PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Slivers!

Ormsbygore
2017-06-08, 04:38 PM
I've been working on a 5e Sliver Supplement. My progress has grown a bit stagnant as of late. So I wanted to share what I've got with a new audience.

I haven't read through them all yet, but I noticed there are a few older threads about slivers from past editions.

I'll get right to the contents. I've got 48 slivers fleshed out and ready for a fight, mostly classics with a few new ones and a couple that are unique to D&D. I've broken them down into 4 categories Lesser (CR 1/4 - 2), Evolved (CR 1 - 4), Greater (CR 12 - 30), and Construct (CR 1 - 12).

I still have a TON to work on.

Let me know what you guys think. (Spreading out posts, cause it's been forever since I posted here...and don't have enough to post a link to the Doc yet)

Ormsbygore
2017-06-08, 04:39 PM
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
Sliver Drone

Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
Sliver Broodling

Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Acidic Sliver
Armor Sliver
Blur Sliver
Clot Sliver
Constricting Sliver
Crypt Sliver
Metallic Sliver
Muscle Sliver
Rust Sliver
Shadow Sliver
Sidewinder Sliver
Sliver Solider
Winged Sliver

Challenge 2 (450 XP)
Battering Sliver
Flowstone Sliver
Fury Sliver
Magma Sliver
Mistform Sliver
Oozing Sliver
Psionic Sliver
Sliver Harbinger
Spinneret Sliver
Synapse Sliver
Toxin Sliver
Vampiric Sliver

Challenge 3 (700 XP)
Composite Sliver
Crystilline Sliver
Diffusion Sliver
Essence Sliver
Firewake Sliver
Mindwhip Sliver
Opaline Sliver
Reflex Sliver
Spectral Sliver

Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
Brood Sliver
Changling Sliver
Darkheart Sliver
Eyestalk Sliver
Lurking Sliver
Tenser's Sliver
Two-Headed Sliver

Challenge 12 (8,400 XP)
Sliver Engine
Sliver Hivelord

Challenge 14 (11,500 XP)
Sliver Overlord

Challenge 16 (15,000 XP)
Sliver Queen

Challenge 30 (155,000 XP)
Sliver Legion

Ormsbygore
2017-06-08, 04:40 PM
Hive auras are unique abilities that certain slivers have and share with other slivers through their connection to the hive.

Acidic Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Acid Spit attack action.

Armor Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain resistance to non-magical bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

Battering Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Trampling Charge trait.

Blur Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain +10 movement speed. (The bonus from this hive aura may stack to a maximum bonus of +30)

Brood Sliver Whenever another friendly sliver within 60 feet deals 15 or more damage to a creatures in a single turn, roll a d20. On a roll of 20, this sliver can use its Spawn Broodling ability as a reaction.

Clot Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Hive Regeneration feature.

Constricting Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Constrict attack action.

Crypt Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet learn the Spare the Dying cantrip, and can cast it as a 1st level spell caster using Intelligence as their spellcasting ability.

Crystalline Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet have advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Darkheart Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet learn the Hive Offering reaction.

Diffusion Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Diffuse Spell feature.

Essence Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Essence of the Hive feature.

Eyestalk Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet sprout two eyestalks, and gain the Eye Rays action.

Firewake Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the ability to inately cast the Green-Flame Blade cantrip at will, and can cast it as a 5th level spell, with a spell save DC of 13.

Fury Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet grow a second Talon and gain the Multiattack action. The sliver can now make two talon attacks, using the attack action. If it already has the Multiattack action, it can now make one additional attack. (The bonus from this hive aura may stack to a maximum of twice. Granting Multiattack and one additional attack, or two additional attacks)

Lurking Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Subterranean Spikes action, and use their Talon damage instead.

Magma Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet learn the Erupting Blast reaction.

Mindwhip Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Mindwhip feature.

Mistform Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Shapechanger, Adhesive, and False Appearance traits. Also, their Talon attack gains the following: On Hit: If the sliver is in object form, the target is subjected to its Adhesive trait.

Muscle Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls, and +1 to AC. (The bonus from this hive aura may stack to a maximum bonus of +5)

Opaline Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Shimmering Crest trait, and the ability to inately cast the Light cantrip at will, with a duration of 1 minute and a spell save DC of 13.

Oozing Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Split reaction.

Psionic Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Etherial Talon feature.

Reflex Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain advantage on Dexterity saving throws, and gain an additional action on each of its turns. That action can be used only to take the Attack (one weapon attack only), Dash, Disengage, or Hide action. (The bonus from this Hive Aura does not stack)

Rust Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Rust Metal feature, and the Corrosive Touch action.

Shadow Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Darkness Aura feature.

Sidewinder Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Hive Tactics feature.

Sliver Engine All other friendly construct slivers within 60 feet gain the ability to inately cast the Lightning Lure cantrip at will, and can cast it as a 5th level spell, with a spell save DC of 13.

Sliver Hivelord All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Reactive Carapace trait.

Spectral Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Incorporialness and Incorporial Movement traits.

Spinneret Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Spider Climb feature and Web action.

Synapse Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Mind Stab attack action.

Toxin Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet Talon attack now becomes poisonious. It gains: On Hit: The target must make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw, taking 7 (2d6) poison damage + 1 poison damage for every sliver within 30 feet on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Two-Headed Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Multiple Heads and Reactive Heads traits, grow a second head, and maximum hit point total is increased by 10 hit points. Slivers that gain Multiple Heads in this way have a maximum of two heads.

Vampiric Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet gain the Vampiric Attacks trait.

Winged Sliver All other friendly slivers within 60 feet sprout wings, and gain a fly speed of 30 feet.

Ormsbygore
2017-06-08, 04:41 PM
...and Finally here it a link to the live document

The Hive - Live Homebrewry Document (PDF download available) (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BklgpS3Sx)

:biggrin:

Cheers