PDA

View Full Version : Freedom [IC]

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-07, 07:39 PM
Chapter 1: Welcome to Tyr

You have heard the stories of recent events in Tyr. The sorceror king was slain during a gladiator game when the entire crowd was trapped within the arena. Panic broke loose and people felt physically assaulted as they tried to escape.

Some of the people literally died for no apparent reason.

That was a few months ago.

Now you arrive at the very city you have heard rumors of. The convoy you where hired to protect slowly reached the gates the convoy veered to the side as two huge men standing nearly 10 feet tall with huge solid bellies. Each has a huge polished and obsidian axe with small compressed faces and beady black eyes.

They stood on eather side of the convoy as a single man in a suit of armor and a black tabbard draped over it. These must be the much feared feared Templars...

The cruel looking man checked the back of a few wagons as the Merchant leader handed him a small bag. With that, the Templar waved the guards off as the convoy slowly jurked forward.

Your group of misfit guards headed to the closest bar from where the convoy stopped, The Red Kank. You where told to keep your hand over your coin purses as you left.

Damn elves would sell their mothers for a few bits the disgruntled man muttered under his breath.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-07, 09:53 PM
Rengore isn't really afraid but he knows he has seen trouble from Templars before and well technically a criminal. He knows most Templars are corrupt lock you as soon as look at you. He's done a few things to make himself harder to recognize (so he thinks) he has an eypatch he switches from one eye to the other at times. He's removed his braid thinking maybe he could pass as a really big human which he knows he can't hide so why bother. He is wearing studded leather (doesn't fit well) which he was wearing nothing when he escaped (well almost nothing it kinda got tore up in the escape). Before he reaches the gates he rolls in the dirt a bit to maybe cover some other markings. When he reaches the gate and the templar approches he literally covers his face with a hand.

Just in the and after he is handed his pay but before the man says to gaurd his money he asks everyone in a hushed (for a half giant) tone "Hey did he pay enough?
I'm sure he did. He seems nice. Do I have enough for food and water? Long road, really hot."

After he gets told to hold on to his money cause of elves he looks around suspiciously for any elves realizes everyone looks about the same and he isn't entirely sure the diffrence between elves and humans. He then pulls open his pants and drops in his money. "I'm ready when y'all are."

Luccan
2017-06-07, 10:48 PM
Larson regards the templar with a wary eye, but seems to pay the half-giant guards no mind. He pulls up the rags he uses to hide the lower part of his face on his "outings" before the man passes by, then calmly joins the others on the inside of the city. Seeing Rengore's worry, he pats the half-giant on the back and gives a rare smile. Don't worry, Ren. We'll be sure you have what you need. And if any bastard,
long-eared or otherwise, tries to take your money, well... He shows the small obsidian punching dagger kept in his sleeve We'll be sure you get it back. He looks toward the others Now, I believe we've earned ourselves a drink, gentlemen.

BelGareth
2017-06-08, 11:24 AM
Thak’rit was out in front for the majority of the trip, enjoying the wide expanse, avoiding any dangers for the caravan, pointing them out as it saw them.

The whole thing was strange to it, the caravan acted like a clutch, staying together, watching out for each other, but when it got closer, they were nothing alike. Each an individual, kept to their own, some may have slept with each other, but not like a clutch would, conserving heat, watching each other for protection.

It confused it, and it was intent on understanding the others.

Thak’rits compound eyes regarded the sight before them, taking in the strange pillar of gold, it had seen it miles back, it's stereoscoping vision allowing it to focus on it from much further out than the others.

Cresting the hill, it paused, it’s antennae twitched, feeling the air, and it’s mandibles reflexively combed it’s cheeks, cleaning and removing any dirt or sand there. It had stayed back this one time, as they approached what the others called a city. If it could narrow it's eyes in suspicion, it would have, instead, it displayed the nervous signs of a The-Kreen, it felt out of place, but steeled itself, this was what it wanted.

