View Full Version : Meetup United Kingdom in the Playground Meetup - Xmas Party

Pages : [1] 2

Last_resort_33
2007-08-04, 05:04 AM
UK In the Playground 2
The Meetup that is surprisingly close to many major seasonal events

Date: 8th of December
Town: Birmingham
Venue: The Oak tree (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/28/28041/Oak_Tree/Rednal).

Venue Organiser: Ikki
Games:
A Whole Lotta Munchkin
OOTS
Star Wars D6
D&D
Zombies
Nuclear War
Starcraft
Gamesmasters:
Lensman
Dark Dork
Players:
Ikki
Castaras
Lensman
Charity (since he's driving :smallwink:)
Glug (+lil' bro's?)
LR33
Em
Dark Dork
Dim Dork
Zombie Chick
The Librarian
Kantur
Archonic Energy
Exachix
BrokenButterfly
Purple Cloak
JettWilderbeast
Accomodation: The Old Rose and Crown (http://www.oldroseandcrown.com/). Premier Travel Inn (http://www.premierinn.com/pti/home.do) (search for B45 postcode). Within a £10 taxi ride there are dozens

(puts on santa hat and sets off a party popper)

Castaras
2007-08-04, 05:12 AM
Order of the Stick Game I can bring, if needed.

Munchkin original I could bring.

Umm...other weird boardgameish things we have...

banjo1985
2007-08-04, 05:16 AM
Ooo I didn't know there was any kind of UK meet up, but sounds like a great idea to me! I'm a reasonable DM, and have a huge selection of Munchkins and other boardgames, a frightening amount if I'm honest!

Archonic Energy
2007-08-04, 05:58 AM
ooooo.
new thread smell
*sniff*
mmmmm

so the general consensus was that Brum was ok as a location.
and we were fighting between the 1st & the 8th of Dec.

*hands Lensman & LastResort bat'leths*
to the death gentlemen.

Lensman
2007-08-04, 08:23 AM
*hands Lensman & LastResort bat'leths*
to the death gentlemen.

What sort of monster do you think I am? I wouldn't be sadistic enough to attack LR with a bat'leth. After all, he has an electric guitar - far more deadly.

No, I just blast him with my eyebeams... :smallbiggrin:

It seems we have one vote (me) for 1st December, and one vote (the now seriously deceased Last Resort) for 8th December. Any views from anyone else?

(Pauses to resurrect LR-33)

Oh, and I'd be quite happy to inflict another Star Wars scenario on anyone masochistic enough to want to join in!

Castaras
2007-08-04, 08:36 AM
Hmm...What way to vote...

I vote Thog. :thog:

Or, in other words, I don't mind.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-04, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't mind coming if I could get transport.
I've never played and therefore don't own any types of DnD/ similar games, but wouldn't mind taking part.
I don't mind which date either.

KuReshtin
2007-08-04, 10:05 AM
I vote Glasgow on the 1st of December. Then again, if people want Birmingham to be the venue, I guess I could try to make it there.

I'll be happy to participate in another game of Star Wars if Lensman feels like running another scenario.

Also, another game of Serenity would be awesome if Adlan decides to come along.:)

Eldred
2007-08-04, 10:16 AM
Ooo, a new Meetup! I'm not sure if I'd be able to come along though; I live in the Westcountry, which is kind of awkward with travel. Also, depending on the date, I might be at college or something :smallannoyed:

I'd still love to meet up though! :smallsmile:

Last_resort_33
2007-08-04, 10:21 AM
*Brushes off 5000gp of diamonds*

Ok... I vote for the 1st then... if I can't remember what it was, then it probably wasn't all that important.

Do I get to keep the bat'leth? I've always wanted one!

Archonic Energy
2007-08-04, 10:45 AM
Do I get to keep the bat'leth? I've always wanted one!

ok... just keep it sharpened.

i'm ok with any date... except the 20th to the 4th

onasuma
2007-08-04, 02:17 PM
Yay! this time i (might) be able to make it! Either date being fine, parental permission being sorted, but venue matters for me, yet they wont say where would be good.
If i do, ill dm some form of free form game, probably warhammer 40k based if enough people are interessted if not, something else.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-04, 03:10 PM
Even if I wanted to leave my shadows, I'll be busy this winter. Sorry.

InaVegt
2007-08-04, 03:43 PM
*looks around*

I will be going to england this winter, though most likely around new year.

Though, thinking about it, I wouldn't even go if I could.

Archonic Energy
2007-08-05, 03:57 AM
Though, thinking about it, I wouldn't even go if I could.

:smallfrown:
U maked uz cri.
:smallfrown:

*Slap*

sorry i think i was infected my the Lolcatz virus.
are you insuniating that there is something wrong with us UK based forumites?

Castaras
2007-08-05, 04:15 AM
sorry i think i was infected my the Lolcatz virus.

Not as bad as the Lolcode virus...:smallamused:

HAI
CAN HAS STDIO?
I HAS A CHEEZBURGER
VISIBLE "HAI. LYKE MEH CHEEZBURGER?"
IM IN YR LOOP

UP CHEEZBURGER!!1
VISIBLE "I HAS" AND CHEEZBURGER AND "CHEEZBURGERZ!"
IZ CHEEZBURGER BIGR THAN 10? GTFO. KTHX
KTHX
KTHXBAI

Last_resort_33
2007-08-05, 04:47 AM
I dunno people have the impression that meeting people that you know over the internet means either A: you are really sad and can't meet people in real life and B: You are going to get raped.

I can assure you that only A is true (in this case)

Edit:(Deleted remark made in poor taste)

InaVegt
2007-08-05, 05:59 AM
are you insinuating that there is something wrong with us UK based forumites?

No, I'm not going to the Dutch meetup either.

Also, fixed your spelling.

Castaras
2007-08-05, 09:32 AM
So we've got a few votes for the 1st?

And we're thinking Birmingham...

So the next step...Who's organising the pub?

Totally Guy
2007-08-05, 02:54 PM
Awesome, I was living in Birmingham for the first half of this year so I might be able to visit some friends on the day before or after the meetup. And I stand a good chance of not getting lost. By good fortune I knew where the last one was too.

Exachix
2007-08-05, 04:06 PM
I will be trying to come to this.

I may bring Munchkin Cthulhu.
I may not.

I may find more games nearer the time and work things out then.

EDIT: I will get my mum to do a shirt with my Avatar on it! *grins*

Glaivemaster
2007-08-05, 04:32 PM
I'll very probably be able to make this one. Depending on when university terms begin/end I might even be able to stay with a friend, though I think they're out by that point.

I can bring board game(s), if they're not too chunky, and Magic cards for those who want to play. Can't think of anything else I'd be able to easily bring

Hoggy
2007-08-05, 04:47 PM
Hmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I will be able to drive by then, so if I go, I could give other Westcountrians lifts (I'm looking at you Eldred, and you Curly). But I'm usually quite busy around Christmas with band and stuff. Plus, Birmingham is long way.

HRMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-05, 04:51 PM
Hooray! Possible lift! *goes to check dates*
If my mum says I can go I can make either date providing nothing else comes up.

Eldpollard
2007-08-05, 05:12 PM
Well, I'll go to this one. Actually book time off work. It sounds fun. I'll bring a lot of munchkin games.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-05, 05:19 PM
Being from Birmingham, and knowing a good pub, and knowing that said pub has a function room, and knowing that said pub allows use of it to gamers (having played there every tuesday night for a coupla months) I suppose I'd better volunteer to look into it. I shall ask about the 1st and 8th of December.

I'm not sure they do food, I shall ask. Then again it's in the middle of England's second city, so popping out for food shouldn't be a problem :smallsmile:

Watch this space...

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-08-05, 06:51 PM
*mumble* You better buy me a nice prezzie, or I might turn up to the celebrations:smallwink:

(Best of luck you lucky small island dwellers, take lots of pictures.)

Last_resort_33
2007-08-06, 12:38 AM
*mumble* You better buy me a nice prezzie, or I might turn up to the celebrations:smallwink:

You're not wanting sacrafice of young virgins AGAIN are you... I've told you I don't HAVE any

Being from Birmingham, and knowing a good pub, and knowing that said pub has a function room, and knowing that said pub allows use of it to gamers (having played there every tuesday night for a coupla months) I suppose I'd better volunteer to look into it. I shall ask about the 1st and 8th of December.

I'm not sure they do food, I shall ask. Then again it's in the middle of England's second city, so popping out for food shouldn't be a problem :smallsmile:

If they don't do food, I wonder if we could get a take away, save interupting the gaming!... we could go out I suppose... I can just imagine you phoning up the local indian "I'd like to book a table for thirty please!"

It would seem that Ikki is our Venue Organiser...

Eldred
2007-08-06, 04:13 AM
Hmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I will be able to drive by then, so if I go, I could give other Westcountrians lifts (I'm looking at you Eldred, and you Curly). But I'm usually quite busy around Christmas with band and stuff. Plus, Birmingham is long way.

HRMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.

:smallsmile: Thankyou!!! That'd be great if you can! *hugs*

I've just got to check everything's fine with my parents and stuff.

Adlan
2007-08-06, 05:40 AM
KHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

I have no more holiday this year :smallfrown: I must beg my Boss to give me Unpaid Leave. Gaaaaaaah!

Why can't we do this on a sunday (I know why, but still).

If I can make it, I will Come, and I will run another Serenity Game, and I will play the Starwars D6, and then run another serenity game, or maybe I will Play some D&D.

And I vote for getting an Indian. A nice hot curry goes down a treat with Gaming.

Or Maybe a Pizza, do you think they'd do use 4 48" ones, with klatchian Hots?

