PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ways to negate/diminish Fortification

heavyfuel
2017-06-11, 04:04 PM
Is there a way to negate or diminish the effectiveness of Fortification (Light, Medium, or Heavy)?

I asked it on the Q&A Thread, but it's best to make a proper post for it considering the answers I got :smallbiggrin:

A 296 Not that I'm aware of.

A296: That's too broad a question. Anything that forces a re-roll can help here, as could Anatomical Savant.

Florian
2017-06-11, 04:16 PM
The feat Anatomical Savant reduces any kind of percentile crit chance negation by 25%. Dispelling the armor is always an option, a sunder/cleave combo will also do the trick.

heavyfuel
2017-06-11, 04:37 PM
The feat Anatomical Savant reduces any kind of percentile crit chance negation by 25%. Dispelling the armor is always an option, a sunder/cleave combo will also do the trick.

You had mentioned that. Where can I find this feat? Is it in the pfsrd?

Florian
2017-06-11, 04:39 PM
You had mentioned that. Where can I find this feat? Is it in the pfsrd?

http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Anatomical%20Savant

heavyfuel
2017-06-11, 04:43 PM
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Anatomical%20Savant

Is this website official at all? :smallconfused:

Florian
2017-06-11, 04:57 PM
Is this website official at all? :smallconfused:

Same as any OGL site and in many ways better than d20pfsrd.

heavyfuel
2017-06-11, 05:01 PM
Same as any OGL site and in many ways better than d20pfsrd.

Really? In what ways is it better?

Slithery D
2017-06-11, 05:09 PM

Better organized, better crosslinks, no pop up ads, no editing of product identity names, etc. Historically it was also closer to 100% on pulling everything in a book, but the guy who runs it has been sick and underemployed, so there was a big dry spell that recently sort of came to an end.

Florian
2017-06-11, 05:10 PM

They don't rename stuff and it's easier to check actual books for rules content on the "source" menu point. Want to know what rules elements are in Blood of Shadows? Check the list. That's an important point as we all know that Paizo Q&A varies with the line the rules element is published in,

heavyfuel
2017-06-11, 05:25 PM
Awesome! It will definitely be nice to have this website at hand

Back on topic, Anatomical Savant seems pretty much exactly what I wanted. Just a question about it, if the creature is immune to crits, does the feat count them as having 75% chance to negate, reducing it further to 50%; or is the 75% chance already the reduced one?

Florian
2017-06-11, 05:31 PM
Awesome! It will definitely be nice to have this website at hand

Back on topic, Anatomical Savant seems pretty much exactly what I wanted. Just a question about it, if the creature is immune to crits, does the feat count them as having 75% chance to negate, reducing it further to 50%; or is the 75% chance already the reduced one?

Immunity will be reduced to 75% flat. But that, again, can be worked on, now hat the immunity is cancelled. Sorry, it's past midnight for me and I'm not fit enough to go into the details.

Psyren
2017-06-11, 07:23 PM

d20pfsrd is its own storefront (separate from Paizo), so it cannot use the "fansite" license. Thus it cannot use the product identity names from the books, which makes some things easier to find on Nethys. In addition, Nethys has more items from the adventure paths, probably because they're easier to upload when you don't have to try and change the names.