Catching up, it watched as the guards were bribed, even if didn’t understand why, it knew a bribe when it saw one.

Nodding and clicking a greeting the guards as it passed, it followed the others to the bar, doing as instructed, keeping one hand on it’s bag.

Regarding Larson with a long unblinking stair, for it could not blink (something it thought was far superior to having to cover one’s visual receptors every few seconds), and then nodded, clicking an answer back, but halting halfway through. “Man Larson, yes, a drink, would, do us all, good.” it nodded and clacked it's mandibles as it spoke. Common was hard, and it felt strange when doing so, but it was important to build their clutch, make it strong.

LarsWester
2017-06-08, 05:57 PM
Paluk tensed and straightened to his full height of 3'-8" as the caravan approached the city walls. He didn't like cities. He never cared for how the walls kept everyone inside and so squashed together. He didn't trust the occupants of a city either. They didn't care for each other the way the Thri-Kreen care for their pack or the Halflings think of the tribe first. Here it was everyone for themselves and the strong take advantage of the weak. Also noone in the cities appreciated rain. Paluk had often heard townsfolk curse the skies when it opened up to only bless them with life sustaining water. It was the ultimate disgrace to the element he had dedicated so many years of service. The ignorance of the townspeople stung his ears and had forever hardened his heart towards the city life and its inhabitants. Relieved to have some coin in his pocket again and intrigued at the suggestion of a bar. Paluk fell in line with the rest of the group. He noticed Thak'rit's nervous posture. It too must feel out of place in this strange environment of too close buildings and too many strangers. Paluk couldn't help but shake his head in agreement when it mentioned getting a drink.
Do any know the way to this Red Klank? he asked softly to the others in his group. Common still seemed harsh and unnatural to his ears but he was told he was beginning to master the language. Which was good as Paluk had no intention of teaching any outsiders the language of his people. Not getting an immediate response Paluk repeated his question louder to be heard over the bustle of the city streets. Where is this bar?

Luccan
2017-06-08, 06:10 PM
Larson points toward the building, and looks at Paluk Right where they said it'd be. Can't see it from down there? He crouches slightly so only the halfling can here him and turns his finger to Rengore You were going on with the kreen about the group helping the group. I bet Ren would be willing to carry you, if you need it. He stands and resumes his pace toward the bar.

PeacefulOak
2017-06-08, 11:21 PM
Tatho stayed close by its brethren as they approached the city, Clickit following on a long lead. For some reason, the large creature tended to make people uncomfortable if she wasn't tied.

Stretching all into the air, it releases a pheromone of satisfaction as their journey is completed. It runs its claws over Clickit's horns and neck, ensuring that no grit from the road has gathered there.

It watches as the Merchant pays off the templars, a trio of large fools in armor that must certainly make the heat of the day many times worse. Although not a hunter in the classic sense, Tatho appreciates the savage cunning their employer uses in achieving its goals, including the ease with which it passes the gates. Taking its pay, it follows Thak'rit to the place of food and rest, tying Clickit to a post outside before entering.

"Yes, a drink sounds good. Let us celebrate our success."

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-08, 11:35 PM
After some stumbling around, you all arrive at shadow square within the elven market. Such chaos with venders leaning over their stands showing off finely polished bone and obsidian weapons claiming they are from exotic far off lands.

And in the same breath slipping off the poor fools coin purse who isnt accustomed to the sneaky 7 foot tall elves.

You eventually arrive at a simple two story building with the image of a Mul riding a red kank with orbs of honey on its underside.

You arrived.

As you walk into the bar a hush falls over the groups of elves, dwarves and mixed crowd. You see a table towards the rear of the bar with 6 open seats.

