PDA

View Full Version : Meetup GenCon 2007 GITP Meetup

Ranis
2007-08-04, 07:25 AM
The time has come once again, and we are a mere eleven days from the Best Four Days In Gaming. That said, we now bring the official GenCon GITP Meetup for all members attending GenCon and would like to hang out.

Foreward warning: I have procured a camera. I will be taking pictures. You have been warned.

www.iccrd.com/pdf/iccmap.pdf

We will be meeting in the Serpentine Lobby on the second floor of the convention center at 7PM Indiana time on Friday. Anyone homing in on me will find me probably with a messenger bag around my shoulder, a camera around my neck, and probably a plastic GenCon bag holding everything I've bought and procured freely that day. (They give out free stuff, I'm not a thief. :smalltongue: )

Also, anyone interested to meetup may also give me a PM, and in so I will be happy to give you my cell phone number if you get lost or have any questions about the Indianapolis area.

Anyone unable to meet this time, do not fret. This is as of now a tentative time and may be pushed or shoved in one way or the other to accommodate everyone's schedules. I just figured that 7PM would be good because the Circle Center Mall's food court would still be open at that time, and we could all grab a bite to eat.

Game on! ^_^

Thes Hunter
2007-08-04, 07:59 AM
The time has come once again, and we are a mere eleven days from the Best Four Days In Gaming. That said, we now bring the official GenCon GITP Meetup for all members attending GenCon and would like to hang out.

Foreward warning: I have procured a camera. I will be taking pictures. You have been warned.

www.iccrd.com/pdf/iccmap.pdf

We will be meeting in the Serpentine Lobby on the second floor of the convention center at 7PM Indiana time on Friday. Anyone homing in on me will find me probably with a messenger bag around my shoulder, a camera around my neck, and probably a plastic GenCon bag holding everything I've bought and procured freely that day. (They give out free stuff, I'm not a thief. :smalltongue: )

Also, anyone interested to meetup may also give me a PM, and in so I will be happy to give you my cell phone number if you get lost or have any questions about the Indianapolis area.

Anyone unable to meet this time, do not fret. This is as of now a tentative time and may be pushed or shoved in one way or the other to accommodate everyone's schedules. I just figured that 7PM would be good because the Circle Center Mall's food court would still be open at that time, and we could all grab a bite to eat.

Game on! ^_^

I believe me and Troggie are game. But we do have an event at 9 PM that evening.

And you will be able to find me, because I am a serious Thes.

Zherog
2007-08-04, 08:48 AM
I have a scheduled game at some point Friday evening, but I don't remember what time. If schedules work out, I'll try to be there. After all, Allara promised me a hug. :smallbiggrin:

Ranis
2007-08-04, 07:37 PM
Official Expectant List

Ranis
Trog
Thes Hunter
Zherog
Allarra
Zeb the Troll
ZombieRockStar
Amotis
PhoeKun
Indurain+Female Companion
Atreyu The Masked Llama
wxdruid
Catlover
EvilJames
Gengy
Gorbash Kazdar
Krade

This list is subject to edits and change. Check often.

Alarra
2007-08-04, 09:21 PM
You can add Zeb and me to said list as well.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-04, 11:27 PM
Friday at 7 PM. I can be there. Please let me come! I'm house-broken!!

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-04, 11:48 PM
He lies! I've seen him! :smalltongue:

Think I'll be there too. I have basically nothing actually planned for this convention. Is that a bad thing? Should I have been planning every aspect of this con for months in advance?

PhoeKun
2007-08-05, 12:30 AM
Think I'll be there too. I have basically nothing actually planned for this convention. Is that a bad thing? Should I have been planning every aspect of this con for months in advance?

You might consider it if you go again, but you should still have plenty of unplanned fun this year. It's GenCon, after all. Will even aimless wandering get old.

Side note: that is an absolutely gorgeous avatar, ZRS.

Other side note: expect Amotis and I at this gathering. We are likewise shooting from the hip, schedule-wise.

Amotis
2007-08-05, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I don't know where else to say it but...daaaamn. Nice work, Ego.

Indurain
2007-08-05, 02:55 AM
Add Indurain and his female companion as 2 more hip-shooters. *makes mental note to plan much more in advance next year*

Ranis
2007-08-05, 06:27 AM
Names added and updated.

wxdruid
2007-08-05, 12:40 PM
add Catlover (age 9) and myself ... ((although mine is dependent on leaving Iraq on time, so cross your fingers))

EvilJames
2007-08-05, 03:44 PM
I think i will try to be there

Ranis
2007-08-05, 05:02 PM
List updated.

