PDA

View Full Version : How do you describe THP?

lesbiasparrow
2017-06-12, 07:57 PM
I'm playing a Fighter 1/Fiendish Bladelock X in an online game and I'm struggling with how to describe all my THP. (If we were at a table I'd be pretty brief about it, but people tend to put a little more time and effort into their posts.)

The THP I get from Dark One's Blessing I've been describing as almost a "high" from killing something, and I'm thinking of making that more explicit, but what about False Life (I have Fiendish Vigor) or Armor of Agathys?

So, how would you describe the subjective experience of having temporary hit points, narratively?

Squiddish
2017-06-12, 08:19 PM
Well, since HP isn't meat, fiendish vigor could be a mix of resolve and sheer magically generated adrenaline.

For armor of agathys, just imagine the ice chipping off as the temp HP is depleted.

Sigreid
2017-06-12, 08:54 PM
I'm playing a Fighter 1/Fiendish Bladelock X in an online game and I'm struggling with how to describe all my THP. (If we were at a table I'd be pretty brief about it, but people tend to put a little more time and effort into their posts.)

The THP I get from Dark One's Blessing I've been describing as almost a "high" from killing something, and I'm thinking of making that more explicit, but what about False Life (I have Fiendish Vigor) or Armor of Agathys?

So, how would you describe the subjective experience of having temporary hit points, narratively?

As you strike down your foe you capture a piece of his fleeing soul, consuming it to fill yourself with devilish resilience.

Ralanr
2017-06-12, 09:01 PM
Adrenaline. Pure and simple.