Before you even make a move a dwarf moves towards you and motions you to the rear of the bar. He recommends the fermented sap stating its the cheapest drink they have but it punches you like Rikus himself.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-09, 12:21 AM
Rengore lights up when they reach the market dashing from vendor to vendor. He speaks to them like he knows what he's doing but obvious he doesn't. He says things like "The mark here shows its interior goodness" or "Does this come in my size?" he doesn't buy anything he just wants to touch stuff. If he does go to buy anything in sure someone stops him reminding him he's hungry and thirsty. If he does have a halfling riding along I'm sure there is a death grip on Rengore due to the nearly double speed in which Rengore moves. He likely delays the whole party. Once they're out of the market and on thier way again Rengore complains a bit about being hungry and thirsty saying "I'm So hungry I could eat a whole carru....uh... Sorry" and "I'm So thirsty I could drain an oasis.". He also adds "Are we there yet? We been walking for weeks."

They reach the bar and meet the dwarf. Rengore asks "Who builds a ceiling so low. nearly on his hands and knees. He asks "If you would like I could push your cieling up a few feet? Make it more comfortable for taller folk. Umm... I guess I'll sit on the ground... Why everyone so quite? I'll take a barrel of water"

LarsWester
2017-06-09, 12:24 PM
Larson points toward the building, and looks at Paluk Right where they said it'd be. Can't see it from down there? He crouches slightly so only the halfling can here him and turns his finger to Rengore You were going on with the kreen about the group helping the group. I bet Ren would be willing to carry you, if you need it. He stands and resumes his pace toward the bar.
Paluk glares at the human rogue. Outsiders were always underestimating him because of his size. Few knew that Paluk was quite tall for a halfling. He had grown use to this sort of teasing and prejudice but it didn't make him any happier to be subject to it.
I am quite fine on my feet Larson. But if you want to ride on Rengore go right ahead. He said through clenched teeth. He then started off in the direction pointed out by Larson.
Of course he couldn't see the sign for the tavern with all these tall lumbering oafs around.

Once inside he follows the dwarf's beckoning to the back of the bar and his suggestion of the cheap drink. It reminds him of similar intoxicants back home in the jungle. Made from a tree sap it is sticky sweet, leaving behind a warming and yet numbing feeling as it glides down the throat. A few more of these and his head would be swirling like the rain clouds and thundering in the morning.

Thank you for the suggestion friend. It reminds me of home. What name do you go by so I may address you properly. Paluk says to the dwarf stranger.

Luccan
2017-06-09, 01:58 PM
Larson does his best to keep the half-giant from being ripped off, to the insult and anger of some of the vendors. More than once, he steps between the Rengore and an obvious thief, saving the big man the trouble of losing his money. By the time they're at the bar, he's leading Rengore along with an arm on his back, attempting to keep the barbarian from running off again, though he could do little if the giant decided to do something else.

Larson readies himself as all eyes in the bar turn toward the party. He nods to the dwarf and takes the seat that gives him the best view of the bar. A drink for me and all of my friends, then. First round is on me. He takes his time on the drink, observing the bar patrons and generally trying to seem inconspicuous.

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-10, 10:51 AM
The dwarf introduces himself as Barunus as he starts to head back to the backroom to get the glasses of fermented sap.

The other people after a long pause return to their conversation and seem to ignore your strange group. You do happen to over hear a two elves arguing back and forth about who pulled a better profit with their "acquired" goods.

Barunus returns after a few minutes with a few glasses of the drink he recommended. Its bitter with a strong resin-like taste but you can feel a slight burn on the back end. This is a fairly strong drink for those who can tell the difference by taste.

The Dwarf turns to the half giant and raises an eye brow in confusion.

I doubt you could afford a barrel of water my large friend, the Templar raised the price of water last week.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-10, 09:41 PM
Oh ok. Then I'll have a troft of water then.

Luccan
2017-06-10, 11:08 PM
Is there a bigger shortage than usual? And drink your sap, Ren. It'll quench you. He leans toward the dwarf and whispersBring some filling food, too. Otherwise he might order a whole carru. Larson leans back after the short exchange and listens in on the conversation between the two elves.

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-11, 06:08 PM
After the gladiator games, many people and slaves died or left. There should be plenty of water for the remaining people of Tyr but I suspect the Templar are trying to maintain a good cash flow...

