PDA

View Full Version : Favored Souls, except less favored than clerics apparently

80sSkeletor
2017-06-08, 01:39 AM
So, me and my group have been discussing which classes are best for which campaigns we have going on, when we thought of how underwhelming Favored Souls are. Unfortunately the DM keeps the books to himself and the library to look through would take way too much time. Hoping anyone can remember a class like this within the vast knowledge of Giantitp, otherwise gonna House Rule it. They are called Favored Souls afterall.

Zombulian
2017-06-08, 02:05 AM
So, me and my group have been discussing which classes are best for which campaigns we have going on, when we thought of how underwhelming Favored Souls are. Unfortunately the DM keeps the books to himself and the library to look through would take way too much time. Hoping anyone can remember a class like this within the vast knowledge of Giantitp, otherwise gonna House Rule it. They are called Favored Souls afterall.

...What are you asking for exactly?

ATHATH
2017-06-08, 02:07 AM
The Favored Soul is in Complete Divine (near the beginning of it, IIRC).

80sSkeletor
2017-06-08, 02:09 AM
God I suck at these... Basically Favored Soul + Domain Spells

Zombulian
2017-06-08, 02:11 AM

Either the Spontaneous Cleric variant from Unearthed Arcana, the Mystic from Dragonlance, or the Evangelist from Dragon Magazine.

Jormengand
2017-06-08, 02:12 AM
Spontaneous cleric (UA)? Favoured Soul with the Bonus Domain (ELH) feat?

gkathellar
2017-06-08, 07:53 AM
Dragon 311, Evangelist.

BWR
2017-06-08, 07:55 AM
See if you can use Pathfinder's Oracle (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedPlayersGuide/baseClasses/oracle.html)instead

Grod_The_Giant
2017-06-08, 08:14 AM
Ta-da. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm) (The Spontaneous Cleric mentioned; by far the least obscure variant that does what you want)