Ikkitosen
2007-08-06, 05:45 AM
What kind of foolish job requires that you work on saturdays? :smallmad: I will beat your boos with my "stop bein' a foo'!" stick while Mr. T. berates him via the medium of electronic noise-maker.

Jibar
2007-08-06, 05:47 AM
You're not wanting sacrafice of young virgins AGAIN are you... I've told you I don't HAVE any

Pffff, it's England man.
If you had them, they're too rare to go sacrificing to Death.
Better to save them and sell them on the Black Market, I know some people who know some people who sold some people.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-06, 06:29 AM
Hrm. It occurs to me that we used to use this room on a tuesday, when the middle of Birmingham is quiet. On a saturday night the pub below the room will be packed out with loud people on a night out. It will not be the quiet retreat we may want, especially for our younger forum-goers.

Opinions? Birmingham's a big place so I can likely find somewhere quieter.

Exachix
2007-08-06, 06:39 AM
And I vote for getting an Indian. A nice hot curry goes down a treat with Gaming.

Or Maybe a Pizza, do you think they'd do use 4 48" ones, with klatchian Hots?

Curry is a major problem when you eat too much. There could be alot of peir pressure here. (even though Birmingham is inland)

Maybe some could have an indian. Some a pizza.

Hoggy
2007-08-06, 06:42 AM
Oh wait, it's a saturday?

Carp.

Eldred
2007-08-06, 06:43 AM
Ahh, it's a Saturday. That's good - rules out college being a problem.

Hmm, games... well I only really know how to play D&D and OotS. So I'd like to play them, if possible, but I'm up for learning to play something new! (I mean, I havent heard of half of the games that've been mentioned :smalleek: )

Ikkitosen
2007-08-06, 06:44 AM
Many people here have Jobs, so it has to be a weekend.

Archonic Energy
2007-08-06, 06:56 AM
If I can make it, I will Come, and I will run another Serenity Game, and I will play the Starwars D6, and then run another serenity game, or maybe I will Play some D&D.

yay my Character may end up going outside the ship. :smallwink:

DarkDork will you be attending?
i have a Lev 2 Sor. that may wish to attend too. :smallbiggrin:

i'm not a fan if indian cusine (or however it is spelt) i'll go for the Pizza.

Ikk. did you want me to send the boys over see the manager about clearing the function room?

Many people here have Jobs, so it has to be a weekend.

i may travel up on the friday this time... it'll give me more time there.

Castaras
2007-08-06, 06:57 AM
Yeah...It'd probably be pizza for me as well.

Oh well.

And games...these weird, gameish things....

Nuclear war! Someone bring that in again!

Ikkitosen
2007-08-06, 07:06 AM
Ikk. did you want me to send the boys over see the manager about clearing the function room?

I am merely worried about exposing people to the middle of Birmingham on a saturday unprepared, that's all ;)

As a big city, it has its fair share of Dennis Learys.

banjo1985
2007-08-06, 07:56 AM
By the by, do I need an invite for this thing or is it open to anyone?!

I'm a Birmingham boy and I know what the place is like on a Saturday night...I'd rather not tell of some of my experiences!

Mmmm Indian sounds good to me...though to my knowledge vindaloos and gaming don't make good bedfellows!

Ikkitosen
2007-08-06, 07:59 AM
No invite required mate. Since you're local (like me) can you think of somewhere that:

1. is relatively quiet on a saturday night
2. has a function room
3. Does food
4. Isn't a billion pounds
5. Is easy to get to by car and train

My thoughts so far are the Tap and Spile (cool, but downstairs will be busy) or the City Tavenr (not as nice, more isolated function room though) or the Bristo Pear (will be full of students!). See the Leeds meet up had a nice quiet function room...

banjo1985
2007-08-06, 08:18 AM
Quiet in Birmingham, now that's gonna be a challenge....it has to be said I work and study in the city but my social life doesn't follow, not really sure about a location...there's the Shakespear not far from New Street. Oh and there's the old Masonic lodge on the outskirts, we hired it out for the games expo this year, thoughit's out of the way and the main hall would cost a fortune...but maybe one of the small function rooms? Oh and it doesn't do food!

Last_resort_33
2007-08-06, 10:59 AM
In the centre, yeah, but if you can find a place on the outskirts then it'd be much quieter, more civilised, and more likely to have it's own parking, I am NOT paying for 12+hrs parking in the centre of Birmingham. If you remember the sort of area the Lord Darcey was, then you should get the idea... somewhere with a tree or two in sight.

BrokenButterfly
2007-08-06, 01:01 PM
Of course I'm in for this meetup, I don't really think I'm going to have a problem with the dates either. I'm going to bring the few boardgames I have, but I think I'd like to get in a bit of D&D this time around.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-06, 02:30 PM
In the centre, yeah, but if you can find a place on the outskirts then it'd be much quieter, more civilised, and more likely to have it's own parking, I am NOT paying for 12+hrs parking in the centre of Birmingham. If you remember the sort of area the Lord Darcey was, then you should get the idea... somewhere with a tree or two in sight.

Advantage of Birmingham - good rail and road links. Outskirts? Not so much. Birmingham is BIG.

Jibar
2007-08-06, 02:34 PM
Ya know, I really wish I could make it to this thing.
Maybe one of these days I'll actually tell my parents I've been talking on the internet to complete strangers for two years. :smalltongue:

Ikkitosen
2007-08-08, 09:19 AM
No comments on possible venues? The choices are basically central/easy to find/busy outside the function room and nice and quiet/isolated...

Castaras
2007-08-08, 09:22 AM
Nice and quiet/isolated sounds good to me...

Ikkitosen
2007-08-08, 09:56 AM
I have a feeling that may be the general concensus. I have a couple of ideas, just no idea if there are hotels out that way. I'm on it...

Last_resort_33
2007-08-08, 11:19 AM
Quiet and Isolated sounds good to me... If we don't find somewhere, then Cambridge hasn't been ruled out completely.

Adlan
2007-08-08, 01:26 PM
I'd help with cambridge.

Infact, a friend of mine's father runs a statley home, might get a confrence room.

And a Pub next to the station does a free room for parties, upto 40 people.

Flakey
2007-08-08, 02:01 PM
we could go out I suppose... I can just imagine you phoning up the local indian "I'd like to book a table for thirty please!"

If done at 6 to 7 they usually fall overthemselves. Even had tables lined up for us into one or two big long tables. This all without phoning. Only once turned away. From a really posh place, with an actual "We do not host your sort here, try ....". Which made us laugh for ages. We had 6 teachers, an accountant, 2 engineers. 4 civil servants, 2 managers and a few students.

Wonder if it was how we were dressed? :smallwink:
combat boots, jeans, leather jackets, or army great coats........ and that was just the ladies :smallbiggrin:

I should be able to make the loation at the begining of December.

Exachix
2007-08-08, 03:47 PM
nice and quiet/isolated... preferably... =)

Eldred
2007-08-08, 03:55 PM
I'd help with cambridge.

Infact, a friend of mine's father runs a statley home, might get a confrence room.

And a Pub next to the station does a free room for parties, upto 40 people.

Wow, that sounds really good! We should definitely consider that an option if we can't manage Birmingham.

Also, another vote for nice and quiet/isolated... :smallsmile:

Ikkitosen
2007-08-08, 05:15 PM
I have a place in mind. It's no stately home but it is in Birmingham, so central(ish). Shall hopefully check it out while I'm up there this weekend.

Eldpollard
2007-08-08, 05:58 PM
Sounds good, tell us all how it is.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-09, 02:21 AM
It's a pub I know and like, not quiet (there are NO good, quiet pubs with advertised function rooms in Birmingham that anyone would be able to find!) but not in the middle of Brum and unlikely to be louder in the bar than a jukebox. Never seen the funtion room though, hence the reccy.

The Prince of Cats
2007-08-09, 04:04 AM
I think Cambridge would make me happier than Birmingham. You see, I have this odd reaction to the Birmingham accent that could get me killed or maimed; I find it hilarious.

Also, I live way off in the South-East, so it is a bit of a drive. Last time I went to Birmingham, I got thoroughly ticked off by the fact that the roads were just randomly placed and the Sat-Nav was starting to get confused. I have driven around Central London with less confusion than Birmingham Town Centre...

I also like Cambridge; I have friends there, so they might know a good place to gather. Of course, they might not.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-09, 04:08 AM
I think Cambridge would make me happier than Birmingham. You see, I have this odd reaction to the Birmingham accent that could get me killed or maimed; I find it hilarious.

Also, I live way off in the South-East, so it is a bit of a drive. Last time I went to Birmingham, I got thoroughly ticked off by the fact that the roads were just randomly placed and the Sat-Nav was starting to get confused. I have driven around Central London with less confusion than Birmingham Town Centre...

I also like Cambridge; I have friends there, so they might know a good place to gather. Of course, they might not.

Unfortunately, people are coming down from Scotland too. It's helpful to have somewhere as central as possible, and not just England central but Britain central.

As for a venue, worry not; I'm from Birmingham, I know a million people there (yes, all of them) and will find somewhere for our seclusion-desiring attendees to gather.

Archonic Energy
2007-08-09, 04:23 AM
Unfortunately, people are coming down from Scotland too. It's helpful to have somewhere as central as possible, and not just England central but Britain central.

Emphasis mine

so Douglas it is then
if we include N Ire. it looks quite central... :smalltongue:

seriously though if is can be quiet then brilliant, i just don't want to sit next to a 5000W speaker while it's pumping out... well anything really

Ikk, you gonna take the night-vision goggles & the Camo paint with you for the "Reccy"

banjo1985
2007-08-09, 04:25 AM

Yep, that's a fairly dangerous reaction to have around here...*sharpens pointy stick with "ow bin ya?" written along it in own blood*...

Hehe just kidding. Anyhow, I'm not too good on pubs in Birmingham, but I work at Aston Uni in the centre of the city, there might be somewhere to rent out in the student guild...I might look into it later

zombie chick
2007-08-09, 04:26 AM
well i will be up for another meet up, i have friends in birmingham so i can stay with them.
on the whole i would prefer birmingham to cambridge, cause that would mean i would have to stay with my cousin instead.
either date is fine by me, so when its definate i will book the time off. yes i am one of those wierdos that works on a saturday but its flexible.
and if someone wants i can ask said friends about venues in birmingham.

looking forward to seeeing everyone again, would be cool to do some roleplaying and will bring the zombie rules if someone remembers OOTS :smallwink:

Ikkitosen
2007-08-09, 04:30 AM
Ikk, you gonna take the night-vision goggles & the Camo paint with you for the "Reccy"

You've seen how well I dodge cameras, I won't need camo paint. As for NVGs, all proper outsiders have darkvision!

A meetup on Douglas would be awesome, but for the fact that no-one would go. Also, Britain-central =/= UK central. Middle of Scotland, England and Wales is...Haltwhistle in Northumberland or Dunsop Bridge in Lancashire according to good ol' Wikipedia.

Of course the far more meaningful centre of Britain by population is Appleby Magna (correct as of 2000), which is about 20 miles from Birmingham!

Anyhow, I'm not too good on pubs in Birmingham, but I work at Aston Uni in the centre of the city, there might be somewhere to rent out in the student guild...I might look into it later

I'm going to look into the Guild at Birmingham Uni too, since I used to go there. Great Minds/Fools.

The Prince of Cats
2007-08-09, 05:03 AM
I think I could do Birmingham, I just need to keep my mouth shut. Trouble is, I have no idea where I will be living by then. I might be in Newcastle by December, or even in Birmingham or Leicester. Sadly, I could be out of the country. Ask me again closer to the time...

My wife has a GURPS Discworld one-shot that people keep telling me was very good (from before we met). I will have ask if she still has her notes for it, if it looks like we might make it.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-09, 05:12 AM
I think I could do Birmingham, I just need to keep my mouth shut. Trouble is, I have no idea where I will be living by then. I might be in Newcastle by December, or even in Birmingham or Leicester. Sadly, I could be out of the country. Ask me again closer to the time...

Cool, the more the merrier. Just keep an eye on this thread, all shall become clear(er).

Castaras
2007-08-09, 05:14 AM
Cool, the more the merrier. Just keep an eye on this thread, all shall become clear(er).

Clear as mud? :smallwink:

Ikkitosen
2007-08-09, 05:17 AM
Clear as mud? :smallwink:

Nowhere near that clear! Think liquid sodium (very nerdy cookie for why).

Archonic Energy
2007-08-09, 05:21 AM
Nowhere near that clear! Think liquid sodium (very nerdy cookie for why).

because the speed that light travels through it is something stupid like 40m/s or something. (the speed of light is only constant in a vacume)

Ikkitosen
2007-08-09, 05:32 AM
And thus it oculd be considered very not clear, yes. *hands over cookie*

Archonic Energy
2007-08-09, 06:04 AM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/Archonic_NRG/cookie_zealot.gif< me with cookie
*eats*
mmmm cookie... *drool*

Timberwolf
2007-08-09, 10:38 AM
Of course the far more meaningful centre of Britain by population is Appleby Magna (correct as of 2000), which is about 20 miles from Birmingham!

I'm going to look into the Guild at Birmingham Uni too, since I used to go there. Great Minds/Fools.

And about 10 miles from where I live right now. i may even see if I can make it to this.

The guild at brum Uni's good, my brother went there. Still remember being stopped by an obvious undercover cop when I visited him. great days.

Charity
2007-08-11, 02:54 PM
Brum Brum to Brum anyone?

BrokenButterfly
2007-08-11, 06:41 PM
Since I live pretty apart from everyone else, I'm going to be taking the train to the meetup again, so I don't need to worry about lifts.

But I'm going to worry about a place to stay overnight. I could do with finding people to split the cost of a hotel room, if they're staying overnight in Birmingham. Please PM me if you're interested, or if (much appreciated) there's the slightest chance of being able to scrounge a night's sleep somewhere. Not having to worry too much about sleeping arrangements at the last meetup was a real load off my mind. This is something I'd like to sort out well in advance. Thanks for any help if offered.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-12, 10:20 AM
Ok, Uni's a bust. During term-time Fab 'n' Fresh runs on saturday nights, which means a Guild full of loud (drunk) students. Not so optimal.

Pat Kav is still possible, assuming they ever answer their phone :smallmad:

Last_resort_33
2007-08-12, 11:23 AM
*pops up Wearing Camo helmet and green face paint

Good work Ikki...

Lensman, You scout out the Cambridge area, we need to be as covert as possible

Also if anyone needs a lift BACK to Gloucester, we'll be going to Dursley afterwards, but you'll have to make your own way there.
*ducks down into undergrowth

The_Librarian
2007-08-12, 12:00 PM
*excited girly squeak*

I should check the threads more often. Life is crazy hectic.

I need cheering up. Right now, can't see any reason why I can't go :smallwink:

KuReshtin
2007-08-13, 04:26 AM
Did a quick search of hotels in the Birmingham area (if in deed we will be going there).

There are two hotels that have rooms at prices below £50 for the first weekend of December.

Norfolk Hotel have prices that start from £35 per room per nihgt for a twin room.

The Apollo hotel have prices starting at £47 per room per night for a twin room.

Now, they're listed as 3 star hotels according to the website I used (GTAhotels.com) and they have English buffet breakfasts available. Apparently, they're about a 5 minute taxi ride from the nearest train station (about a mile and a half).

Surfer99
2007-08-13, 05:57 AM
wow i am not looking on the forum for a week and basicly KuReshting beats me with a club.. now i get why.

so Christmas is on, i will keep both dates available.

prefered location: quiet. even if its 10 miles out we should be able to arrange a meetup in town at a cafe or something then share a bunch of taxi's if necessary or maybe bribe some of our fortunate rich people *the ones with cars :smallamused: to drive more then once.

Distance is really not that big a problem once we have arrived to birmingham however i would consider beeing annoyed by drunk people all night long to be a problem.

Charity
2007-08-13, 06:23 AM
however i would consider beeing annoyed by drunk people all night long to be a problem.

Damn am I not allowed to attend?

Last_resort_33
2007-08-13, 06:26 AM
You appear to imply that because I have a car then I am rich. I can assure you that this is not the case!

Ikkitosen
2007-08-13, 07:21 AM
prefered location: quiet. even if its 10 miles out we should be able to arrange a meetup in town at a cafe or something then share a bunch of taxi's if necessary or maybe bribe some of our fortunate rich people *the ones with cars :smallamused: to drive more then once.

Time to put some more ranks in Kno: Local for me then!

Charity
2007-08-13, 07:40 AM
You appear to imply that because I have a car then I am rich. I can assure you that this is not the case!

Yeah yeah, we've seen your house
http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/content/images/2006/08/07/leeds_castle_470x355.jpg

Yeah yeah I know it's in kent, but it is called Leeds castle.

KuReshtin
2007-08-13, 08:18 AM
Yeah yeah, we've seen your house
http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/content/images/2006/08/07/leeds_castle_470x355.jpg

Yeah yeah I know it's in kent, but it is called Leeds castle.

See, that's just more impressive than mine. I regret being in an oriental phase when I had my castle commissioned. Granted, it's got a pretty nice view, but still. Stands out a bit in Scotland, is all...

http://www.city.matsuyama.ehime.jp/eng/image/castle.jpg

Charity
2007-08-13, 08:31 AM
Well it's very nice, my kids prefered the disney look
http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/l/la/lancelot75/368733_bavarian_castle_1.jpg

Castaras
2007-08-13, 08:35 AM
My house is way better than your houses....:smalltongue:

http://members.rcin.net/hoernersburg/images/TourOther/250OutsideCastle.jpg

Last_resort_33
2007-08-13, 09:17 AM
Well that settles it... Cas, Meetup's round your place

Surfer99
2007-08-13, 09:48 AM

Agreed completely!
Well that settles it... Cas, Meetup's round your place

Gotta love that view!

from my place to legoland in Denmark. (http://www.krak.dk/Ruteplan/Resultat.aspx?FromRoad=Koutrupvej+5+&FromCity=7160+T%c3%b8rring&ToRoad=Aastvej&ToCity=7190+Billund&FromAddress=848847%7cKoutrupvej%7c5%7c+%7c7160%7cT %c3%b8rring%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c526517%2c41% 7c6195516%2c44%7c526517%2c19%7c6195532%2c01%7c0&ToAddress=316085%7cAastvej%7c%7c%7c7190%7cBillund% 7c%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c507659%2c04%7c6176336%2c 82%7c507666%2c15%7c6176323%2c61%7c0&&MapSize=1) a 25minute drive :) my parents still live there.

Timberwolf
2007-08-13, 10:46 AM
Yep, to Cassie's !

now, I like coco pops in the morning along with freshly squeezed orange juice.

On a more serious note, if the Brum guild is taken, would somewhere like the engineering block have a lecture theatre free ? Brum Uni would be ideal because it has its own station so people can get there easily from new Street.

The_Librarian
2007-08-13, 01:35 PM
I'd prefer Birmingham, but heck, if it's a Saturday then it doesn't matter too much except I have a bed to crash in in Birmingham (and someone to crash with :smallwink:)

Lensman
2007-08-14, 01:14 PM

Hmmm. Confused. Cas is in the room upstairs from me... but she says her location is Australia. I'm in Cambridgeshire. Methinks there is a significant spacio-temporal rift in this house.

She's right about the building, though. The inside isn't bad, either.

http://www.thebutterscotchthreshold.com/lego-escher-01.jpg

Hmm. Does this confirm the spatio-temporal rift theory?

Exachix
2007-08-15, 01:11 PM
Worry Not Lensman.

Spacial(-Temporal if you'll be fussy. But Space=Time so I see no need to waste letters...) Rifts are commonplace.

Last_resort_33
2007-08-15, 01:31 PM
Hmmm. Confused. Cas is in the room upstairs from me... but she says her location is Australia. I'm in Cambridgeshire. Methinks there is a significant spacio-temporal rift in this house.

She's right about the building, though. The inside isn't bad, either.

http://www.thebutterscotchthreshold.com/lego-escher-01.jpg

Hmm. Does this confirm the spatio-temporal rift theory?

The question is, can you fit 30 gamers 5 large tables, a mountian of food and a sea of beer in said spatio-temoral rift?

If so, we've solved all our problems, apart from disruption from kangaroos (and yes Death... competent cricket players)

nerulean
2007-08-15, 07:00 PM
Ooh, I may be able to put my nose in for this meetup! Last time I was just too much of a forum newbie to even make a noise on the thread. The earlier date would be better for me, but anyplace is probably okay.

And incidentally, I've just moved out of here:

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/menass/fasec/founders.gif
It was nice, but I wanted somewhere roomier.

Last_resort_33
2007-08-20, 02:23 AM
Tap Tap....

Helooo....

We need a venue....

We need to set a deadline for getting a venue, by which if we don't get it, then it'll be up here again.

(this was a bit of a bump I must admit)

Charity
2007-08-20, 04:21 AM
As it happens if it's gonna be near Crimbo then whomever is sorting this out ought to book it soon.
Ikky? Lensman? anyone?

*tap tap*
Is this thing on?
*feedback*

Ikkitosen
2007-08-20, 04:26 AM
Right, my monkey spies inform me of a place called The Garden House that might be fitting.

It's a pub, near but not in the middle of Birmingham so hopefully not packed with loud chavs on a saturday night.

It serves ale.

It has several "conference suites", the largest of which will hold 50 people "theatre style" or 20-30 "boardroom style". It sounds like that might also mean "loads, random table style". I need to go look at it (does anyone currently reside in Brum??). I also need to talk to them about availability/food/minors/closing times/beer in the conference room and other stuff as I think of it.

Seriously, the set of criteria we wish to fulfill are hard to come by in Birmingham :smallannoyed:

Charity
2007-08-20, 05:04 AM
I need to go look at it (does anyone currently reside in Brum??).

No the place is a ghost town (http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/GenerateContent?CONTENT_ITEM_ID=26205&CONTENT_ITEM_TYPE=0&MENU_ID=11333)

Ikkitosen
2007-08-20, 05:24 AM
No wonder it's hard to find a quiet pub - Birmingham has nearly ten times the population density of the average English area according to that. Seems it's also full of young, work-shy buggers too :smalltongue:

Charity
2007-08-20, 05:59 AM
Who'd have thought...

Nyuk nyuk, you comming to gen con in Reading then Ikky?

Ikkitosen
2007-08-20, 06:51 AM
Dunno man, looked at the events list and can't really see what I'd want to do. What's there that you want to do?

Charity
2007-08-20, 07:03 AM
Dunno

Diplomacy, settlers tournament, check out the oots boardgame, wander about, it's only in Reading, it's not exactly miles away.:smalltongue:

Ikkitosen
2007-08-20, 07:07 AM
It's not free either though. It might be cool to go see what the traders have to offer, maybe buy the OoTS board game. I'll probably come, if only so I can complain afterwards :smallbiggrin:

Do you know what day yet? Saturday seems the obvious choice.

Charity
2007-08-20, 08:40 AM
er Ol is organising (yeah right) it... but yeah Sat seems like a winner.

KuReshtin
2007-08-21, 03:57 AM
So, UKitP Meetup v.1 apparently held the record for the biggest GitP meetup ever for about two months.
The GenCon meetup in the States have surpassed us. This means we will have to regain this honour at the X-Mas meetup.

We need 25 or more people to attend.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-21, 04:28 AM
There were 18 of us.

Population of the UK is 60,776,238.

Population of the US is 301,139,947.

So if you calibrate for the relative populations, our 18 is actually worth 89.2 people (Chaz, you're the 0.2 mate).

Beat that USA!

Charity
2007-08-21, 06:16 AM
Cool I'm up a fifth.

Last_resort_33
2007-08-21, 06:28 AM
There were more than 18 of us, I think, but with our new location, another few people shouldn't be too tricky :smallsmile:

But we need a venue first... c'mon guys!!

KuReshtin
2007-08-21, 07:31 AM
There were 18 of us.

Population of the UK is 60,776,238.

Population of the US is 301,139,947.

So if you calibrate for the relative populations, our 18 is actually worth 89.2 people (Chaz, you're the 0.2 mate).

Beat that USA!

This might be true, but if you use that logic, then the Dutch meetup could use the same and they'd then only need 2 people to show up to beat us.

So I'd be much more comfortable if we just beat them outright to reclaim our record.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-21, 07:40 AM
OK, we'll do it your way and play fair :smallsigh: :smallwink:

But we need a venue first... c'mon guys!!

Birmingham is not Leeds - pubs that are quiet on a saturday night are not common, those with function rooms (and free/cheap ones, that allow minors, that allow/supply food, that are big/small enough) are even less so. Stop nagging.

Charity
2007-08-21, 08:04 AM
OOoooo Handbags
http://www.thisnext.com/media/160x160/43406050.jpg

:biggrin:

banjo1985
2007-08-21, 08:06 AM
OOoooo Handbags
http://www.thisnext.com/media/160x160/43406050.jpg

:biggrin:

I almost spat water all over the monitor when I saw this....you sir, have just initiated another moment of COMEDY GOLD.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-21, 08:36 AM
Yeah, sorry, s'been a long day :smallfrown:

Hey Banjo, you're Brum-based, right? And since your profile lists a job I presume you're about 22 ("Banjio1985") or so, right?

Well, here's the pub that needs checking out:

Garden House

ADDRESS
160 Hagley Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands B16 9NX Tel. 0121 4548315

PUB OPENING TIMES
Monday - Saturday 11am - 11pm. Sunday 12noon - 10.30pm.

DRAUGHT BEERS SERVED
Fosters, Hoegaarden, Kronenbourg, Leffe, Staropramen, John Smiths Smooth, Guinness, Strongbow Cider.

REAL ALES
6 Guest Ales always available.

CASK MARQUE
We are Cask Marque accredited for our quality real ales.

CONFERENCE CENTRE
Call to book one of our four Conference Rooms with full conference facilities.
One room seats 55 theatre style, 25 boardroom style.
Three rooms seat 30 theatre style, 12 boardroom style.

The "conference centre" might be what we want, but it also might suck. Live/work anywhere near?

Charity
2007-08-21, 08:51 AM
Yeah, sorry, s'been a long day :smallfrown:

Hey man
Just yanking your chain.

Oh Ikkie
It looks as if the lovely Ann will be in France with the kids this week... So no dragon slaying for you I'm afraid. I will however be craving company worse than a castaway without them all. So expect to be bugged by attempts to lure you over to beat me at Wii golf... and such.

banjo1985
2007-08-21, 08:56 AM
Yep I work at Aston uni, and live not a million miles away, and I know the Hagley Road and roughly where that pub is...

I've never been there, but I've heard some conflicting reports, here's the things I can say pretty much for certain:

- It's a meal based pub, more people go to eat than to drink.
- The location is decent, a fair way from the city sentre, so there's likely to be little trouble.
- On a weekend the place gets VERY busy.
- The customer service and food can be a bit iffy at busy times.

I didn't know they had conference rooms, but I may get the opportunity to check them out but not anytime sson unfortunately. The Banjomobile has broken down and I'm taking the train into work, and until it's repaired it's gonna be hard for me to take a look. Will do my best though.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-21, 09:03 AM
Yep I work at Aston uni, and live not a million miles away, and I know the Hagley Road and roughly where that pub is...

I've never been there, but I've heard some conflicting reports, here's the things I can say pretty much for certain:

- It's a meal based pub, more people go to eat than to drink.
- The location is decent, a fair way from the city sentre, so there's likely to be little trouble.
- On a weekend the place gets VERY busy.
- The customer service and food can be a bit iffy at busy times.

I didn't know they had conference rooms, but I may get the opportunity to check them out but not anytime sson unfortunately. The Banjomobile has broken down and I'm taking the train into work, and until it's repaired it's gonna be hard for me to take a look. Will do my best though.

I think busy is going to be a theme (see rant above). Thanks for checking though mate.

Chaz - you're just buying time for that dragon aren't you? Damn tricksy DMs :smallwink: With the family away you can come check my place out too y'know. Maybe get N to give you a lift up in that fancy schmancy car!

Charity
2007-08-21, 09:50 AM
Wheres a Brummie when you need one eh?
None for ages and then two come along at once...

Nyuk nyuk, *pets scaley pet lovingly*

Can do meister... though I shan't be comming in Nellies jalopy unless the weather takes a turn for the better.

Lensman
2007-08-25, 04:08 PM
Sorry - been out of the loop for a little while. This awful thing called real life sneaked up on me when I wasn't looking and mugged me. I'm not sure what I can do to help at the moment - I'll see what I can find, but at the moment the Garden House sounds like a good option. What's the parking like there?

