PDA

View Full Version : Pistolero

Afrodactyl
2017-06-10, 10:59 AM
So, I've come up with an idea for a character who is basically the classic cowboy/gunslinger, but firing off cantrips and spells from finger pistols rather than actual pistols. Preferably EB/scorching Ray/other multi shot blasty spells because he could make multiple shots at higher levels rather than a single stronger attack).

So far, the best I've come up with is a warlock. But basically every other character I use is a warlock. The next best I could think of was a Bard (for that devilish charm) with magic initiate Warlock for EB.

Can anyone offer any more suggestions?

Unoriginal
2017-06-10, 11:14 AM
Take Rogue levels, maybe?

Or High Elf for the cantrip, then Rogue?

lunaticfringe
2017-06-10, 11:23 AM
At least 2 levels of lock seem like the easiest way to go about this. If finger guns is your main thing you want agonizing blast. You can then Multiclass as you see fit.

Also Sun Soul Monk could work but that comes online at 3 and you don't get other spells.

Sir cryosin
2017-06-10, 01:38 PM
So, I've come up with an idea for a character who is basically the classic cowboy/gunslinger, but firing off cantrips and spells from finger pistols rather than actual pistols. Preferably EB/scorching Ray/other multi shot blasty spells because he could make multiple shots at higher levels rather than a single stronger attack).

So far, the best I've come up with is a warlock. But basically every other character I use is a warlock. The next best I could think of was a Bard (for that devilish charm) with magic initiate Warlock for EB.

Can anyone offer any more suggestions?

Ahh yes the spellslinging cowboy. You can take 2levels of warlock for EB , agonizing blast, Eldredge spear. So you now have a d10+Cha with a range of 300ft go vhuman pick up spell sniper now your range is 600ft. You start as Sorcerer for con saves. So at character levels 3 you have 2 warlock 1 Sorcerer. Take Sorcerer rest of the way pick up meta magic quicken and distance so you can cast eb and scorching ray in the same turn your EB can shoot 1200ft away two if you want.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-06-10, 01:42 PM
So far, the best I've come up with is a warlock. But basically every other character I use is a warlock.

The only way to do this is with Warlock, I'm afraid.

That said, we have a Gunslinger (http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/02/gunslinger.html) class that might interest you!

Naanomi
2017-06-10, 01:45 PM
I was more of an 'eldritch sniper' and has rogue in this but... if you are not as concerned about being sneaky, perhaps a Sorcerer 1/Warlock 2/Sorcerer +7/Fighter 2/Sorcerer +8? Use the bigger ray spells, but focused on eldritch blasting folks 2-3 times a round?

We have a halfling hand-crossbow using 'gunslinger' in our party, battlemaster; dishes out a ton of damage

Honest Tiefling
2017-06-10, 01:51 PM
A real pistolero doesn't need to fire off fancy-dancy spells, they use a real weapon! Perhaps try to use a crossbow and have spells to make sure that Bianca your crossbow is in good shape and you can always find your mark and to protect yourself. A wizard/fighter mix with archery could be interesting.

And for reference... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MpRpLiQeiI)

Arkhios
2017-06-10, 03:13 PM
we have a Gunslinger (http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/02/gunslinger.html) class that might interest you!

First of all, sorry for an off-topic post.

This looks really good and I might implement it into my post-apocalyptic campaign

Hypersmith
2017-06-11, 04:07 PM
I played with someone who did something similar by dipping warlock and "shooting" eldritch blasts.