PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Kelgore's Grave Mist

logic_error
2017-06-07, 07:52 AM
This is an awesome spell at level 2, I believe. It is an area effect with great range, so you can sneak it into the enemy camp. Also, its wording suggests that unless the enemy has a ready spellcaster, they are not going to know that it's an attack or just a cold weather being unnaturally nasty. if you ignore the wording of Born of three thunders slightly, you can energy substitute it to electricity and daze everyone in the AoE.

Now the question is how to optimise this even further? Is the Born of Three Thunders trick allowed? Does the spell stack fatigue on the enemies make them exhausted? (I guess not, this being a magical effect). What other tricks can you pull fo with this spell?

Thunder999
2017-06-07, 09:54 AM
Fell drain, AoE level drain is fun.

Necroticplague
2017-06-07, 10:13 AM
Now the question is how to optimise this even further? Is the Born of Three Thunders trick allowed?

Questionably. The cold damage definitely becomes sonic/electricity (assuming you first Energy Admixture is it to add Electricity first). However, the main effect (stunning and knocking prone) occurs "when the spell concludes". I'm pretty sure this means the explosive thunderclap would only occur once it's duration was up.

Does the spell stack fatigue on the enemies make them exhausted? (I guess not, this being a magical effect). If they're already fatigued, the fog makes them Exhausted. If they do something while Fatigued from being in the fog, they become Exhausted. However, the fog's exhaustion application only occurs once, when you enter the fog. Unlike the damage, it doesn't occur every round.