PDA

View Full Version : Belkar would love Lycanthropy

Draak
2007-08-03, 09:27 PM
I think that Belkar would love contracting lycanthropy. It would add hit dice, +2 to an ability, enhanced senses, and so on. The only "downside" might be an alignment change, but considering his alignment anyway, as long as it was not a good lycanthrope that bit him it would still be win-win (from his point of view).

What would throw him for a loop, though, would be the +2 to wisdom. He did not particularly enjoy his wisdom increase when V hit him with Owl's Wisdom.

Geilan
2007-08-03, 10:06 PM
Werewolf is Chaotic Evil, isn't it?

Arcane_Secrets
2007-08-03, 10:27 PM
Werewolf is Chaotic Evil, isn't it?

Yes, it is...so it really wouldn't be an alignment change for him.

Krytha
2007-08-03, 10:30 PM
I'm against it since I hate it when good things happen to bad people.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-08-03, 10:30 PM
What would throw him for a loop, though, would be the +2 to wisdom. He did not particularly enjoy his wisdom increase when V hit him with Owl's Wisdom.

He enjoyed it while he had it, but it wasn't until it was over that he rejected the insights.

Jasdoif
2007-08-03, 10:45 PM
Lycanthropy? Ouch. The +2 LA and generally sad animal hit dice put a real damper on levelling. The general difficulty in controlling your own shape is a downer too. And if the animal is bigger then he is, he can't even use his daggers when in hybrid form.

I'm not so sure he'd enjoy it.

bluish_wolf
2007-08-03, 11:08 PM
Lycanthropy? Ouch. The +2 LA and generally sad animal hit dice put a real damper on levelling. The general difficulty in controlling your own shape is a downer too. And if the animal is bigger then he is, he can't even use his daggers when in hybrid form.

I'm not so sure he'd enjoy it.

Would you even need to use daggers if you were a werewolf? Just bite people.

Jasdoif
2007-08-03, 11:38 PM
Would you even need to use daggers if you were a werewolf? Just bite people.Belkar's into two-weapon fighting, though. Can't use those feats with a bite or claws.

lokycat
2007-08-04, 12:27 AM
OMG, he would LOVE it.

Never mind the ECL or LA, ic a comic, if anything it would give Rich a chance to make Belkar pissed off wen everyone els Lvs except him.:smallbiggrin:

He got all emotional wen he knew about barbarian class. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0132.html)

He would love being able to turn in to a werewolf and probably lift his leg and urinate on the first person he saw.:smallamused:

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-04, 01:08 AM
I can see it now, Belkar hears about lycanthropy and becomes determined to get bitten by a werewolf! He finally finds a cult of werewolves and it plays out something like this strip: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0194.html

:belkar: :smallsmile: Awesome! I finally found werewolves! Savagery and animal ferocity, here I come!
:belkar: *walks up to a couple werewolves* Could you bite me?
Werewolf: Um, sorry, dude, we don't... do that.
Werewolf 2: Yeah, we're pulling in enough new recruits as it is by terrorizing the three nearby towns, if we give everyone who walks by The Gift, we'd be overflowing.
:belkar: :smallmad: What the hell are you talking about?! Just sink your fangs into my arm and I'll never bug you again!
Werewolf 1: :smallannoyed: I don't think you get it. If we give you The Gift, you need to join us, or we'll... take it from you, if you catch my drift.
Werewolf 2: We don't let people leave after we give it to them.
Werewolf 1: Right, and since we don't particularly want you to stay...
:belkar: :smallannoyed: Oh. I see how it is. *moves forward in a blur*
:belkar: :smallfurious: BITE ME OR I'LL CUT OFF YOUR HEAD! *puts his dagger to Werewolf 2's throat, dangling from his ear or something*
Werewolf 2: :smalleek: GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!
:belkar: :smallfurious: LAST CHANCE, MAN! BITE ME!
Werewolf 1: :smalleek: Holy crap! Aren't halflings supposed to be jolly?!
:belkar: :smallfurious: NOT THIS ONE! *stabs Werewolf 1 in the chest and badly injures him. Stabs Werewolf 2 in the shoulder* LAST CHANCE!
Werewolf 1: :smalleek: Just go with it dude!
Werewolf 2: :smallmad: FINE! *bites Belkar*
:belkar: :smallfurious: YOU *******! YOU BIT ME! *kills them both at the same time*
:belkar: Wait... he bit me...
:belkar: :smallbiggrin: I'm a werewolf! Yes!
:belkar: :smallfurious: I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR, COOKING, AND LYCANTHROPY!

Arnen
2007-08-04, 01:14 AM
With his size, he'd probably end up more like a werepuppy... which would probably piss him off. :smallbiggrin:

theinsulabot
2007-08-04, 02:52 AM
he would spend a fortune on razors

Ithekro
2007-08-04, 02:56 AM
Being a werepuppy would piss him off, and that would only fuel his rage.

Icewalker
2007-08-04, 04:37 AM
Werepuppy...that's awesome. I'm off to MitP book now. Werepuppy *snicker*

That'd be awesome if Belkar became a werepuppy.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-04, 06:50 AM
With Belkar's luck, he will try to get bitten by a werewolf, and end up bitten by the pack leader: a werepoodle.

