to be able to use Battlesmith (http://dnd.arkalseif.info/classes/battlesmith/index.html) as I want to follow Gond (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Gond).

Is there anything Raw that would make sense for a Warforged to be able to do so? i.e he is awakened by dwarfs who take him in?
Let alone that it would make sense since I did double check on House Cannith. Which states the house was Mainly if not solely humans. I did look into other books 3.5 D&D core books and suppliements. No Dragon mags or third party if Dwarfs ever made any and couldnt find anything saying they may have or did.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Swaoeaeieu
2017-06-07, 01:20 AM
three levels of stonebound (dwarf) would be an option...

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-06-07, 01:22 AM
I just found that myself. Does Warforged count for the Req of humanoid since he is a construct?

Swaoeaeieu
2017-06-07, 01:27 AM
technically not. wrong type and all that. but a dm might allow it.

lunaticfringe
2017-06-07, 01:28 AM
In Eberron? I don't think so, maybe a dwarf who worked for Cannith. They Worship the Sovereign Host mostly. They are more stereotypically Miners, Traders, & Bankers. Haven't heard of Gond in Eberron.

If you are using a custom or FR then who cares? You are already refluffing stuff what's one more thing?

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-06-07, 01:32 AM
The DM Allows all D&D 3.5 core books and suppliment books. I.e mixing ebbron and forgotten realms and basic Core books PHB1/2 etc etc. He doesnt like Dragon mags or homebrew. Typically he will allow some shananagins. i.e He okayed me redoing a halberd into a Poleaxe since there inst any in game giving me a 2 hander that does S/P/B depending how i swing it.

He's even okayed using anthromorpic Animals and Races of Faerūn classes/races. even tho they dont touch Ebberon besides 1 book i think?

Thurbane
2017-06-07, 03:23 AM
In Eberron? I don't think so, maybe a dwarf who worked for Cannith. They Worship the Sovereign Host mostly. They are more stereotypically Miners, Traders, & Bankers. Haven't heard of Gond in Eberron.

If you are using a custom or FR then who cares? You are already refluffing stuff what's one more thing?

You can technically have "setting neutral" Warforged, thanks to MM3.

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-06-07, 03:52 AM
I did not know that. Thank you very kindly Thurbane!

tedcahill2
2017-06-07, 09:09 AM
Based on Eberron I don't know of a way for a dwarf to have awoken a warforged. However, my understanding of warforged is they become fully mature "adults" within a few years of being awakened. I think it would work rather nicely if the warforged in question was awakened, then transported to another site. During transportation through a mountain pass he and whoever was with him was attacked. The warforged was dropped to 0 HP (disabling it) and everyone else was killed.

Then a dwarf could have found the newly awoke warforged and repaired it.

CozJa
2017-06-07, 02:27 PM
I have been trying to get a concept idea i had put together. Essentialy I want to be able to use Battlesmith (http://dnd.arkalseif.info/classes/battlesmith/index.html) as I want to follow Gond (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Gond).

Is there anything Raw that would make sense for a Warforged to be able to do so? i.e he is awakened by dwarfs who take him in?
Let alone that it would make sense since I did double check on House Cannith. Which states the house was Mainly if not solely humans. I did look into other books 3.5 D&D core books and suppliements. No Dragon mags or third party if Dwarfs ever made any and couldnt find anything saying they may have or did.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Not sure if you play in Eberron or not. If you are, then Onatar is basically the setting equivalent of Gond. As for the race, I'd suggest to just ignore.the racial requirements, after all the class description itself suggests this! (also you shouldn't post links from the tools site!)

If you are in Eberron setting, there is a group of warforged that travels through the Mournlands and are building a metal structure to embody what they believe is the essence/deity of warforged. A battlesmith would work well with it!

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-06-07, 02:55 PM
Not sure if you play in Eberron or not. If you are, then Onatar is basically the setting equivalent of Gond. As for the race, I'd suggest to just ignore.the racial requirements, after all the class description itself suggests this! (also you shouldn't post links from the tools site!)

If you are in Eberron setting, there is a group of warforged that travels through the Mournlands and are building a metal structure to embody what they believe is the essence/deity of warforged. A battlesmith would work well with it!

We are in a non specified locatin. essentially anything of well known renown is x weeks/months away. I.e we all magically telported to a location and was captured and we are not sure if we go away or try going home if we simple will teleport back or not. I didnt know there was an issue with the tools site for posting. Sorry.

Im aware of the group but by guy is pretty much i try protecting others while i create things to help others. lol

ShurikVch
2017-06-07, 03:35 PM
I just found that myself. Does Warforged count for the Req of humanoid since he is a construct?No; but there are several ways to become Humanoid:
1) Incarnate Construct spell (Savage Species). You will lose almost everything which makes you Warforged: Plating, Fortification, Slam (but, surprisingly, keep Living Construct subtype, and still count as Warforged for feats, PrCs, spells, and items)
2) Greater Humanoid Essence spell (Races of Eberron). Temporary gives you Humanoid type - which may, depending on DM approval, allow you to qualify for Stoneblessed

Thurbane
2017-06-07, 05:21 PM
There's a few RAW methods available: taking the Human Heritage feat (which I can't see being allowed to be legally applied to Warforged)

Then there's the Greater Humanoid Essence spell, which only lasts 1 round/level. AFAIK, GHE cannot be Permanancied in the normal method.

If you could find some way of making the spell last long enough to take the Stoneblessed class, you should be OK. There will, of course, be the usual argument as to whether when you lose the reqs for a PrC is you lose the PrC - some will say it only applies to PrC from two or so specific books, others will argue that it's a general rule.

Also, there's Incarnate Construct, but then you lose everything that makes being a Warforged appealing.