Archonic Energy
2007-08-28, 09:27 AM
unsuptle bump...

*looks at ikky*

Charity
2007-08-28, 09:44 AM
I'll hold his arms Ikkie mate, you work his torso...

I believe the poor fella is on it... and working at a distance.

It's like trying to make a cup of coffee with a four foot set of tongs.

Archonic Energy
2007-08-28, 10:57 AM
I'll hold his arms Ikkie mate, you work his torso...

hey i need my arms, for typing.
can't you just break my head i rarely use that.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-28, 01:44 PM
*Breaks AE's head* Cheers Chaz.

When next I am in Brum I will get onto looking at the Garden House. Unless anyone that lives there happens by before me.

I shall let you know.

Castaras
2007-08-31, 01:46 PM
*pokes thread*

Just keeping it active in my forum additive thing.

Raistlin1040
2007-08-31, 03:31 PM
Have fun my fellow UK forumers. I'd like to come, but I'll be visiting relatives. Oh well. Make a carboard cutout of my avatar and say I'm there. No one will know the difference. Or will they? DUN DUN DUN!!!

Charity
2007-09-05, 06:29 AM
Soooo, whos's all gonna run stuff then? eh?

I shall bring Nuclear war as it was such a hit last time... you bunch of sick freaks you...
We should start a register type of affair, post what you're running then whomever made the first post here can list and update it.

Ooo we went to Gencon UK (Ikkie, Dorisfrog and I), did any of you lot go?
We may have inadvertantly broke a boardgame you were in... poor old Mr blue eh Ikkie... note to self cut down swearing whilst bantering with an audiance.

What was that mad balancing game called Ikkie? I might get that, using our rules of course...

Castaras
2007-09-05, 06:33 AM
Yay! Nuclear War! :smallbiggrin:

I might be able to bring the order of the stick board game.

Umm...dunno what other games we could bring...Hmm...

Someone could bring Zombies again? Maybe with the rulebook this time, so we can play it...:smalltongue:

Ooo, Munchkin. Anyone gonna bring Munchkin again?

Ikkitosen
2007-09-05, 06:35 AM
Ooo we went to Gencon UK (Ikkie, Dorisfrog and I), did any of you lot go?
We may have inadvertantly broke a boardgame you were in... poor old Mr blue eh Ikkie... note to self cut down swearing whilst bantering with an audiance.

What was that mad balancing game called Ikkie? I might get that, using our rules of course...

Lol, Villa Paletti. We pulled quite a crowd with that. Note to self: rules in German you can't read = make up mroe fun rules yourselves :smallbiggrin: I have a couple of photos on my phone of that, but I'm a bit of a tech div and don't know how to get them to a computer, despite the fact both my phone and laptop have bluetooth (and I have no idea how to use it on my computer :smallredface:).

Mr. Blue was in...War of The Throne. Poor fella. Again, quite a crowd, and a demonstrator who said he'd never seen such a bloodthirsty game, ever. Ditto on the language though, although there were lots of swear-worhty moments (damned rampaging monster thingy event card).

As for the meet-up, I wanna play Star Wars. And Nuclear War. I might have A Game of Thrones by then if it's any good, so I can bring that.

Yay! Nuclear War! :smallbiggrin:

Bad Castaras! Remeber kids, millions dead = bad. Yes, even if they're French :smallbiggrin:

Matthew
2007-09-05, 06:39 AM
Aw man, I keep missing interesting UK things. I need to pay more attention to GenCon UK. Reading University would have been a nice venue and within striking distance of London.

Totally Guy
2007-09-05, 06:40 AM
I have a very entertaining mini game called once upon a time. You get dealt cards that represent elements of a story and you tell a story from that. The other players need to listen out because if thet story teller mentions an element on their cards they can interrupt. Each player is trying to guide the story to their own ending and it's funny when they clash.

I'll bring it along for an "in between" type game.

Castaras
2007-09-05, 06:42 AM
Bad Castaras! Remeber kids, millions dead = bad. Yes, even if they're French
Aww.....but nuking people is fun....:smallfrown: :smalltongue:

I have a very entertaining mini game called once upon a time. You get dealt cards that represent elements of a story and you tell a story from that. The other players need to listen out because if thet story teller mentions an element on their cards they can interrupt. Each player is trying to guide the story to their own ending and it's funny when they clash.

Oooo!

I remember playing that...that is loads of fun...

Glaivemaster
2007-09-05, 07:06 AM
I can bring Settlers/Seafarers/Cities & Knights of Catan, with expansions for up to 6 players. Also, the Catan card game, a quick 2-player for people who have nothing else to do

I could bring about a billion other board games as well, but I figured I'd stick with the easy, popular ones. Hmm, I might bring Shadows Over Camelot though. That's a fun game where the players can work as a team for once

Last_resort_33
2007-09-05, 07:09 AM
All sounds great, but we don't have a venue....

Cas.... is there anywhere round where you live that we could go... we don't have that long considering that people will be booking works Xmas parties and wotnot.

@glug: we should have a go at that at some point... for the moment we seem to have a little much to do in serenity.

banjo1985
2007-09-05, 07:10 AM

A friend of mine has that, it's very entertaining but not to everyone's tastes. I liked it though! I kept getting interupted though, who'd have thought a Prince and a mirror would be on the cards eh?

Castaras
2007-09-05, 07:12 AM
Cas.... is there anywhere round where you live that we could go... we don't have that long considering that people will be booking works Xmas parties and wotnot.

I've no idea. It'll have to be Lensman you pester, but he's been attacked by real life.

Ikkitosen
2007-09-05, 07:18 AM
Pesky reel life. Mine will become a real issue in a few weeks but until then, and in other news, I'm going to Brum this weekend so shall look at the Garden House. It's our last best hope...for a venue.

Charity
2007-09-05, 08:47 AM
You're only going to avoid the dreaded Gardening.
We've roped nelly in already.

Ikkitosen
2007-09-05, 10:04 AM
I noticed the mail and thought "aw shucks, I'll be in Birmingham". He he.

Still, if you don't get finished and run over until next weekend I'm sure I can arrange to be busy then too help out :smallamused:

Charity
2007-09-05, 10:21 AM
I'll be handing out shovels on the door Friday, I know you'd hate to miss out and all.

Archonic Energy
2007-09-08, 11:58 AM
*pokes thread*
heh
*pokes C*
:smallamused:
*Pokes Ikk*
:smalltongue:
*runs*

So.... London anyone?

Last_resort_33
2007-09-08, 12:38 PM
*pokes thread*
heh
*pokes C*
:smallamused:
*Pokes Ikk*
*runs*

So.... London anyone?

I can't afford to look at a photograph of London, nevermind travel to, stay in, buy food or buy drinks there.

Ikkitosen
2007-09-09, 12:49 PM
Garden House is a bust - they are bad, incompetent people. Have another place. Does food. Not too expensive (£8 each if there are 20 of us, gets a bit cheaper with more. These are so far reported values). Don't know of any nearby hotels, but gimme time. Near motorway junction. Accessible (kinda) by train from Birmingham New Street.

More to follow...basically I need to call them and ask about availability, minors, maximum allowed geekiness, etc.

Eldpollard
2007-09-09, 12:57 PM
What do you mean "kinda" near train station?

Last_resort_33
2007-09-09, 01:22 PM

He means near enough if it's our only option. A taxi service (me) will be run TO the event FROM the station if necessary for a nominal fee.

Good Work Ikkie. See what you can do.

Ikkitosen
2007-09-10, 03:42 AM
He means near enough if it's our only option. A taxi service (me) will be run TO the event FROM the station if necessary for a nominal fee.

Preeeeecisely. Basically, get to the station that's a couple of miles from the venue and then get a lift (a taxi would be pretty cheap too, but why bother when lifts will be available?).

Archonic Energy
2007-09-10, 03:43 AM

Within a 60 minute walk... at double time

Charity
2007-09-10, 04:57 AM
*Puts feet up*
Ikkie's bound to drive me to Brum... it's like the law or something...
*Smokes tab*
*scratches self*
*barely stiffles yawn*

Vampiric
2007-09-10, 05:08 AM
So, this one's in london? What's the date? I might be able to make it... *shifty look*

T'would be good if I could...:smallbiggrin:

Charity
2007-09-10, 05:39 AM
Brum (http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/GenerateContent?CONTENT_ITEM_ID=917&CONTENT_ITEM_TYPE=0&MENU_ID=163) Brum (http://www.enjoyengland.com/ideas/city-breaks/cities-a-f/birmingham/index.aspx?WT.srch=1&DCSext.camp_desc="Main") Brum (http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/images/birmingham.jpg)

is where its at you cats

bom bom bom bomba bom bom bom bom
bomba bom bom bom bom

Edit - Sooo Matthew are you comming to this meet up huh? eh eh? huh? well? eh? huh?

Ikkitosen
2007-09-10, 08:48 AM
*Puts feet up*
*Smokes tab*
*scratches self*
*barely stiffles yawn*

*puts feet up*#
Chaz is bound to drive me to Brum...and to my Ma's house for a cuppa...
*refrains from smoking*
*drinks tea*
*eats tiffin cake*

Archonic Energy
2007-09-10, 09:13 AM
*Puts feet up*
*Smokes tab*
*scratches self*
*barely stiffles yawn*

*puts feet up*#
Chaz is bound to drive me to Brum...and to my Ma's house for a cuppa...
*refrains from smoking*
*drinks tea*
*eats tiffin cake*

*puts feet up*
one of them will be passing near where i can be picked up... Maybe
*sneezes*
*Orders Mocha to go*
*gets back to "Work"*

Charity
2007-09-10, 09:21 AM
*sigh*
*puts on poorly fitting cheerleader outfit*
It worked last time
*sigh*

Music starts ...

Hey Ikkie you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Ikkie, hey Ikkie.
Hey Ikkie you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Ikkie, hey Ikkie.

Hey Ikkie what a pity...

Edit - Here you go matey
http://uk.gizmodo.com/keyboard_n_ganga_3.jpg_thumb-thumb.jpg

Archonic Energy
2007-09-10, 09:26 AM
*sigh*
*puts on poorly fitting cheerleader outfit*
It worked last time

*Burns eyes out*
*Acid's Brain @ mental image of C in a cheerleaders outfit*
better....
can someone pass me my Keyboard?
I still have work to do, and i don't need my brain for that!

Ikkitosen
2007-09-10, 09:45 AM
Luckily for me I can't see that pic :smallbiggrin: Just a white box with a little x in it.

I say we make AE drive. Surely he can just press a button on his laptop and it'll turn into a (very heavy) car with blue neons - pimpin' stylee :smallcool:

Archonic Energy
2007-09-10, 09:51 AM
I say we make AE drive. Surely he can just press a button on his laptop and it'll turn into a (very heavy) car with blue neons - pimpin' stylee :smallcool:
LOL!
Just because my Laptop had enough fan motors in it to propell a blimp, doesn't mean i can drive it!
or infact Drive at all, such a waste being tee-total & a non-driver don't you think? :smalltongue:

you'll be sad to hear that old blueie died last month...
i miss my games :smallfrown:

Charity
2007-09-10, 09:57 AM
Type two diabeties?

Ikkitosen
2007-09-10, 09:57 AM
1. Bury poor old lappie.
2. Pay £350 for a one-week intensive driving course (www.learning2drive.co.uk).
3. Get licence.
4. Buy car - get insurance, tax, fuel etc.
5. Drive Chaz and Ikki to Birmingham - it's ok, no need to get a map, Ikki knows the way.
6. Profit!

Archonic Energy
2007-09-10, 10:07 AM
Type two diabeties?
Motherboard failure... aparantly the M7700s are known for this fault... bloody 1 year warranty!:smallfurious:

1. Bury poor old lappie.
2. Pay £350 for a one-week intensive driving course (www.learning2drive.co.uk).
3. Get licence.
4. Buy car - get insurance, tax, fuel etc.
5. Drive Chaz and Ikki to Birmingham - it's ok, no need to get a map, Ikki knows the way.
6. Profit!

i'm sorry but points 4 & 6 seem to be mutually exclusive :smallamused:
i love how they no longer call intensive driving courses "Crash courses"

here's a better plan.

1. Strip all savalageable parts from lappie
2. Sell parts
3. Sell "Laptop" as a novelty doorstop
4. Buy new laptop
5. Play Bioshock
6. find price of weekend return to Birmingham
7. have minor myocardial infarction
8. attempt to hich a lift
9. get picked up by a trucker
10. wake up in Brazil with no money, no clothes, and a worrying rash.
11. have major myocardial infarction
14. Profit

Ikkitosen
2007-09-10, 10:12 AM
1. Strip all savalageable parts from lappie
2. Sell parts
3. Sell "Laptop" as a novelty doorstop anchor for QE2
4. Buy new laptop
5. Play Bioshock
6. find price of weekend return to Birmingham
7. have minor myocardial infarction
8. attempt to hich a lift
9. get picked up by a trucker
10. wake up in Brazil with no money, no clothes, and a worrying rash.
11. have major myocardial infarction
14. Profit

Fixed that for ya. Have fun in Brazil man.

Charity
2007-09-10, 10:17 AM
not after last time

http://www.tanks-alot.co.uk/images/crush4.gif

Bah too slow

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1256291/2/istockphoto_1256291_laptop_in_the_ocean_at_sunset. jpg
It'll never float Archie
http://www.businessinnovationinsider.com/images/2006/08/Exploding%20Dell%20laptop.jpg
Archies party piece

Archonic Energy
2007-09-10, 10:35 AM
Bah too slow

http://www.businessinnovationinsider.com/images/2006/08/Exploding%20Dell%20laptop.jpg
Archies party piece

hey i resent that it's not a Dell...

...ok so Alienware WERE purchaced by dell that doesn't make my machine a dell... does it?

...:smalltongue:

Hoggy
2007-09-10, 11:11 AM
Well, it's pretty definate I won't be there now - even if I could get off work, I've been invited to a mahoosive party in leicester by my Download friends. Sorry, but y'all be havin' a good time without me.

Dragor
2007-09-10, 12:29 PM
Oooh new thread! I was a bit late on the pick-up, but still.... meh.

Oi, oi! You lucky people! If all else fails, get over to Leicester and we'll have a grand old time!

Okay, you may call this lazy, but.... Well, alright, I am. Come over here, I can't move out of my seat. :smallwink:

Please?

Last_resort_33
2007-09-10, 03:48 PM
Ahem......

Apologies...

PM me the number and I'll get something sorted.

Archonic Energy
2007-09-17, 08:45 AM
*unsubtle bump*

any news yet anyone?

Charity
2007-09-18, 07:49 AM
Here you go Archie have a b on me... looks like you could use one... Oh and I'm taking the p.

Archonic Energy
2007-09-18, 08:26 AM
Here you go Archie have a b on me... looks like you could use one... Oh and I'm taking the p.

*decodes cryptic spelling error joke*

thanks C.

Last_resort_33
2007-09-18, 10:06 AM
If we can't pull this thing off, would anyone be willing to get together for a drink in Leeds.... If you can give me a phone number for the place you said was OK ikkie, I don't mind phoning them to ask questions and stuff and book it on my card.... the only thing I can't do is go and have a look at the place

Charity
2007-09-20, 02:26 AM
Ikkie is on an adventure holiday team building exercise, he'll be back at the weekend, fear not sweet prince all is in hand I'm sure.

Last_resort_33
2007-09-20, 05:23 AM
fear not sweet prince all is in hand I'm sure.
fear FEAR FEARFEAR

Glad you think I'm sweet though

KuReshtin
2007-09-21, 01:23 AM
It's looking very unlikely that I'll be able to make it at the mmoment.
Can't seem to afford it.

UNless I can round up a couple more people from around here to share travel costs and hotel costs with, that is.

And just to jump on the band wagon:
Ikki, have you found any suitable venue yet?:)

Charity
2007-09-21, 02:37 AM
It's looking very unlikely that I'll be able to make it at the mmoment.
Can't seem to afford it.

UNless I can round up a couple more people from around here to share travel costs and hotel costs with, that is.

And just to jump on the band wagon:
Ikki, have you found any suitable venue yet?:)

http://www.anglesey.info/Rhigos%20-%20a%20view%20towards%20the%20Brecon%20Beacons%20A ug%202005.jpg
See any RJ45 sockets? Ikkie can't hear you, unless you shout really loud.
http://www.breconmountainrailway.co.uk/images/header.jpg
I'm not even sure they have electricity in Wales yet..
Get Tom V to go with you KuReshtin, or Matthew, he's vaguely up north.
http://www.aberdareonline.co.uk/content/public/gallery/images/Brecon_Beacons/brecon3.jpg
You are rather ...

Ikkitosen
2007-09-21, 06:46 AM
*Enter Ikki, bruised, battered, knackered but upbeat*

As Charity said, I've been incommunicado all week in (surprisingly) sunny Wales, learning how to be super-duper-effective at work via the medium of climbing, caving, gorge walking in the dark and such. I'm now back. And tired.

Cheers for keeping the masses informed Chaz :smallsmile:

So, I have spoken to the (new) room people. The 1st of December is booked up. They have a provisional booking for the 8th, so they're going to check with those people to see if they really want it or not. I can call them next week to find out, or they may call me before that.

What I need to know is how many people we're going to have. This is important; we need a roll call. Since I didn't write the first post of this thread I can't do the whole attending list thing, but if people can post their interest here then I'll keep a list and maybe LR33 can put one in his opening post.

Room:
The room is £150. However, if we have food it's only £50. With 20 of us this is only £2.50 each.

Food choices:
We can have buffet food, which starts at £5.50 each and goes up to £19.95 each.
We can have proper meals, which are a pretty decent pub menu ranging from £6.99 to £19.95 but which are 2 for 1, bringing them into a more decent price range (although I'm guessing the £6.99 meal will be potato skins or something).

Now obviously, if 20 of us have the cheap buffet, that's £2.50 + £5.50 = £8 each. I hope to get more than 20 though since that pays the venue only £160; £10 more than just an empty room booking :smallbiggrin: However, that's their problem in the end.

Should it turn out that they're booked then a roll call will still be needed if we're going to get this thing moving, so let's do taht anyway.

And I'm done. you can stop reading now.

No, seriously. Just stop.

What are you doing?? :smallbiggrin:

Charity
2007-09-21, 07:11 AM
Ooo well I don't know.... er can I can't I?

Yeah of course I'm going, and I guess for the price of a cup of tea I will even drive up there, ya brummie slacker you.
As for the rest of you go out and torture bully persuade the UK crowd to get their backsides up/down to Brum.

Go on, of you go. Fly my pretties MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Ikkitosen
2007-09-21, 07:14 AM
I'll be driving mate, no worries. It makes sense for me to since I know the area, can pick people up from the train station, etc. Plus, y'know, I'll be staying at my Ma's place in all likelyhood :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and what did you do to Chelsea while I was away. Lol!

Charity
2007-09-21, 07:18 AM
W00t!