Gengy
2007-08-05, 09:03 PM
I know not what events I'll be in (I'm lazy and haven't figured it all out quite yet), so I'll try my hardest to make it there. Everyone deserves to say hello to a Gerbil Horde Leader once in their life times.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-08-05, 11:19 PM
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it (especially since I could visit my cousin who works for the NCAA at the time to). We've got our second to last series of the year that weekend, so I'll be working. I was really hoping the team would be on the road that weekend since they were in town over Origins weekend, and really wanted to go to GenCon this year instead, but no such luck.

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-06, 01:38 AM
No need for a question mark next to my name. I will definitely be there.

Ranis
2007-08-06, 06:59 AM
Right-o. List edited and updated. Looks like we're going to have the largetst GITP meetup there's ever been, at least, looking from the pictures in the You thread.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-08, 12:06 AM
Hmmm....I may not be able to make it till Saturday. My boss tore her knee and may be out with surgery recovery on the Friday that I was supposed to be off work, plus, it is a pre-registration day for the school I work at. Further bulletins as this story breaks.

Ranis
2007-08-08, 07:09 AM
Okay, we can change it if need be; I didn't want to originally do it on Saturday due to the fact that that is the day that the costume contest happens; I wasn't sure how many people here would be dressing up to compete for for kicks and giggles. Keep us updated.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-09, 08:17 AM
No reason to change it on my account. My boss may not be having surgery when she expected, so plans are still up in the air, plus, I'll be there friday night. Maybe not till Midnight on Friday/Saturday, but I'll be there.

Zherog
2007-08-09, 09:16 AM
We will be meeting in the Serpentine Lobby on the second floor of the convention center at 7PM Indiana time on Friday.

Will the group be staying there, or going somewhere else? I have something going on until 8pm Friday.

Alarra
2007-08-09, 09:26 AM
If we don't stay, we can always call you and let you know where we are. There's a concert at 8 on Fri. that I considered going to that sounds kinda fun. Brobdblahdigen Bards (note that I do not know their actual name off the top of my head)...but yeah, I don't know if anyone other than the llama knows of/has interest in them...

Thes Hunter
2007-08-09, 09:36 AM
Will the group be staying there, or going somewhere else? I have something going on until 8pm Friday.

Even though the mall as suggested would be a wonderful place to visit, I think with all the comings and the goings of people it would be best just to stay in the convention center. That way there is less headaches for Ranis as well, from trying to organize this herd of cats. :smallsmile:

Castaras
2007-08-09, 09:43 AM
Right-o. List edited and updated. Looks like we're going to have the largetst GITP meetup there's ever been, at least, looking from the pictures in the You thread.

*Glances at the UKitp meetup*

Maybe you will, maybe you will. :smallwink:

Zherog
2007-08-09, 10:00 AM
If we don't stay, we can always call you and let you know where we are.

yeah, I figured if the group migrated somewhere I could give you a call when I was done. I'll take any excuse I can find to call a pretty lady. :smallwink:

Thes Hunter
2007-08-09, 10:03 AM
yeah, I figured if the group migrated somewhere I could give you a call when I was done. I'll take any excuse I can find to call a pretty lady. :smallwink:

Maybe you shouldn't let Zeb hear you say that. :smallwink:

Zherog
2007-08-09, 10:05 AM
Why? http://forums.gleemax.com/images/smilies/angelhidetail.gif

Ranis
2007-08-09, 07:15 PM
That way there is less headaches for Ranis as well, from trying to organize this herd of cats. :smallsmile:

This made me chuckle.

Everything still sounds like a go from my side, I'll be there about half an hour early if possible so that I can herd the cats in to where I am. With any luck, that lobby area shouldn't be too crowded, thus the second floor instead of the first floor.

Keep in mind that anyone who wants my phone number to get ahold of me in case things go amiss need only send me a PM for it. It may not be a bad idea.

Oh, and Thes is getting a hug. Deal. :smallbiggrin:

Amotis
2007-08-09, 09:59 PM
If we don't stay, we can always call you and let you know where we are. There's a concert at 8 on Fri. that I considered going to that sounds kinda fun. Brobdblahdigen Bards (note that I do not know their actual name off the top of my head)...but yeah, I don't know if anyone other than the llama knows of/has interest in them...

