PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus Rider PrC?

The_Iron_Lord
2017-06-07, 06:28 PM
Greetings all!

Inspired by Fire Emblem Fates, which I have been recently playing to death, I have decided to make the signature troops of one of the fiefs of my campaign (which are more like allied nations, honestly...) a troop of pegasus-riding warlock/wizard/somethings (I'm not sure of their class...) with spells and spear-type weapons. Thus, I was wondering if there is any PrC/Feat/Other ability that would give these riders a crunch reason for having a pegasus mount...

Thanks in advance,
The_Iron_Lord:smallbiggrin:

Kaje
2017-06-07, 06:38 PM
Skylord, but it's Exalted-only.

Knight of the Flying Hunt.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-06-07, 06:39 PM
Where is Knight of the Flying Hunt from?

Kaje
2017-06-07, 06:43 PM
Champions of Valor.

Zancloufer
2017-06-07, 07:39 PM
Pegasus have something like 120ft base fly speed right?

Lances. Charging with lances for 2x damage. Combine with Fly-by attack and you can get 240ft movement, some before, some after, striking. Combine it with those Tome of Battle White Raven Manoeuvres which buff charges and you can do some scary stuff with a flock of lance wielding Pegasus knights. Enemies without ranged options are pretty much SoL and most weapons will probably eat (notable) penalties to hit as you are swooping in and out of weapon increment ranges.

Karl Aegis
2017-06-07, 07:57 PM
Every prepared caster can just summon a pegasus with a Sanctified Spell. Clerics can do it spontaneously.

Fizban
2017-06-08, 02:28 AM
Have a feat:

Sky Knight [General]
Prerequisites: Cha 13, Ride 8 ranks.
Benefit: You gain the service of a Giant Eagle, Giant Owl, or Pegasus as a steed. It serves loyally as long as you treat it fairly, much like a cohort.
Special: If you have a special mount (such as from the paladin class feature), this creature replaces your special mount, without reducing your effective paladin level for determining bonuses.

The Dragon Steed feat from Draconomicon (which this feat is based on) gives you a non-firebreathing non-poisonous dragon thing which (ignoring the terrible picture) has perfectly adequate stats for fire emblem wyverns.

I have a whole Sky Cavalier prestige class mostly done but I haven't cleaned it up or posted it yet.

Rebel7284
2017-06-08, 03:07 AM
Zhentarim Skymage can do it pretty nicely if you're okay with being an member of an evil organization. Can easily get advanced pegasus as well.

The_Iron_Lord
2017-06-09, 06:05 PM
Should their secondary attacks (magic blasts from the sky) come from wizard, warlock (leaning toward this right now...), some combination/theurge of the two, or something else entirely? BTW, I would prefer the sum total of levels in X needed to be proficient at blasting to be at most 4ish...

Thanks!:smallbiggrin: