PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons & Dragons survey

Senelora
2017-06-13, 06:48 AM
Hello fellow Dungeons & Dragons players,
My name is Sanne and I’m from The Netherlands. I'm currently studying animation. I chose my exam to be an animation of Dungeons & Dragons. For this exam I need to know certain information about the people who play the game. I’m making a short tutorial animation about the game. Could you guys help me out and fill out these questions? I’d really appreciate it!

1. What is your age?
2. At what age did you start playing D&D?
3. Are you a boy or a girl?
4. What did you find difficult about the game at first?
5. What is the most important you think should be in a tutorial animation?

If you have something you’d really like to add, feel free to do so.
Some extra information if you guys want to know. I failed my first try on finishing the first part of my exam. The reason behind this was a lack of information. I have to make this animation and a lot of paperwork in two weeks from now.
Thanks to everyone who’s helping me out!

Lvl 2 Expert
2017-06-13, 07:25 AM
Hoi Sanne,

Some more information might help people answer the important questions.

How long will your animation be? That will help people give suggestions with the right amount of detail.
Is this in detail for any specific edition, or general? I'm asking because in the first case someone could suggest you explain say armor class, while in the latter case the focus will be much more on general concepts like the roles of the players and the DM.
Is this a how to play for people who already know what the game is and that they want to play it, or is there an aspect of explaining what an RPG is to the project?

Senelora
2017-06-13, 08:25 AM
Hoi Sanne,

Some more information might help people answer the important questions.

How long will your animation be? That will help people give suggestions with the right amount of detail.
Is this in detail for any specific edition, or general? I'm asking because in the first case someone could suggest you explain say armor class, while in the latter case the focus will be much more on general concepts like the roles of the players and the DM.
Is this a how to play for people who already know what the game is and that they want to play it, or is there an aspect of explaining what an RPG is to the project?

The animation will be between 1,5-2 minutes. The person I'm working for wants me to put these four aspects in the animation: The character sheet, the social part, the consequences and the fighting system. It will be for people who want to play D&D. It's to encourage people to play the game, instead of getting a whole book in your face with thousands of pages. They still need to read it for more detailed information. But I want to learn them the basics in one short animation video.
But this is not the most important part for people to know. The simple questions (the first three) are the most important ones. This extra information is only if people want to help me out even more.