Drinky drinky drink drink drink... er ahem.
Edit - Hang on... your just scared after Archie and Jontoms near-truck experiances last time arn't you?
Chelsea? *whistles innocently subconciously checking the concealed mannila envelope*

Kantur
2007-09-21, 07:22 AM
If I can sort transport, I'll be there. What's the closest train station? I'll start looking at train prices.

Castaras
2007-09-21, 07:24 AM
*makes a note to go poke Lensman to check that the 8th will be okay*

I think it'll be okay...

Exachix
2007-09-21, 07:30 AM
I hope so.

Charity
2007-09-21, 08:43 AM
Vagueman strikes again!
and that chicken is going nowhere foxface:smalltongue:
*prod prod hastle poke*

Ikkitosen
2007-09-21, 11:09 AM
Trains: anywhere to BNS (Birmingham New Street). BNS to Barnt Green (no need to book this in advance - less than £3 cost). I'll come get you.

Timberwolf
2007-09-21, 11:17 AM
Where in Barnt Green are you having this ?

Totally Guy
2007-09-21, 11:19 AM
I'm in. Hopefully I can try a variety of things this time. It felt like I'd missed lot's of little elements last time all spend one big element.

Glaivemaster
2007-09-21, 11:20 AM
I should be able to make it

Last_resort_33
2007-09-21, 06:17 PM
Make it so number one.

Ikkitosen
2007-09-22, 02:43 AM
Where in Barnt Green are you having this ?

I never said it was in Barnt Green, I said the nearest train station was Barnt Green :smalltongue:

The place that's letting me know is the Oak Tree, in Rednal. Just a few minutes' drive from BG station.

Archonic Energy
2007-09-22, 04:13 PM
what the hell are you doing up at quater to nine on a saturday?!?

oh and yes i'll come on the 8th

zombie chick
2007-09-23, 05:59 PM
i will be up for it and make sure i can get down and book time off work etc.
will be nice to see everyone again

eidreff
2007-09-23, 06:12 PM
A new englisher ITP i can get to brum on the proscribed date but will need guidance from there on in. (hotels will be be my prefered option since i'm traveling from Yorkshire so any suggestions?)

be nice to put faces to names!

Castaras
2007-09-24, 02:32 AM
Checked it with the evil dadish thing. Yes, I'm coming again. :smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy
2007-09-24, 03:53 AM
Checked it with the evil dadish thing. Yes, I'm coming again. :smallbiggrin:

i'm sure he doesn't apreciate being called evil.
though i'm sure he won't read this... it's not as if he has a GITP account*

on another note by clearing the 1st it means i don't have an excuse for something else. yay**

(*this thing sucks at sarcasm.)
(** this thing still sucks at sarcasm)

Kantur
2007-09-24, 06:31 AM
KuReshtin:

Where about are you heading from and how're you travelling?

If it's feasable for me as well, then I'll be happy to share costs.

((I'm Stirling based, so you know.))

KuReshtin
2007-09-24, 09:20 PM
Kantur, I'll be travelling from Largs, so very West-coastish.
Most likely, if I can rustle up the money to go, I'll be driving down south.
Last time, we headed down south on the Friday night, so that we wouldnt have to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning, but that can definitely be discussed.

Lensman
2007-09-25, 02:57 AM
Just to confirm that Castaras and I will be attending (assuming I don't get mugged by real life again) - any of you masochistic enough to want another Star Wars game?

Oh, and Castaras... you're right, I am evil. :smalltongue:

Charity
2007-09-25, 03:41 AM

You should definately have followed that with, I'm cutting your allowance...
Amateur :smalltongue:

Archonic Energy
2007-09-25, 04:02 AM

if He's evil then do you really think she gets one to cut?
infact start charging her rent. backdated from the day she was born...
THAT'S evil!

Last_resort_33
2007-09-25, 04:41 AM
No... Evil is when you steal someone's car when it is left outside a repair garage and drained entirely of coolant...

I am not a happy bunny, and I am certainly not a rich bunny either.

"A very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater" I think I'll add car thieves to that too.

Castaras
2007-09-25, 07:28 AM
Thought you were an ape, not a bunny...

But ouch, that sounds crap LR. You have my sympathy.

He's got a point there Lens. :smallamused:

Last_resort_33
2007-09-25, 08:45 AM
any of you masochistic enough to want another Star Wars game?

Of course I am!

Kantur
2007-09-25, 09:41 AM
Leaving Friday would suit me fine, I was planning on doing that anyway since my Friday finishes at 1. I know, bloody students. :smallwink:

KuReshtin
2007-09-25, 10:32 AM
any of you masochistic enough to want another Star Wars game?

Yeah, okay. I can do that. Unless you feel like having more people play that didn't play last time.

No... Evil is when you steal someone's car when it is left outside a repair garage and drained entirely of coolant...

I am not a happy bunny, and I am certainly not a rich bunny either.

Ouch. That does in deed suck donkey balls.
I can kind of relate, st least to the not having any money, after the garage charged £500 for my service and MOT the other week.

Thank Thor for credit cards.

Leaving Friday would suit me fine, I was planning on doing that anyway since my Friday finishes at 1. I know, bloody students. :smallwink:

Sounds good, then. I should finish at 3, unless they change my shift around at work. Then I'll just have to see if Surfer99 decides to tag along.

Lensman
2007-09-25, 12:17 PM
Yeah, okay. I can do that. Unless you feel like having more people play that didn't play last time.

I'm very happy to have my original victims players back. Any more who want in, just let me know.

As regards Castaras, no point in demanding money from her - she already owes me months of her non-existent allowance. No, I'm just going to leave her to walk home from Brum...

The_Librarian
2007-09-27, 09:06 AM
I'm very happy to have my original victims players back. Any more who want in, just let me know.

me me me! Although, I don't have paladin or wolf stats, will that be an issue? I promise not to mock the wizard's Initiative rolls much

Woot! Birmingham! I can do 1st or 8th, whichever we get (sounds like the 8the at the moment) and this time I intend to stay to the end. Looking forward to it already :) The wolf, funnily enough, is already there.

*skims through thread*
Why is Charity in a cheerleading outfit?

Archonic Energy
2007-09-27, 10:05 AM
me me me! Although, I don't have paladin or wolf stats, will that be an issue? I promise not to mock the wizard's Initiative rolls much

*snip*

Why is Charity in a cheerleading outfit?

not Wizard, Scorceror... sheez! :smalltongue:
i cast *Sleep*
and it's best not to ask too many questions when it comes to Charity

Last_resort_33
2007-09-27, 04:58 PM
Could ye give us all an address for this place... it doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be A venue.

Let's get it all booked so we can start sorting out games...

I wish to play star wars and if Aldan is doing his Serenity game, I shall play that as well, if we can squeeze a game of OOTS or nuclear war in the middle then all the better.... does someone have a copy of OOTS yet?

Castaras
2007-09-28, 02:30 AM
does someone have a copy of OOTS yet?

Aye.

Should be able to bring it along...

Ikkitosen
2007-09-28, 02:08 PM
I'm up for some Star Wars.

Checking up on the venue (suprise suprise, they haven't returned my call) is a job for the weekend - blame draconian communication policies at work!

KuReshtin
2007-09-29, 04:42 AM
I'm afraid I have to announce that I can not make the Birmingham meet on the 8th of December.

Just got a phone call from my brother where he said that he and a few of his mates had decided to come over for a visit that weekend and they's already booked the flights.

So I'm out for this one. Sorry, folks.

KuReshtin
2007-10-05, 08:02 AM
So, did I completely kill this thread off by saying I wasn't going to attend, or what?
Cause I didn't mean to.

Last_resort_33
2007-10-05, 08:06 AM
Well now you're not going the rest of us have given up...

You've just gone and ruined it for the rest of us:smallwink:

seriously, what's going on... who's hosting RPGs? I know about Lensman, but will there be anyone else?

Lensman
2007-10-05, 12:39 PM
I know about Lensman

Eeek! It's not true! I've got an alibi! Whatever you've heard, it's lies!

(What'll it cost to buy the negatives?):smallwink:

Archonic Energy
2007-10-05, 04:41 PM
i can bring monopoloy... :smalltongue:

Timberwolf
2007-10-05, 05:24 PM
I'm the boat. I don't care who gets the car, I'm having the boat.

Castaras
2007-10-07, 07:02 AM
Dibs on the horsey. :smallbiggrin:

I'm da Rogue!
2007-10-07, 08:11 AM
Awww... :smallfrown:

I'm so jealous of you guys.

Promise me you'll post lots of photos afterwards:smallsmile:

Charity
2007-10-07, 12:13 PM
i can bring monopoloy... :smalltongue:

Dibs on being banker

What?

I spoke to (well spilled wine on) Ikkie the other day.. well yesterday in fact. The venue folk are still being hopeless in the phoning him back stakes, however Ikkie will be visiting them this comming weekend and sorting them the heck out ... if he can keep off the beans.

Castaras
2007-10-07, 12:15 PM
Awww... :smallfrown:

I'm so jealous of you guys.

Promise me you'll post lots of photos afterwards:smallsmile:

If it's gonna be anything like last time, we will. :smalltongue:

Archonic Energy
2007-10-08, 05:50 AM
i take it that's a yes for monopoly then...

Memo: pack travel monopoloy.

Charity
2007-10-08, 06:08 AM
I'll bring Nuclear war of course, I will badger Ikkie to bring the (slightly red wine stained) Bean game.
Obviously I would love to play in Lensmans game again.

Expect patchy updates from Ikkie as he is incommunicado for the time being... *rubs hands in evil rumour mongering glee*

He's on the run for crimes against the state, with a dolphin accomplace/love interest that he'd previously liberated from the Birmingham aquarium/tuna cannery.