He quickly stopped talking and looked around as if he was worried he said too much.

One of the elves proudly boasted to his companion that he sold inferior products at a profit of ten times their value because he said they came from the halfling lands.

They both chuckled as they came to an agreement that the sly elf made the better profit. As they laughed the loser of their argument ordered a "top shelf" wine to congratulate his friend. As the order is placed you start to hear a loud commotion outside that seems to be getting louder.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-11, 08:43 PM
Internal thoughts Who Does this dwarf think he is telling me I can't get what I want. Been told no since I got here and getting mighty tired of it. I'd go grab my barrel of it weren't for Lars. He got my back. Those pointy ears are talking about stealing from paluk homeland I wonder if he going to do something. Hey what's that..... Rengore takes a drop of resin downing it all in a single satisfied gulp. He gets up likely knocking into about anything in his path. He squezes out the door to see what's going on.

PeacefulOak
2017-06-12, 10:30 AM
Tatho lets their antennae hover over the nectar, smelling it before lifting it with a claw and taking a sip. The taste is not unfamiliar, though they still do not understand the appeal to drinking spoiled fruit and honey when fresh is so much more flavourful.

As the dwarf speaks, Tatho leans in to its clutch mate. <<Why does the dwarf seem nervous? Of course the strong control the water hole. This is the natural order!>>

It pays little mind to the commotion, but it does watch Rengore as the half-giant makes its way to the door. "Check on Clickit!" it calls after its companion.

LarsWester
2017-06-12, 11:37 AM
Paluk was knocked of his stool and barely escaped being trampled when Rengore rushed across the bar to peer outdoors. He had overheard the elves being elves. It made sense everyone knew halfling made the finest goods in the land. Who wouldn't pay a bit more for stuff made by the smartest and most gifted race. The fact that it was a bold face lie meant that the purchaser was no judge of quality. The harsh lesson might drive some sense into whomever was foolish enough to be taken advantage of by elves. Paluk rose to his feet and walk across the bar to peer between Rengore's legs.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BelGareth
2017-06-12, 12:41 PM
Thak'rit stares on unblinking eyes, head bobbing in agreement with his companion, he was more concerned about what was happening outside however, and move after the half giant, who had, form his experience, a habit of getting into trouble. He clicked back to Tatho "Us should check on Clickit, small-giant can get into troublesome times, it shall check if Tatho stays."

Luccan
2017-06-12, 12:55 PM
Larson rises as soon as the half-giant bolts for the door, but is stopped short by the other companions that follow him. He leaves the money they owe with the dwarf, should he be pulled along somewhere else, raises an eyebrow at Tatho and follows the others, muttering to himself about how he never gets any rest and has to make sure the other guards don't trample anyone or start a fight on accident.

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-12, 06:48 PM
As you all head outside, you all notices several half giant guards blocking the streets in the distance. Paluk however notices a large group of people heading towards you about two or three blocks down the main road.

Several of the vending stands are grabbing their goods and simply running into the nearest building.

LarsWester
2017-06-13, 08:56 AM
Paluk points in the direction of the approaching crowd and says to the other caravan guards. Oi. There be trouble coming. Pardon me Rengore. The halfling begins to scramble up the half giant until he is perched on his shoulders and able to see better above the crowded street.

Paluk is attempting to discern anything further about the approaching group. Not sure what roll is required here if any.
[roll0] we can apply that roll plus whatever bonus for the required skill check. But most likely if a roll was needed I just failed it.

Luccan
2017-06-13, 10:52 AM
Larson tenses as he comes out of the bar, noticing the tension in the street and starts glancing at where he might need to make an exit. Keeping his face completely straight, he glances at Paluk scaling the half-giant and shakes his head, then tries to get a better view of the commotion the halfling pointed out.

Spot check [roll0]

BelGareth
2017-06-13, 10:59 AM
Thank'rit stands in the street and watches, the customs of these people confused it, and it wanted to learn, so it stayed and watched.

