PDA

View Full Version : Simple Happy Roleplay

Madara
2017-06-12, 10:40 AM
I can now say I've successfully had a combat-less session of D&D (3.5!)

The party was able to maintain excitement and drama without the artificial signs of tension that usually create gaming excitement. After 12 long years of parties who have struggled to maintain any sort of in-character conversation, I'm happy to say this dream team is doing well.

Anyway, I just figured enough people come to the forum seeking help that it would be nice to share some simple joy.

Koo Rehtorb
2017-06-12, 11:28 AM
If you have a combat-less session of 3.5 are you really playing 3.5?

VoxRationis
2017-06-12, 11:31 AM
Of course! You're just not using the combat rules. The skill systems are a bit light, but they're there and they're usable.

RazorChain
2017-06-12, 12:47 PM
Look, we can't have happiness on these forums, we are here to complain and tell each other how we are having badwrongfun.

D&D without combat is like dancing without music, singing without a voice, walking without legs, thinking without a brain!!! In some cases it is nigh impossible but in all cases it is wrong!!!

Gygax foresaw that this might happen and performed a ritual that whoever would play a 2 hour session or more without combat would by taken by servants of Nyarlathothep

Now stop trying to force your poor players to roleplay and put more meaningless combat into your sessions!!!