:smalleek:

ChowGuy
2007-08-04, 07:14 AM
With his size, he'd probably end up more like a werepuppy... which would probably piss him off. :smallbiggrin:

:belkar: Not what I had in mind.
:thog: But Thog like puppies.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-04, 11:00 AM
I am now making a werepuppy template, im gunna try and play it in my friends campaign.

lokycat
2007-08-04, 11:23 AM
Hed be a warewolf but the thing that will piss him of the most is that he is small so he would look like a puppy.

:belkar::smallamused: *grrrrr*
:elan::smallbiggrin: Ahhh, look, how cute.
:belkar::smallannoyed:
:elan::smallsmile: Look Haley, a puppy.
:belkar::smallfurious:
:haley::smalltongue: Ahh, how cute(knowing is Belkar), Elan, can I pet him?
:belkar::smallfurious::smallfurious:
:elan::smallconfused: I dont know, I dont know were his owner is.
:elan::smallsigh: ANYONE LOOSE A PUPPY??!!
:haley::smalltongue: is ok, he seems harmless enough, *goes to pet Belkar*.
:belkar::smallannoyed: *Points a dagger towards Haley* If you touch me Mark or no Mark ill cut your hand of.
:haley::smallbiggrin: *Calls his bluff, and pets Belkar* He is soooo cute!!!
:elan::smallsigh: *clueless and still looking for the owner of the puppy*ANYONE LOSE A PUPPY??!!
:haley::smallbiggrin: *petting Belkar*
:belkar::smallfurious:

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-04, 11:45 AM
You guys are mean! :smallamused:

factotum
2007-08-04, 04:39 PM
Nah, if we were mean we'd say Belkar should get Lycanthropy in a way that happened in Jack Vance's "The River of Dancing Gods" series--basically, when the lycanthropy triggers, he turns into whatever creature is closest to him at the time. Belkar spending a night as an exact copy of V, now THAT would be mean. :smallsmile:

Kesnit
2007-08-04, 09:55 PM
Nah, if we were mean we'd say Belkar should get Lycanthropy in a way that happened in Jack Vance's "The River of Dancing Gods" series--basically, when the lycanthropy triggers, he turns into whatever creature is closest to him at the time. Belkar spending a night as an exact copy of V, now THAT would be mean. :smallsmile:

But at least he would then know V's gender.

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-05, 01:26 AM
Here's hoping Belkar becomes a werepidgeon, wereduck or weretrout. That seems like a good punishmunt for him. He would also change at 12 PM and revert back into normal halfling form at 6 PM. That ought to piss him off, right?

Otto-Sieve
2007-08-05, 01:33 AM
This is sorta like Thibbledorf Pwent running around chasing the Were-wolf Harpell, Bidderdoo, yelling "BITE ME!" :smallsmile:

TheAlmightyOne
2007-08-07, 12:21 PM
Belkar becoming a werepuppy. Thog likes puppies... Were-thog! Joy! Thog became even more destructive!

Hell Puppi
2007-08-08, 01:55 AM
*coughes*

I believe I've cornered the niche market on cute, fuzzy doom....but an angry belkar wolf-puppy would be both hilarious and cute.

Alex Warlorn
2007-08-08, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I think The Dungeon Master KNOWING what the halfling killer would do is LIKELY the reason that The Order hasn't encountered any werebeasts.

Ironically, if Belkar was bitten by a good alinged were-beast, the rest of the party who are good alinged, would be under an obligation to cure him: since the curse BRAINWASHES it's victim to think the way the curse WANTS them to think, and thus is a violation of Belkar's free will (there is a difference between respecting someone's free will, and making sure they race the conciquences of their choices).

I had a natural born were-beast killed and Reincarnated in my campaign world once, and since the curse couldn't carry over to the new body, she was wondering "Where is the Voice? How can I know what to do without the voice?!" The voice being of course the curse.

Still, I doubt were wolves would object to biting Belkar, since wanting to spread the curse, is also part of the brain washing that the curse includes.

PaladinFreak
2007-08-08, 08:26 AM
Still, I doubt were wolves would object to biting Belkar, since wanting to spread the curse, is also part of the brain washing that the curse includes.

This is OotS though, and it is so much funnier this way.

Leliel
2007-08-08, 08:23 PM
Yeah, he would love lycanthropy...

Unless it was a werebear.
:belkar: Ackk, the urge is coming upon me again...WHY ME? *sobs as he uses ressurect scroll on paladin and other party member*

:wink:

PlasticSoldier
2007-08-08, 10:36 PM
Fortunately being a werebear can be cured

The Extinguisher
2007-08-08, 10:53 PM
Oh god, the comedy from Belkar becoming a werepuppy.
That's too awesome for it not to happen.

:belkar: Sweet, I'm a werewolf. Now I can kill people and be vicious and... you know, I don't feel all that different.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/FlameMasterAxel/werebelkar.gif
:belkar: What a gyp.

Kjata
2007-08-09, 12:49 AM
But at least he would then know V's gender.

:belkar: *Examines self* Well that answers that. This really sucks though.
*Looks at audience* WHat the hell do you want? Im seriously friggin suffering here, you dont get to benefit from MY damn misery!:smallfurious: *flips off audience*

:smallbiggrin: