PDA

View Full Version : I would like to end an adventuring career by...

CrackedChair
2017-06-11, 11:02 PM
...being a mother.

I got a bit too attached to that Human Fighter I've been rambling on for quite some time. I thought the only way I can truly have a happy ending, for a while, is by taking up motherhood.

I posted a bit about a theme of love in D&D, and how to approach it, and thus I decided to have my PC have a relationship with an NPC.

This... even compared to most questions I have already asked, must already be pretty weird, but there is a great deal of justification behind it. I mean, she is carrying a baby, she honestly should not be fighting anyways for fear of a miscarriage. But if she does carry one, she would know she'd have to quit so she can care for it.

So, how shall I play this out?

Basement Cat
2017-06-12, 12:14 AM
I hope you have a stronghold with a thousand or so magical wards built into it because chances are your DM (should) may use your baby as an excuse for further adventures.

1. Oh, your baby was kidnapped! Find and save it!
2. Your baby seems to have suffered crib death. No, really!
3. BTW, it appears that your NPC spouse wasn't the baby's real father.
4. Okay, you now have to role play parenthood starting with changing diapers....

Corran
2017-06-12, 01:11 AM
It's a good way (imo) to set up another character for an upcoming campaign (that will take place in the same game-world). Probably also best done when the campaign is in its last stages too (downtime of 1-2 years mandatory), before you jump into the final ''chapter''. Works best if the baby never got to meet mom, and learns bit by bit stuff about her (your previous char) as that new campaign unfolds (playing with the grown-up ''baby'' as your character).

1. Oh, your baby was kidnapped! Find and save it!
Reoccuring villain comes back by kidnapping the PC's child, to force a final confrontation (helps if you choose the Colosseum as the fighting ground:smalltongue:)
''If you win tonight Jack, you'll get to meet your son. And if not..... I'll raise him as my own'' -Double Team (yeah, ofc it is a stupid movie, sue me!:smallamused:)

I got a bit too attached to that Human Fighter I've been rambling on for quite some time. I thought the only way I can truly have a happy ending, for a while, is by taking up motherhood.
Dont discount having your character turn into an undead (of the non-stupid variety; I'd go with a wight). Take confort that this specific character is still a part of the world even when you start the next campaign. And who knows, you might meet it...

Unoriginal
2017-06-12, 03:51 AM
...being a mother.

I posted a bit about a theme of love in D&D, and how to approach it, and thus I decided to have my PC have a relationship with an NPC.

This... even compared to most questions I have already asked, must already be pretty weird, but there is a great deal of justification behind it. I mean, she is carrying a baby, she honestly should not be fighting anyways for fear of a miscarriage. But if she does carry one, she would know she'd have to quit so she can care for it.

So, how shall I play this out?

Ask your DM if it's possible to do it during the game. If not, then just declare that your PC has found love and decided to retire to have a family and take a new PC. Or say that your Fighter has become a mother and retired after a timeskip.

Maybe ask your DM to have your old PC make a cameo as a NPC.