PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Using Hero Lab & Customizing classes

Dezea
2017-06-10, 06:27 AM
Hello !

Playing right now Seers of the drowned city, I quite foresee one of my player wanting to go the Master of Storm (Storm Kindlers) road. And if that prestige class is full of flavor indeed, she is quite lacking in power, and I wouldn't want one of my player weakening too hard his character for RP purpose.

So here come the problem : I think that making the Stormkindler a 9/10 CL class would pretty much fix all my issues with it. That being said, we all use Hero Lab, and i'm not exactly an expert with it. I know that you can't edit classes anymore (It's locked), and I was wondering if, by any chance, anyone here would have done the hard work of re-building the storm kindler, and would be willing to share his work.

If not, I'm really willing to take any advice on how to do it !

Thanks a lot,
Dez

EldritchWeaver
2017-06-10, 08:59 AM
The very least you can do is to copy the class in the editor and do the required changes. Effectively this means, that you open HL a second time and then copy by hand everything from the original. Using a second instance is easier because then you can see how the original works and don't need to save the file every time you switch to the original. Never tried to change the spell progression myself, so you need to look yourself. Otherwise, HL has its own forums, where someone might know more.

Firest Kathon
2017-06-10, 12:25 PM
The Hero Lab Forums can be found here (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10) and have some members who are very knowledgable about editing.