PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What would you make if you were statting up a recently resurrected child?

Galacktic
2017-06-09, 12:57 AM
So, backstory: My Dread Necromancer recently completed her quest to resurrect her little sister, using an Efreeti's wish effect and in the process, she and the party bound the Efreti to protect her and raise her with all of his might until the DN comes back to get her in a year or two.

This is the short version, but these are the key things to know:

Sister was killed in an attack upon the DN's family's manor when both were children. Their father - a lich - was smote to death and the sister killed in the crossfire, while the DN nearly died. Soon after that, the DN resurrected her sister as a zombie in secret and has been keeping her maintained for the past 10-12 years while searching for a way to resurrect her.

The Efreeti - unbeknownst to the party - kept his powers as a Efreeti. Including the 3/day Wish.

And finally, the Efreeti is bound by the wish to stay where they were sent via the wish, so they won't do much traveling.

The girl is about 7-8 years old, mentally, and hasn't progressed past the day of her death. My DM wants me to stat her up, level 8, for a bonus session - but I'm not sure what I wanna do for her! I feel like it has to be a spontaneous caster, given that she's a child and hasn't had the time or training for anything martial or prepared caster-wise, and she explicitly hadn't begun training in Necromancy like her sister did before she died. So I'm crossing off DN.

I have a few ideas: A Favored Soul (which isn't optimal) or a Mystic, or maybe seeing how the DM feels about the Pathfinder Oracle. I'm open to a lot though so long as it makes sense.

Another big thing is alignment - the girl is very firmly NG, which crosses out a lot of stuff. So, what are everyone's thoughts? Don't worry about stats or anything yet, those have yet to be rolled, and no she won't have the child template or anything.

E: Another thought I had was something Psionic, but the DM is iffier on those - he just doesn't like the flavor most of the time.
E2: Properly named the creature! Efreeti, not Djinn. Djinn is still accurate, but Efreeti is specific.

Gildedragon
2017-06-09, 01:10 AM
Honestly: Commoner
No reason for levels

But to keep genie from being a hassle: Sha'ir and the genie is the Gen familiar. Fluffed as the genie's aid being giving her tools Rogelio herself: ie spells.
The diplomacy check is Towards the genie to convince them to let her cast the spell

Galacktic
2017-06-09, 01:19 AM
Honestly: Commoner
No reason for levels

But to keep genie from being a hassle: Sha'ir and the genie is the Gen familiar. Fluffed as the genie's aid being giving her tools Rogelio herself: ie spells.
The diplomacy check is Towards the genie to convince them to let her cast the spell

I'd honestly agree about the class levels, but I may as well go all out with this one since the DM wants to. Sha'ir is interesting though, something I'd definitely run through my head a coupl'a times.

Lazymancer
2017-06-09, 01:39 AM
The girl is about 7-8 years old, mentally, and hasn't progressed past the day of her death. My DM wants me to stat her up, level 8, for a bonus session - but I'm not sure what I wanna do for her!
Has there been some brain bleach involved in the decision-making process? Pre-teen kids don't get that many levels, you know. The highest-level kid I can remember is that Eberron child-prophet (11 y.o.) that was power-leveled by both inquisition and couatl ghosts - and she was Cleric 3. And Io'lokar is too retarded to exist.

*grumble**grumble*

Another big thing is alignment - the girl is very firmly NG, which crosses out a lot of stuff. So, what are everyone's thoughts? Don't worry about stats or anything yet, those have yet to be rolled, and no she won't have the child template or anything.
I'd give her one level. Given high-level papa's attempts at education - Expert 1, with UMD being class skill. Maybe class level. One.

If your GM insists on being obnoxious: Spirit Shaman (I'm not familiar with Sha'ir enough to suggest it; seems too fiddly) for some necromanc-ey feeling, but not quite there.

Alternatively: Binder, Warlock, or Bard.