PeacefulOak
2017-06-13, 01:24 PM
Though Tatho had thought to keep their table, the rise of its companions and the payment of the dwarf suggests an end to their period of rest. Its antennae flick in its equivalent of a shrug and it rises, leaving its drink on the table. It moves to the door, its eyes scanning the crowd not out of distrust but out of a constant awareness of its surroundings.

Reaching the door, it passes out into the air and breathes deeply, touching a claw to Thak'rit's shoulder. With a surge of its powerful legs it leaps forward and up onto Clickit's shoulders, the Carru standing calmly as it is used to this. Tatho looks towards both the half-giant guards and the oncoming disturbance.

[roll0] Jump Check
[roll1] Spot Check

zylodrizzt
2017-06-13, 01:44 PM
"Would you like to get closer paluk?" NOT waiting for a reply he runs to a very close point yelling "MOVE"

Run action 150ft. Likely this time the halfling grips tightly.

[roll0] spot
[roll1] listen

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-13, 06:49 PM
As most of you try to make sense of the chaos in the streets, you you hear a man's voice:

TEMPLAR!

The few people who where not trying to get away literally drop everything they can and start running as fast as their legs can carry them.

You now see that the group running your way is a single Templar with 10 Mul body guards all with obsidian swords in hand. They seem to be running after a woman who attempts to use your half giant friend to break line of sight.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-14, 12:25 AM
"Uh hello. I was at the Bar and heard some commotion. I came to check it out.
So what's happening?

Luccan
2017-06-14, 12:43 AM
Larson grits his teeth at the shouts of "Templar" and turns to go inside, before noticing the half-giant (with halfling in tow) are now possibly involved with whoever he's chasing. He moves over to Rengore and puts a hand on his back, ineffectively pushing him towards the bar Ren, you should get inside. Now. Templars aren't gonna be friendly if they find you out on the street during a chase. And put Paluk down. I doubt he wants to be tugged along like that He glares at the woman I don't care what you do, but don't get my friends involved with the Templars.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-14, 01:02 AM
"Pal climbed me. Thought he wanted a better view. Guess we got a good view. Wait is someone else here? Who you talking to?"

LarsWester
2017-06-14, 04:54 PM
That I did Rengore. We had a quite a view too. Ho there woman what's your business we aren't here to hide you.
Looking back at Larson for direction Do you want to help the Templar out here or just get out of the way?
Can we get a description of this woman?

Luccan
2017-06-14, 06:56 PM
I've got no desire to help a Templar He looks at the Thri-Kreen and speaks in their native, clicking tongue They're more and deadlier hunters than us and they aren't necessarily good to fellow hunters. We would do well to hunt another day He once again pushes the half-giant towards the bar We should get inside. They might have us all in chains if they find us out here.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-14, 07:22 PM
"Hello lady. Lars we don't want to help Templars why not help lady? If we don't she might end up in chains. I know I carry a chain but it's to remind me how much I hated being in chains. I have a bad memory. I Think you helped me once from this even though maybe you didn't mean to. That's why I'm your friend. People aren't so nice in this world maybe if we start others might too. Maybe we make friends. I don't think this lady has done wrong have you lady.

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-14, 09:11 PM
The woman still panting from her run is slender but not tall, her long brown hair is soaked with sweat forming a tangled heap. Her vibrant green eyes look to all of you in a panic as you tell her to leave.

She pleads in a horce voice
Please... Help me.... Escape you can tell just from listening she is exhausted and will not be able to elude the Templar for much longer.

Luccan
2017-06-14, 09:17 PM
Inside, Ren He looks at the woman and some amount of sympathy crosses his face.
He glances at Rengore for a moment, before turning back.Damn it. The bar is crowded; they might not find you if you keep your head down. I have some wraps you can use to cover your face and head. If they catch you, we don't know you.

