PDA

View Full Version : How would contested control weather spells work in Pathfinder?

ajp1011
2017-06-11, 01:35 PM
So I'm running a Pathfinder game in which we have a druid who can cast control weather (specifically it's an item with a single use of control weather per day CL 13). The party is currently in an area which is under the effects of another caster's control weather... How would it work if the druid tried to use their control weather spell to change the weather from that which the other caster has created?

My instinct says to make a contested caster level check and the winner gains control.

That also brings up a question of overlapping areas and how that would work in this case.

I'm having trouble finding any RAW regarding this topic... any help would be appreciated.

P.S. The opposing caster happens to be a Wendigo. The Wendigo has not engaged the party yet, he's simply trying to wear them down over the course of a few nights by keeping up the punishing weather and hitting the casters with nightmare to prevent them regaining their spells, if that matters.