PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying My Crazy Quest stage 6 though first played

ZorroGames
2017-06-12, 10:23 AM
I have decided to do something for the fun of it.

My Quest/Goal is to run a Mountain Dwarf
In each class up to Tier 2.

Since I just started some FLGS AL gaming and have no fixed group yet this seemed like the right time to go slightly Bonkers.

While I know what appeals from OD&D/AD&D-1st I may find a new class I want to run to Tier 3. Tier 4 has no real attraction currently.

So, I will be posting my non-optimized and Single Class Mountain Dwarf clan characters up one at a time for suggestions on things I might want to consider that are not optimizing for it's own sake and do not require changing race (Yes, I do like Hill Dwarf, Rock Gnomes, Wood Elf, and Human but for this I decided to stick to Mountain Dwarf for thematic purposes.)

Not sure if i will "succeed" in this quest/goal but I am going to try just because it is a fun sounding challenge.

Other than this character, which I have in play currently, I will be listing my designs in Alphabetical order starting with Barbarian.

So, on to the Monk:

Point Buy.

Background Sage (Astronomer)

ST 10+2
DE 15
CO 13+2
IN 10
WI 15
CH 10

No armor, AC 14
Short Sword, Darts, Explorer's Pack

Skills: from Monk - Acrobatics, Stealth; from Sage - Arcana, History

Languages - Elvish, Gnomish

Personality - There is nothing I love more than a mystery

Ideals - The path to power and self improvment is through knowledge

Bonds - I have been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question

Flaws - Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop to take notes on its anatomy.

On first game fought Goblins, Orcs, and an (?) ogron, help free an intelligent 6 armed ape.

Oh, and flute proficiecy.

Considering buying with my treasue and pay from mission:

Flute to play, (Dagger, Javelin, Spear, or Quarterstaff) weapon, (Fishing Tackle, Whetstone, Abacus, Traveler's Clothes, Silk Rope, or blanket for roleplay,) rations to replace those used.

Tithe 5 GP to home temple.

Look for NPCs who could use some silver pieces to help their economic situation.

Ways to improve the character without changing race, class, or scrambling stats welcome. BLUF - Changing race, class or massive revamp of stats will be ignored.

Level 3 tradition of open hand or shadow being considered.

Level 4 thinking +1, DE, +1 WI seems obvious

Level 6+ depends if i take the character to Level 3 or just semi-retire him back to clan (reserve PC as it were.)

Thanks, for those enter into the project with advice within the guidelines, in advance.

Corran
2017-06-12, 05:02 PM
You mentioned AL, so I think there is a small mistake in your stats. Str should probably be 8+2, rather than 10+2.

Love the personality trait! Maybe it would be good to add investigation proficiency somehow? And the observant feat at some later level too, perhaps?

(Observant gives +1 to wisdom -among its other more thematical to your character -imo- traits, so if you intend on taking it, you can just raise dex & con with an ASI -instead of dex and wis; this way you end up with rounded stats!:smallbiggrin:)

ZorroGames
2017-06-12, 05:06 PM
You mentioned AL, so I think there is a small mistake in your stats. Str should probably be 8+2, rather than 10+2.

Love the personality trait! Maybe it would be good to add investigation proficiency somehow? And the observant feat at some later level too, perhaps?

(Observant gives +1 to wisdom -among its other more thematical to your character -imo- traits, so if you intend on taking it, you can just raise dex & con with an ASI -instead of dex and wis; this way you end up with rounded stats!:smallbiggrin:)

Probably a typo. Thanks, will check.

I will check out the possibilities, again thanks.