Oooh ooh! *raises hand*

If Phoe and I have time (aka, We're not doing anything and I drag her there) then We'll be attending them. Cooool. My friends will be jealous. :smalltongue:

Ranis, PM INCOMING! ERRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo.....*boom*

Ranis
2007-08-10, 08:59 AM
PMs responded to. Sounds like something I organize is actually coming together! It'll be a first.

Darn you, false-leadership-skills-teachers in the boy scouts, darn you.....*shakes fist*

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-10, 03:40 PM
The Brobdingnagian Bards are playing? Sweet! So totally there!

Now I've got "Donald, Where's Your Trousers?" stuck in my head.

wxdruid
2007-08-10, 08:18 PM
So is this on Friday? or Saturday?

I'm easy to spot, I have red hair....

and I made it back to the US.

Thes Hunter
2007-08-10, 10:01 PM
So is this on Friday? or Saturday?

I'm easy to spot, I have red hair....

and I made it back to the US.

Woo Hoo! Happy Leave!

But then again, I will be there in person to wish you greetings. :smallbiggrin:

Zherog
2007-08-11, 09:11 AM
PMs responded to. Sounds like something I organize is actually coming together! It'll be a first.

Darn you, false-leadership-skills-teachers in the boy scouts, darn you.....*shakes fist*

Heh. I don't think this'll cause your whole thing to come crashing down... but I'm not gonna be able to make Friday night. I have a seminar from 6-8pm, and then I have a pre-arranged game from 8pm until (hopefully) the wee early hours of the morning.

:smallannoyed:

I'll have to find another time to collect the hug Allara promised me. :smallbiggrin:

Ranis
2007-08-11, 05:51 PM
Would you like us to move the time back or forward a day, Zherog? We'd need to do it very, very soon if we do, and I'd need to know which day would be best for you.

Zherog
2007-08-11, 06:58 PM
I think when you're planning for this many people, it'll be virtually impossible to find a time that works for everybody. Don't move it on my account; if there's a bunch of folks who can't make that time, then yeah - it's time to reschedule. If I'm the only one, I don't think it's worth the hassle of rescheduling.

Ranis
2007-08-11, 07:28 PM
Okay, well, make sure you meet up with one of us, or at least me, so that I can get photographic evidence of you being there. :D

Zherog
2007-08-11, 07:58 PM
Your camera might break... :smallwink:

wxdruid
2007-08-12, 12:16 AM
And I'm finally at home. So much fun... just waiting for GenCon now.

Amotis
2007-08-12, 12:20 AM
...just waiting for GenCon now.

Join the club. :smalltongue:

Indurain
2007-08-12, 01:35 AM
Join the club. :smalltongue:

We have pudding.

Ranis
2007-08-12, 07:53 AM
We have pudding.

And video games.

And balloons.

You want a cupcake?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-13, 10:43 AM
HUZZAH!!!! As of now, I will be heading down late thursday evening and arrive Friday morning for the joyous joy of Gen-Con. This means I will be able to make it to the meet-up.

I'm going to need a new mask. The old one is getting kinda torn up.

Alarra
2007-08-13, 10:49 AM
Yay! And yeah, you do need a new mask. :smallcool:

Ranis
2007-08-13, 10:50 AM
Woot! Be glad to see you there.

Gorbash Kazdar
2007-08-13, 11:00 AM
I'll be there as well.

Ranis
2007-08-13, 12:32 PM
Added to the main list.

Gengy
2007-08-16, 03:10 PM
:smallfrown: It would appear that the ONE event that I promised my friends I'd go to with them is AT 7 pm on Friday... So I can't make it to see everyone.

However, if you really want to meet me, look for the guy toting the 2005 E3 bag(s), and sporting a pair of grey, laceless shoes. Catch everyone who I can.

Indurain
2007-08-18, 08:59 PM
I'll be there as well.

I'll have you know the Llama cried himself to sleep Friday night because there was no Gorbash. That is until we covered him in hay...he stopped making any noise after that.

We haven't heard from him since...should we be worried?

wxdruid
2007-08-19, 05:46 PM
Hm, I won't tell catlover that you killed the LLama and I do have a very incriminating video of you and LLama.

Bookman
2007-08-19, 06:13 PM
When do we start getting pictures to this "EPIC EVENT"?

Ego Slayer
2007-08-19, 06:34 PM
¡Tenga paciencia, Bookman!
Si yo puedo tener paciencia, lo puedes tener tambien.

(Be patient. If I can, you can too. :smallwink:)

*Looks around for Mal*... Oh, s... *runs!* :smalltongue:

wxdruid
2007-08-19, 06:52 PM
After I download them into my photobucket. I'm eating chocolate right now.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-19, 06:56 PM
After I download them into my photobucket. I'm eating chocolate right now.
At least we can see what kind of priorities you have. :smallbiggrin:

wxdruid
2007-08-19, 07:08 PM
I had a distinct lack of chocolate in the desert.....so chocolate is a priority

I'll post some in the you thread.....unless you want them here.

Ranis
2007-08-19, 10:39 PM
I just got back, and I'm currently the kind of exhausted that you would be after an 18 mile hike. I have the pics from the meetup, and our numbers actually exploded outside of what the official "I Will Be There List" had originally been. I beleive the final and abjucated meetup list was 23 people, making this year's GenCon meetup the largest in GITP history. I need to do some fidgety things with my cameras and using a different computer to upload the pics, but I promise I will put them up tomorrow.

Oh, and here's something else to whet your whistle: I have pictures of Zeb grappling a troll. Yes. Fear Zeb.

Renegade Paladin
2007-08-19, 10:43 PM
I also grappled the troll. :smallbiggrin: I'll have to secure the picture of it from one of my non-GitP friends, though.

Reinboom
2007-08-19, 10:45 PM
Cats can't do much to trolls... :smalleek:
I was best to just watch.

Ranis
2007-08-19, 10:52 PM
Yes, we totally didn't see Gorbash-I just realized it. That would have brought our total number to 24, but Gorbash was MIA. Also, Zherog WAS able to make it, albeit after the group shot had been taken. Oh, and I came out MAJORLY ahead this year at GenCon. I'll share later. Going to sleep now.

PhoeKun
2007-08-19, 10:56 PM
I only grappled Amotis. I don't think anyone got pictures of that, though...

Ego Slayer
2007-08-19, 11:01 PM
I only grappled Amotis. I don't think anyone got pictures of that, though...
You're baaaaaack! :smallbiggrin:

Maldraugedhen
2007-08-19, 11:10 PM
Hmm. Figures I stumble on this thread after the fact. I should monitor more than the middle three subforums...

I was at GenCon for the first time this year. Anybody who went to the seminar on what the video game industry has to learn from the tabletop industry would have seen me--I was the tall heavy guy in the brown shirt, third row from the front, near dead-center.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-19, 11:52 PM
You're baaaaaack! :smallbiggrin:

Love for PhoeKun (which we've all learnt is to be pronounced as "fee-kune" and now we shall nevermore pronounce it wrongly as "foe") but none for me, I'm hurt. :smalltongue:

I returns, safely, to my native land. Let it be known that the three Canadians among you had a hugely wonderful time (and were so glad that we got that 3 AM game of Kubb into our busy schedule :smallamused:).

I want to insert an in-joke here that only those in our hotel room (and those who spent significant time there) would know, but the others would likely throw a $2 banana at me for it. :smallamused: Ha! I got the first post on that, Indy!

Ego Slayer
2007-08-19, 11:55 PM
Love for PhoeKun (which we've all learnt is to be pronounced as "fee-kune" and now we shall nevermore pronounce it wrongly as "foe") but none for me, I'm hurt. :smalltongue:
Hey, you weren't back yet! :smalltongue:

I returns, safely, to my native land. Let it be known that the three Canadians umong you had a hugely wonderful time (and were so glad that we got that 3 AM game of Kubb into our busy schedule :smallamused:).
I can't believe I was sleeping while you were playing games... :smallannoyed:

I want to insert an in-joke here that only those in our hotel room (and those who spent significant time there) would know, but the others would likely hit me with a $2 banana. :smallamused:
Your in-jokes make me jealous beyond reason. :smallsigh:

Bookman
2007-08-19, 11:57 PM

I returns, safely, to my native land. Let it be known that the three Canadians umong you had a hugely wonderful time (and were so glad that we got that 3 AM game of Kubb into our busy schedule :smallamused:).

I want to insert an in-joke here that only those in our hotel room (and those who spent significant time there) would know, but the others would likely throw a $2 banana at me for it. :smallamused: Ha! I got the first post on that, Indy!

I know that's how it's pronounced. I remember PhoeKun educating us all :tongue:

3 am Kubb? o.O That's dedication.........

INSERT INSERT!

Alarra
2007-08-20, 07:11 AM
3am? Try 5am :smallwink:

Eep. It's 8:10, I have to go to work now. Holy wow am I exhausted. This weekend was fun and fantastic. I managed to get a short 4 hours sleep at Zeb's last night, because driving home at midnight just wasn't happening....not that it was easy at 4 either though. But I arrived home 2 minutes ago and now get to go start a new job. I'm sure my sleep deprived state will make a lovely impression. :smalltongue:

soozenw
2007-08-20, 08:54 AM
I'm jealous and awaiting pictures! Let us live vicariously through you!

Ranis
2007-08-20, 09:19 AM
Apparently my mother swiped the camera this morning before I woke up, so I'm going to have to wait until later tonight before I can get the pictures up. Sorry guys!!

Amotis
2007-08-20, 09:49 AM
3am? Try 5am :smallwink:

It was awesome, Phoe and I came back to Our hotel room after that night ("night") and found the hotel serving breakfast and more then a few customers eating.

Good luck to all who have their sleep schedules reversed. Including I. :smalleek:

But no really, thanks to everyone there. I felt very welcomed and around friends. Plus everyone is just very easy to talk to. A thousand thanks to Alarra for letting Phoe and I hang out as much as We did and everyone else for sharing their cool.

Is the quote book being posted? :smalltongue:

EvilJames
2007-08-20, 10:57 AM
Gah I forgot it was on the second floor and since i was 5 min late I assumed you guys had moved onto a new location to get something to eat or that it just didn't happen :( I never thought to check the 2nd floor :smallmad:

I guess I'll have to try again next year

Ranis
2007-08-20, 11:39 AM
Most of the group ate beforehand, so we could go see the Bards afterward. We were at those three tables we shoved together for a good hour or so, I think.

Alarra
2007-08-20, 12:47 PM
It was awesome, Phoe and I came back to Our hotel room after that night ("night") and found the hotel serving breakfast and more then a few customers eating.

Good luck to all who have their sleep schedules reversed. Including I. :smalleek:

But no really, thanks to everyone there. I felt very welcomed and around friends. Plus everyone is just very easy to talk to. A thousand thanks to Alarra for letting Phoe and I hang out as much as We did and everyone else for sharing their cool.

Is the quote book being posted? :smalltongue:

We loved having you all there and actually forgot at times that you weren't actually part of the people staying in our room. You and Phoe are both quite the awesome. This was really a great time and I loved getting to know all of you that I didn't already. I'll post my pictures later this evening, and yeah, I can post the quotes. Well, those that are board safe anyway. :smallwink:

Zherog
2007-08-20, 03:06 PM
Also, Zherog WAS able to make it, albeit after the group shot had been taken.

Yes, I was able to grace you all with my presence as I frantically ran from a seminar to an 18th level D&D game that ended with a TPK on the negative energy plane.

And I even got the awesome hug Alarra promised me. :biggrin:

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-20, 04:17 PM
Lucky. Now I'm all jealous.
I swear, one of these years I'll put a little camera in the room so I can RL lurk.

So, what if I want to see the NSFB quotes? What then?
Not Safe For Boards

Zherog
2007-08-20, 04:45 PM
My favorite moment of the meetup (well, the 5 minutes I was there):

Alarra, doing introductions: This is Zherog

*general looks of confusion from several people *

Somebody else: You know, the Guinness

Previously confused people: Oh, the Guinness

Ranis
2007-08-20, 05:22 PM
Okay, I just got the pics uploaded. I have at least one picture of everyone that came; if you want yours up just say so and I'll add it to the list here.

Individual pictures of most attendees:
Alarra!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/Alarra.jpg

Zeb The Troll!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/ZebTheTroll.jpg

Trog!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/Trog.jpg

Thes Hunter!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/Thes.jpg

Renegade Paladin!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/RenegadePaladin.jpg

Indurain and his Lady Friend!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/IndurainandhisLadyFriend.jpg

AngelSword!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/AngelSword.jpg

wxDruid!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/wxdruid.jpg

Catlover!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/Catlover.jpg

El Jaspero, the Pirate King!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/ElJasperoThePirateKing.jpg

Malachai The Lich King!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/MalachaiTheLichKing.jpg

Krade!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/Krade.jpg

I got there about 6:30 and peered through a program, waiting for more peeps to show, and I recognized Alarra, who gave me one of those deer-in-the-headlights expressions. I explained who I was, and was introduced to roughly six people, whom I snapped a picture of and then sat down at the table. We then waited for the rest of the entourage, during which time Alarra and Zeb PWNED Zeb and I in a game akin to speed that I cannot recall the name of off of the top of my head at the moment.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/Alarrapwning-1.jpg

