View Full Version : A Barbarian Rage & a Mystics Disaplines

sightlessrealit
2017-06-10, 12:10 AM
So I'd like both a RAW & a RAI answer to this question. Please do not say well UA Content was not made with multi classing in mind. I already know this.

Now as you have probably already gathered my question is.

If you multi classed as both a Mystic and a Barbarian, if you were Raging would you be able to use your Psionic Disciplines abilities. I know they aren't spells by the way. Regardless of the spells bit what about the ones that require concentration?

Ralanr
2017-06-10, 12:18 AM
Concentration, no matter if it's magic or disciplines, cannot be used while in rage (think of rage as a massive concentration spell that only barbarians get).

Honestly it sucks imo because Barbarians have so little synergy with any class that isn't a martial. I can't make a mystic barbarian whose mind is a storm of fury that shatters his enemies.

sightlessrealit
2017-06-10, 07:33 AM
Concentration, no matter if it's magic or disciplines, cannot be used while in rage (think of rage as a massive concentration spell that only barbarians get).

Honestly it sucks imo because Barbarians have so little synergy with any class that isn't a martial. I can't make a mystic barbarian whose mind is a storm of fury that shatters his enemies.

Hmm, that's interesting. What about the first part of my question?

Sir cryosin
2017-06-10, 08:00 AM
Mystic I classified as a magic caster so they follow the rules a of a caster. So I'm AFB but I believe the barbarian can't cast spell while raging so you can't use mystic stuff.

Ralanr
2017-06-10, 01:12 PM
Hmm, that's interesting. What about the first part of my question?

I might have misread this, but if swapping stances is considered an spell cast than Barbarians cannot do that within rage either.

sightlessrealit
2017-06-10, 02:03 PM
I might have misread this, but if swapping stances is considered an spell cast than Barbarians cannot do that within rage either.
Well, I believe by RAW Discipline abilities aren't spells. But that's pretty much what this thread is about.