PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [WotW spoilers] Gear recommendations for an 8th level Shaman in my situation?

Coidzor
2017-06-13, 12:00 AM
So I'm in a Pathfinder game. Specifically a Way of the Wicked game, so turn back now if you haven't completed Chapter 2.

Anyway, I'm an Unsworn Shaman, level 8. I've got a 6th level Wizard cohort who has cooperative crafting, so we can belt things out fairly rapidly, which is good because we're basically equipping our party and cohorts.

Currently we are the masters of a Fortress-Temple-Mountain in the middle of a magical-primeval forest-jungle, but also within relatively short travel time from a Small City which is the regional seat of governance.

As part of this dungeon, we have ~100 followers that work to maintain it, perform a ritual that is the reason we're here,
make mundane items, modify the dungeon terrain (such as by making and installing portcullises), act as extra sets of eyes on the path up to our base and the various entrances to it, and so on and so forth.

We also have a tribe of ~30 Boggards that we're training to be more vicious and competent fighters. We've most recently succeeded in giving them all martial weapon proficiency and proficiency with medium armor. The Boggards have also caught us a number of CR 1 to 4 beasties to stock our dungeon with before their potentially inevitable recycling into undead.

The Boggards have a 5th level Barbarian champion that has since been reincarnated into a Kobold that currently only has non-magical equipment, partially because we're kinda hoping he dies again so we can reincarnate him into a better body than a kobold. At this point I'm tempted to tell him that he's going to be rewarded for his service by an upgrade to a better body and convince him to peacefully die and be Reincarnated. If we do equip him with basic gear, it'll likely be either hand-me-downs or something that I whip up for him out of my share or the party pot, partially because my character won big at gambling.

As far as the dungeon itself, mostly we've added a few extra walls and secret doors along with a number of traps.
Mostly we've gone with Spell Traps that I can provide inexpensively and quickly and a few Mechanical traps along with an awful lot of bear traps which act more as a hazard than are expected to actually accomplish anything.

Currently I have the following kit on my Shaman:

+4 Wisdom Headband
+2 Dexterity Belt
+2 Cloak of Resistance
+1 Breastplate
+1 Buckler
+2 Ring of Protection
1 mostly full and 1 almost depleted wand of CLW.
1 mostly full wand of Cure Moderate Wounds
Lyre of Building(more of a communal item, though)
Robe of Infinite Twine(a surprising amount of rope can be used in a dungeon by its denizens)
Traveler's Any-Tool
Voidstick(potentially will be used to make a Voidstick Zombie in the not too distant future)
Ring of Mindshielding
Hat of Disguise

My Wizard cohort currently has:

+2 Intelligence Headband
+1 Bracers of Armor(mostly for eventual armor properties)
+1 Ring of Protection(yay hand-me-downs)
+1 Cloak of Resistance(ditto)
a Wand of Identify
A few other utility wands
Lesser Rod of Elemental wossname(Substitutes Acid for whatever base elemental damage a spell does)

I was considering a Staff of Entwined Serpents for a while, but kept putting it off because there was something more pressing to craft. At this point it doesn't seem all that worthwhile.

I've been trying to pay more attention to my own personal gear after making a few items just to improve our base or accomplish things more quickly, but anything, especially anything relatively cheap, that can be made to improve communication within a dungeon or otherwise make it more of a pain to invade or sneak into would be great. We've already got a crystal ball that can scry anywhere inside of our dungeon and a constant set of eyes on it, but our only allies with at-will teleportation are physically incapable of entering that room due to the nature of what we're doing there, so it takes about 2-3 minutes to get from the scrying chamber to them in order to raise an alert if something fishy is detected.

I currently have 32,000 gp burning a hole in my pocket.