Last_resort_33
2007-10-08, 06:28 AM
He's on the run for crimes against the state, with a dolphin accomplace/love interest that he'd previously liberated from the Birmingham aquarium/tuna cannery.

I'd always suspected...

Exachix
2007-10-08, 07:26 AM
I'll bring Nuclear war of course, I will badger Ikkie to bring the (slightly red wine stained) Bean game.
Obviously I would love to play in Lensmans game again.

BEAN GAME! (Bohnanza? / w/e.)

Castaras
2007-10-08, 07:28 AM
Bean game?

Never heard of it. :smalltongue:

Note to self: Play this "Bean game".

Anyone bringing Munchkin?

Charity
2007-10-08, 07:32 AM
Bohnanza (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/11) indeed.

Quite a cool game as it goes... though never trust Ikkie... bah it's no fun this giving him grief malarky when he's not about to appreciate it.

Bohnanza, is a dead simple game, the hardest bit is remembering you're not allowed to re-order your hand.

Edit - Links for Cas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohnanza)

I have Munchkin... somewhere, though only the basic set.

Castaras
2007-10-08, 07:42 AM
I have Munchkin and the Unnatural Axe expansion...

Wasn't it Eld who said something about having a silly amount of Munchkiny stuff?

banjo1985
2007-10-08, 08:01 AM
I've got Munchkins 1-5, Cthulhu & Munchkin Bites with all the expansions. Oh and Munchkin Impossible :smallsmile:

If I manage to find the time to come to this I'll bring a selection of those, and the genius that is Battle Cattle!

Yuki Akuma
2007-10-08, 10:44 AM
Charity is begging me to come. So, eh, I'll see what I can do. :smalltongue: Might be difficult, as I have family gatherings around Christmas... plus the whole "so broke my bank account is negative" thing.

Maybe I could GM a game of FATAL...

On second thoughts, no.

I'll GM a game of Risus, instead.

Happily, Risus has a Christmas adventure series (a really long one), so I don't even have to come up with anything!

Charity
2007-10-09, 09:33 AM
comming to a taproom near you (http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/necards.htm)

He lands the final expansion ... hooray for the weak dollar!
2 for a pound... bargin. (http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi)

zombie chick
2007-10-11, 04:23 AM
banjo you have me beat on munchkin games (but only just), but i will still bring a couple of sets, i reckon that having more then one set available is better then everyone forgetting to bring it (hint to the OOTS boardgame owners) ;)

i would like to get involved with one of the roleplaying games this time. maybe the starwars one.

and will stay clear of monopoly like the plague :P

and if the bean game is the one im thinking of, please bring it

ikkitosen, any word on the venue?

Eldpollard
2007-10-11, 05:31 AM
I have Munchkin and the Unnatural Axe expansion...

Wasn't it Eld who said something about having a silly amount of Munchkiny stuff?

Yes it was. I have The first munchkin with three expansions, bites with expansion, super, munchkin fu and star munchkin with expansion. I can bring those.

Charity
2007-10-11, 05:55 AM
ikkitosen, any word on the venue?

I will be speaking for Ikkie for the time being*, as he has been transported to the dark ages and has no internet.
He would say if he were able, that he is visiting the venue this weekend to try and sort things out with them.

* He didn't say I could, but he ain't here to stop me Mwahahaahahaahaha

While I'm at it, I'm sure he'd like me to tell you all about his lifelong obssesion with, dressing as a mermaid and sneaking into the penguin enclosure late at night...

Archonic Energy
2007-10-11, 09:48 AM
and will stay clear of monopoly like the plague :P

hey... i LIKE monopoloy. :smallfrown:

and i always thought that Ikkie was a bit.... odd
Obviously since he's not defending himself it must be true!

Last_resort_33
2007-10-12, 01:30 AM
While I'm at it, I'm sure he'd like me to tell you all about his lifelong obssesion with, dressing as a mermaid and sneaking into the penguin enclosure late at night...

's funny, cos I always saw him as more of a dolphin guy.... well, people can surprise you I suppose...

Archonic Energy
2007-10-12, 03:27 AM
's funny, cos I always saw him as more of a dolphin guy.... well, people can surprise you I suppose...

Fat Tony: i thought you told me he was dead?
Mafia Guy: No, i said he's sleeping with the fishes.

gotta love the simpsons.

Ikkitosen
2007-10-14, 03:02 PM

Don't tell anyone but I'm secretly Batman, and I'm looking for this guy:

http://www.bluntinstrument.org.uk/englishman/penguin.jpg

*Newsflash* *Newsflash* *Newsflash*

I have spoken to the venue, and WE ARE ON. I repeat WE ARE ON.

Date: 8th of December.

Venue: The Oak tree (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/28/28041/Oak_Tree/Rednal).

Accomodation: The Old Rose and Crown (http://www.oldroseandcrown.com/). Premier Travel Inn (http://www.premierinn.com/pti/home.do) (search for B45 postcode). Within a £10 taxi ride there are dozens - if you have trouble let me know (just don't expect a fast response - as you can no doubt tell from the wonderful Charity, my net access is somewhat limited).

So, now we can chat in earnest about games and such, and now I really need to know how many people are coming. This is now very important. Even if you have told us before, please do so again. Could someone please volunteer to organise this?

EDIT: until they do...

Confirmed:

Ikki
Castaras
Lensman
Charity (since I'm driving :smallwink:)
Glug (+lil' bro's?)
LR33
Em
Dark Dork?
Dim Dork?
Zombie Chick
The Librarian
Kantur
Archonic Energy
Exachix
BrokenButterfly
Purple Cloak?

So, party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party!

Castaras
2007-10-14, 03:03 PM
Castaras and Lensman are coming.

Dragor
2007-10-14, 03:05 PM
Same with the jealously. God damn restrictive parents. :smallmad:

Hope you all have a good time again. :smallsmile:

Totally Guy
2007-10-14, 04:29 PM
I'm up or it. Actually I'll see if I can get my little brothers to come. They aren't on the forum but we've spnt many an evening plumbing the depths of the Dungeon of Dorukan.

I should bring that game.

Last_resort_33
2007-10-14, 05:03 PM
Mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe mememememememememememememememememememememememememe !
I would like to come.

So would Emily. I'll prod the Dark Dork and the Dim Dork, but I can't see why they wouldn't be coming....

Ikkitosen
2007-10-14, 05:52 PM
Same with the jealously. God damn restrictive parents. :smallmad:

Hope you all have a good time again. :smallsmile:

How old are you Dragor, and whereabouts are you? I'm happy to vouch for the safety of the venue and be the Responsible Adult if your parents need some reassurance. Let me know and I can let you know contact details.

Totally Guy
2007-10-15, 01:33 AM
On closer inspection it's only 2 roads from where I was living for the first half of the year. Pretty long roads but not far in the car.

The meetup, once again, favours my geography. Hey I could visit the girls I lived with the next day for added value.

zombie chick
2007-10-15, 02:02 AM
hello just got back from whitby, but i am definately coming in december :D
as for accomodation im staying with some friends.

ikki i am going to bring down a stuffed penguin for you ;)

archonic energy - no offense meant, you guys can play as much as you want with the dog and winning beauty contests ;)

Last_resort_33
2007-10-15, 02:08 AM
hello just got back from whitby,

grrrrr:smallfurious:

Each time, SOMETHING stops me from going...

The_Librarian
2007-10-15, 06:33 AM
*Newsflash* *Newsflash* *Newsflash*

I have spoken to the venue, and WE ARE ON. I repeat WE ARE ON.

Date: 8th of December.

Accomodation: The Old Rose and Crown (http://www.oldroseandcrown.com/). Premier Travel Inn (http://www.premierinn.com/pti/home.do) (search for B45 postcode). Within a £10 taxi ride there are dozens - if you have trouble let me know (just don't expect a fast response - as you can no doubt tell from the wonderful Charity, my net access is somewhat limited).

So, now we can chat in earnest about games and such, and now I really need to know how many people are coming. This is now very important. Even if you have told us before, please do so again. Could someone please volunteer to organise this?

EDIT: until they do...

Confirmed:

Ikki
Castaras
Lensman
Charity (since I'm driving :smallwink:)
Glug (+lil' bro's?)
LR33
Em
Dark Dork?
Dim Dork?

So, party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party!

I'll be there!
*smiles happily*

Charity
2007-10-15, 06:49 AM
I'll be there!
*smiles happily*

Prepares ear.

I think Yuki said he would... but he has said that before..
Saph is a probably no sadly.. and I am still trying to hastle Matthew into comming

Come on Gaming forum Represent!

Totally Guy
2007-10-15, 07:14 AM
Remember to bring avatars, as a printout, or a badge or evenon a t-shirt design like Archonic Energy did.. It'll help people remember who's who. Probably less of an issue this time as those that attended last time probably remember, to some extent, who we met once we got back to the forum.

Kantur
2007-10-15, 07:14 AM
I should be able to make it, though there's a slight possibility I won't - might have an exam that day.

Ikkitosen
2007-10-15, 08:02 AM
Updated attending list on P8 :smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy
2007-10-15, 08:36 AM
yes.

i'm probably going to attend
(discounting serious injury/death/apocylpse)

Charity
2007-10-15, 09:13 AM
yes.

i'm probably going to attend
(discounting serious injury/death/apocylpse)

Calls off the hit... well puts it back till the new financial year.

KuReshtin
2007-10-15, 04:42 PM
I am sadly a no-go for the X-mas meet.

Last_resort_33
2007-10-16, 04:49 AM
I am sadly a no-go for the X-mas meet.

awwww, It would be great to see you again... Well I suppose we'll have to have ANOTHER one in the summer just for your benefit.