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-14, 09:21 PM
She seems to tear up as her lips try to say Thank You without a single sound escaping them.

Luccan
2017-06-14, 09:24 PM
Larson removes the rags he uses to cover his head during thefts and other criminal acts and hands them to the woman, then leads the way inside, clearly eager to be off the street and far from the Templar.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-14, 09:27 PM
"Here take my eyepatch. Can't we do more Lars? It isn't fair. Maybe I could disract the Templars to give her a bit of a head start?

LarsWester
2017-06-14, 10:01 PM
Paluk hops off the half giant's shoulder and mutters a few words under his breath while moving his hands in a circle before waving his fingers in a downward motion. Suddenly there a few drops of rain falling in a very localized area about 30 feet back towards the Templar and group of Mul. The rain picks up but it is in a very small area just cover about a 10' band across the road 30' away.
"The die has been cast let's get inside."
Paluk quickly moved back into the bar.
Paluk casts create rain a level 0 spell. This is equivalent to the create water spell so about 6 gallons of water. With the water shortage in town Paluk is hoping the rain pulls some townsfolk back into the street to provide visual cover.

BelGareth
2017-06-15, 02:47 PM
Thank'rit was confused, it had never seen anything like a hunt in one of the human cities. It had never been in one of the human cities before. So, taking it's companions suggestions, it ducked inside, avoiding what seemed to be a larger, stronger hunting party.

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-15, 08:03 PM
As rain starts to fall, there is a long moment where everyone stands baffled as to what is happening. Then without warning, everyone rushes towards the rain grabbing anything that can catch a few drops of water.

The street resembles a mob of twisting flesh clawing at one another trying to get what little water they can from the heavens.

In the midst of the chaos, you all stroll into The Red Kank with the somewhat disguised woman. The party takes their seats in the back of the bar and thr woman takes the empty seat at the table.

[roll0]
[roll1]

zylodrizzt
2017-06-15, 11:40 PM
So Uh.... What's going on?What your name?

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-16, 05:01 PM
The woman smiles and waves the dwarf over and whispers something in his ear. He silently nods and heads back towards the stock room.

I am Mahlanda, but the question is who are all of you... Such kindness is rare in Tyr.

zylodrizzt
2017-06-16, 09:00 PM
I am Rengore. I don't like Templars. What you say to dwarf? Hope he brings us a barrel of water and a roasted carru.

LarsWester
2017-06-19, 08:14 AM
Mahlanda kindness is rare in all of Athas. It is your own business but if you let us know why the Templars pursue perhaps we can aid further. Paluk says before drinking more of his fermented sap.
The halfling keeps looking about the tavern for signs that his spell was detected earlier.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BelGareth
2017-06-19, 09:48 AM
Thak'rit was still confused, it's clutch was now stronger with the addition of the new member, though, it had not intended for the weakling to become another additive. Perhaps it could provide milk like Clickit? It did not know, listening, it wandered.

"Why was it running from?" Thak'rit says in broken common.

PeacefulOak
2017-06-20, 07:38 PM
Tatho sits close to the new female, its antennae reaching over to take in the scent of the new creature. It wasn't entirely sure why they were protecting this prey, but for the moment it was willing to defer to the lead of the group.

It keeps an awareness of the door high in its focus, both in case the Muls enter and in case Clickit gives any sense of warning. It emits pheromones of worry, gazing significantly at its sibling across the table.

Luccan
2017-06-20, 07:55 PM
Larson keeps an eye on the door, but does listen closely to the answer to Paluk's question. We may help more.
We just got into town, I don't want to have to run off again.

[roll0]

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-20, 08:49 PM
The woman quietly sits for a moment catching her breath. The dwarf returns with a few pitchers of fermented sap and you can smell roasting meat coming from the kitchen. He leaves and returns yet again with four pitchers of water and places them in front of Rengore. The woman turns to the dwarf and hands him a decent sized purse which you assume is money.

The templar assume I am up to no good because I do not belong to anyone...

