PDA

View Full Version : Extradimensional storage space spell or similar?

DBear2
2017-06-11, 08:09 PM
Hey I'm looking for a spell that will give an object almost unlimited space or has more space on the inside than from what it looks on the outside. I know bag of holding and the like but i want to be able to craft my own and possibly have a little side business in my game.

Alright so in my game the DM brought in a creature similar to one in a book he read. The creature was like a bag of holding and could move on its own. Now that i think about it, if you've seen halloween town think grandma aggie's bag. Anyway in our game it has unlimited space and a mind of its own cause every week we learn that the week before it stole whatever it can fit in its chest lit/mouth from where ever we were at that week. We call it Abobo. And Abobo only listens to our sly little ranger/rouge cause he paid it off.

My character started noticing this after a little while when Abobo wouldn't open for anybody but him. So what did i decide to do research. I know the spell animate wood can bring small wooden objects to life for rounds per level. Permanency can fix that issue. Animate wood i found is a spell in a wu jen class which i just started to multi class in. Now a druid/wu jen. Next is trying to find a spell for more space inside the object i want to use. I know. How am i going to cast some of these other spells. I have a business partner who can cast them no worries. I just need to find a spell that can increase the amount of space on the inside.

After that bring in different styles to fit various needs. For mine i would have it with me but to keep it from prying eyes i would need a little security measure. Like if somebody trys to open it without using the right spell or password you get my spell components or something to keep you from snooping.

Any help would be appreciated. Also i do have a spellcraft skill so if there isnt a spell for what im looking for could somebody give me a rundown on how to use my speelcraft to create the spell im looking for? Thanks everybody.

TallerSpine
2017-06-11, 08:19 PM
Hey I'm looking for a spell that will give an object almost unlimited space or has more space on the inside than from what it looks on the outside. I know bag of holding and the like but i want to be able to craft my own and possibly have a little side business in my game.

Alright so in my game the DM brought in a creature similar to one in a book he read. The creature was like a bag of holding and could move on its own. Now that i think about it, if you've seen halloween town think grandma aggie's bag. Anyway in our game it has unlimited space and a mind of its own cause every week we learn that the week before it stole whatever it can fit in its chest lit/mouth from where ever we were at that week. We call it Abobo. And Abobo only listens to our sly little ranger/rouge cause he paid it off.

My character started noticing this after a little while when Abobo wouldn't open for anybody but him. So what did i decide to do research. I know the spell animate wood can bring small wooden objects to life for rounds per level. Permanency can fix that issue. Animate wood i found is a spell in a wu jen class which i just started to multi class in. Now a druid/wu jen. Next is trying to find a spell for more space inside the object i want to use. I know. How am i going to cast some of these other spells. I have a business partner who can cast them no worries. I just need to find a spell that can increase the amount of space on the inside.

After that bring in different styles to fit various needs. For mine i would have it with me but to keep it from prying eyes i would need a little security measure. Like if somebody trys to open it without using the right spell or password you get my spell components or something to keep you from snooping.

Any help would be appreciated. Also i do have a spellcraft skill so if there isnt a spell for what im looking for could somebody give me a rundown on how to use my speelcraft to create the spell im looking for? Thanks everybody.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm

You can create your own demiplane, but it is of limited size.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/gate.htm

Find an uninhabited and infinite plane, choose it for your storage space. Make a Gate permanent on the opening to the magic item you create.

Ellrin
2017-06-11, 08:50 PM

If you just want to copy the sapient pearwood luggage animated storage space that's showing a marked preference for the company of Twoflower your companion ranger, I'd say you'll probably need the Craft Construct (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm) feat to create a custom construct. You'll probably want access to the secret chest (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/secretChest.htm) spell, which is what's used in the construction of bags of holding, though that isn't on the druid list (and I can't recall if it's on the wu jen list). You'll also need to have a caster level of 15 or higher if you want to be able to make it intelligent, and access to something like arcane lock (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/arcaneLock.htm) to add a sort of protection element akin to the one you want--again, not on the druid list, and I don't remember if wu jen get it.

All in all, it'd be a pretty complex item as far as working out the gp value (of which you'd need to pay half in materials during construction), so it's probably best to work with your DM directly on that, since he'll be final arbiter.

DBear2
2017-06-11, 09:06 PM
All in all, it'd be a pretty complex item as far as working out the gp value (of which you'd need to pay half in materials during construction), so it's probably best to work with your DM directly on that, since he'll be final arbiter.

I kinda figured with the gp I've been saving some up for a while now. Right now im at 20,000 gp and 6 pp. I'm also enlisted the help of my wizard friend in game with it and the help of the royal wizard.

Jowgen
2017-06-11, 09:26 PM
For the base construct, the most thematically appropriate would likely be a Packmate, from MoE p. 152. You need to craft the thing yourself, so access to Craft Construct is required, but via the rules on crafting cooperation, you can just get someone with that feat to aid you so it's provided. It's quite a good one for it's cost and HD upgrade-ability.

Now for getting it to have extradimensional space inside, the simple solution would be to just fill it with handy haversacks. I think the haversack's retrieval function and the packmate's Ready Item ability should be able to work together.

Alternatively, you might be able to convince your DM to just let you craft the chest portion of the Packmate as a nondimensional trunk (A&E), which is afaik the most extradimensional storage you can get outside of an Enveloping Pit, though there might be some other variations.

cagemarrow
2017-06-11, 10:14 PM
I'm a big fan of adding a shrink item effect in with the construction of extra dimensional storage. Multiplies the carrying capacity by 4000. Adds approximately 15k go to the market cost per the recommended item creation charts in the DMG. Personally I make sure the item would normally fit in the bag opening before it gets shrunk.