PDA

View Full Version : So what do you think Cave Fisher blood tastes like?

CrackedChair
2017-06-11, 05:11 AM
5th edition D&D's Volo's guide to monsters describes it being just like alcohol, so dwarves and some underdark inhabitants hunt them in order to get their blood. But what do you think it tastes like?

NecroDancer
2017-06-11, 02:27 PM
A mix between Slaad's sweat and Mindflayer tears. Basically it's like if you had griffon meat that was seasoned with dragon scales.

Blackhawk748
2017-06-11, 02:34 PM
Probably like a pigs blood cocktail.

Lvl 2 Expert
2017-06-11, 02:42 PM
Like a Bloody Mary.

With some extra wasabi.

sktarq
2017-06-11, 03:03 PM
It has a distinct aftertaste. Like a penny on your tongue. Hemocyanin can do that. the alcohol based/soluble thinning agents are what people are really after. . . and the Blue Curacao colour of course which makes it so popular (and you can't kill the penny taste without killing the color).

It also has a moderate saltiness and strong Umami flavor.

Just guessing. :smallwink:

Kantaki
2017-06-11, 03:06 PM
Vanilla Pudding.:smallwink:

Keltest
2017-06-11, 03:14 PM
Like burning. Possibly with a little dissolving too.

Deophaun
2017-06-11, 03:27 PM
It tastes like peppermint schnapps mixed with Red Bull and bleach.

Edgeoftheabbys
2017-06-11, 07:55 PM
I'd say that it has a strong Corey taste with a lingering burning sensation.

GungHo
2017-06-12, 10:27 AM
Disaronno .

ATHATH
2017-06-12, 01:04 PM
Man, this forum has the best out-of-context thread titles.

dps
2017-06-12, 06:21 PM
Mis-read the thread title as "So what do you think Carrie Fisher's blood tastes like?" and thought, "What a horrible, disrespectful topic." Then I looked again.

Blackhawk748
2017-06-12, 07:28 PM
Mis-read the thread title as "So what do you think Carrie Fisher's blood tastes like?" and thought, "What a horrible, disrespectful topic." Then I looked again.

Honestly, i think she would have found it funny, just going by what she wanted her obituary to read.

CrackedChair
2017-06-12, 07:30 PM
Honestly, i think she would have found it funny, just going by what she wanted her obituary to read.

Oh god, that sounds so wrong when misread. I am sorry!

Slipperychicken
2017-06-14, 06:57 AM
Like those lobsters that grow way too large and have much less concentrated flavor than normal ones.

Just make sure you don't accidentally eat any of the adhesive without preparing it properly. Your insides will suffer terribly in that case.

JeenLeen
2017-06-14, 08:00 AM
Did Start Trek ever go into what the Klingon's blood wine tastes like?

I think I heard that some humans drank a mixture of horse blood and another liquid (milk, I think for some reason, but can't remember). Maybe the Mongol hordes (like back when it was Khans and the Golden Horde and such). My memory is rather foggy, though, so I might be mixing some stuff not from history books.

I haven't read the Volo book, but unless this is an aberration or has acid blood or something else to make its blood particularly abnormal, I'd reckon it would taste like a drink made of normal blood tastes. Perhaps some extra 'bite' to it since it has alcohol in it (or some chemical that works similar to alcohol, but I figure if it's similar enough in effect it would have a similar taste (not exactly a logical assumption.))

sktarq
2017-06-14, 10:48 AM
The thing is with the blood people do consume. Horse blood, The Masai living on cow blood etc is that it is mammal blood. Cave fishers are not mammals. Which I why I went for something more like a horseshoe crab blood effect. Mammal - he'll vertebrate- blood will be more similar to each other than anything outside the group. So real world examples are less helpfull. Thus the DM can go wild.

goto124
2017-06-15, 10:49 AM
I went for something more like a horseshoe crab blood effect.

Does it detect harmful bacteria too? (http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a26038/the-blood-of-the-crab/)

Lvl 2 Expert
2017-06-15, 10:56 AM
The thing is with the blood people do consume. Horse blood, The Masai living on cow blood etc is that it is mammal blood. Cave fishers are not mammals. Which I why I went for something more like a horseshoe crab blood effect. Mammal - he'll vertebrate- blood will be more similar to each other than anything outside the group. So real world examples are less helpfull. Thus the DM can go wild.

Well, to be honest, as long as your players aren't actually masai the DM can go wild anyway. :smallbiggrin:

The secret of blood sausage is to cook it long enough for the flavor of freshly picked boogerflowers to wear off.