[roll0] woman

[roll1] bel
[roll2] oak
[roll3] zylo
[roll4] lars
[roll5] luccan

Everyone except bel and Lars can tell she is lying about something. Go figure the simple half giant is apparently a people person!

PeacefulOak
2017-06-20, 09:13 PM
Tatho's antennae stiffen and its gaze sharpens as it turns to the female.

"Your words lay a false trail, prey. Speak truth, or our shelter is no longer yours."

[roll0] intimidate

Luccan
2017-06-20, 09:16 PM
Larson sighs, takes a long drink from his sap and looks her in the eye Peace, Tatho. Mahlanda, you seem like a smart woman. And clearly, you need more of our help. But we can't begin a professional relationship on a foundation of empty words and misdirection. So, if you please, give us the full and accurate story and then we can discuss helping you. He gives her a pointed look Otherwise, I'd like those rags back. he points to the rags she's hiding her face with.

[roll0]

zylodrizzt
2017-06-21, 12:44 AM
Rengore looks excited as he gets water and good. It's been what he has been looking foward to for quite some time. He pushes it away as his demenor darken you can feel the intense anger radiate from him. Is just audible enough for mahlanda to hear as he growls out the sylibles I do not accept gifts from liars.
I stuck my neck out for you. I did not do it for gifts. I did it out of goodness. Do not repay me with lies. Templars lie elves lie slavers lie. Do not be like them. Tell us the truth or I will tie you up and leave you to your fate.

Intimidate [roll0]

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-23, 04:48 AM
She shakes her head silently at first as if trying to,convince herself of something.

l guess I owe you as much.
As I'm sure you are aware of, magic is forbidden in most of Athas.

Tyr is no different... she reaches into her small bag slung over her shoulder and pulls the corner of a beautifully ornate book into view.

If you still wish for me to leave I can understand. Your kindness will not be forgotten to me or my friends...

PeacefulOak
2017-06-23, 07:30 PM
Tatho clicks irritatedly. "A pretty book and magic, friends that are not here to help. You have a need for aid. What do you offer?"

zylodrizzt
2017-06-23, 08:17 PM
Is that all? rengore drags his pitchers and roast back and begins eating again. Templars have magic tath has magic pal has magic. What's the big deal? he says mouth full.

Luccan
2017-06-24, 01:56 PM
Larson puts a hand to his chin, thinking. I think, if we're going to keep sticking our necks out, we should have some assurance that it's worth it for us. He glances at the book, studying it's cover These friends of yours... Can they offer us anything for keeping you safe? We're working men... and bugs. Risking our lives for free isn't our business.

Evil_Goblin
2017-06-24, 05:13 PM
She takes a long moment to think of a response...

I can ask when I see them...
I don't see it being a problem. They might even offer you a job or two if your willing to help us.

Luccan
2017-06-24, 06:31 PM
Larson looks at the others We seem to already be up to our necks in it. If there's a reward in it, I'm in. I wouldn't blame anyone for backing off from this though

zylodrizzt
2017-06-25, 01:13 PM
I'll help too. Not just cause Lars will but also cause the lady seems like she need some help.

LarsWester
2017-06-26, 09:47 AM
Rengore there is a difference in types of magic. Before I offer my assistance to you mysterious lady how stained is your soul with the corruption of this land. Have you know that if I witness your drawing of power from anything around us I shall end it as swiftly as I can. The halfling seems to draw himself up to his full height of 3' -9" as he threatens the strange female magic user.

PeacefulOak
2017-06-26, 11:52 AM
Tatho shakes their head. "If it defiles it dies, this is obvious. We protect this female then? Let it be done then. Where do you go, female?"

BelGareth
2017-06-27, 10:10 AM
Thak'rit merely bobs his assent.

He was watching, and learning, this female was strange, and claimed to be a magic user? It seemed wrong, strange, and all he had heard of magic was evil, how could this small woman practice it?

He clicked his mandibles, irritated that this new world was so....discomforting.