A few more people showed up, and we quickly realized the tiny table we were sitting at wasn't going to hold seventeen people, much less the 23(!) that Alarra and Zeb told me that we were expecting. So, we pushed together three tables and had a giant, conglomeratory sit down, during which we filled up right quickly from:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/GiantTableshot.jpg

We sat there for a good 30 minutes, and did some chatting:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/EveryoneattheTable4.jpg

AngelSword and Krade had a little verbal combat:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/AngelSwordKrade.jpg

Alarra called the last of our giant (no pun intended) group:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/EveryoneattheTable1.jpg

El J, Madame Zelia, Pink Scroll, Just John, Thes, and Trog just kinda took it all in:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/EveryoneattheTable2.jpg

Zeb thought hard:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/ZebThinking.jpg

Trog drank a Monster:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/ThesandTrog.jpg

Renegade Paladin read Start of Darkness:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/RenegadePaladinReading2.jpg

Indurain had a lovely chat with wxDruid:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/EveryoneattheTable4.jpg

We then decided that no more would show and migrated to the giant half-dragon beholder mini in the Sagamore Ballroom to get the group shot.

I present to you the GITP GenCon 2007 Meetup official attendee group photo, in color.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/GITPGenCon2007Meetup.jpg
Front Row, left to right:
El Jaspero, the Pirate King, Madame Zelia, Sweet Rein, Thes Hunter, Pinkscroll, Alarra.
Back Row, left to right:
PhoeKun, Amotis, ZombieRockStar, Krade, wxDruid, Trog, Atreyu the Masked Llama sporting Catlover, Indurain, Malachai the Lich King, Ranis, Renegade Paladin, Zeb the Troll, AngelSword, and Just John.

We then migrated back to our table-island and chatted around for another ten minutes or so, before ZHEROG showed up out of left field!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/Zherog.jpg

For anyone keeping a headcount at this point, that is a grand total of 23 people, making this the largest GITP meetup ever. Awesome? Definitely.

We then split off our own separate ways, but not before Zeb got the crazy notion to go and grapple the giant troll mini next to the giant beholder mini:

Silly Zeb! You should know that's a -4 multiplier for your size and a +4 for him!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/ZebGrapplingTroll1.jpg

Zomgies he succeeded!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/Ranis__/ZebGrapplingTroll2.jpg
I guess the pen is mightier than the sword.

I want to leave off saying that just the fact that people came to the meetup at all shows that this is one of the coolest places on the interwebs; the fact that 23 showed up proves it. Props especially out to Alarra, AngelSword, Indurain and his lady-friend, whom I got to know a bit better than the others; you guys are the kind of people that keep giving me faith that there are good people in the world. For those whom I didn't get to talk to as much as I would have liked, there is definitely next year.

I'll be here.

AngelSword
2007-08-20, 07:05 PM
I just noticed. Are there any recent pictures of me without sunglasses?

Good times had all around. I'm glad I was convinced to go. I just wish I didn't have to vanish for several hours, as the meds I was taking knocked me on my non-ass.

I've also been convinced (by a very attractive rabbit) to become a part of Looney Labs, and am now a rabbit myself. I'll be happy to demo games for any of you:smallbiggrin:

Ranis
2007-08-20, 08:01 PM
Rabbits? I saw somebody in a Veera outfit...are were you talking about that chick in the "pirate" costume?

Reinboom
2007-08-20, 08:07 PM
Rabbit as in, the lady who was presenting and demoing different games from loony labs. http://www.looneylabs.com/
They are rabbits (and wear bunny bands)

Alarra
2007-08-20, 08:20 PM
Aaaaaaaallrighty....picture time! I'm not going to post a lot from the official meetup, since most of them wind up being duplicates of what Krade already posted. So most of this will be from the shenanigans in our room. I took surprisingly few pictures this year, and the first night my camera was being screwy, so until I figure out an easier, faster way to lighten them, I'll not post any from then. (Sorry Zeb and Indy)

Well, first off, here's another pic of the large group one. I know Ranis already posted one, but in mine everyone's looking at the camera. :smalltongue:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/group.gif
See Ranis's for people's names, cause I'm lazy like that.

And now for some fun in our room!
Ah pillow jousting....what fun we had with those... Here's Indy and Amotis...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/joust2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/joust.gif

And um...I'm not entirely sure what they're doing here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/indyamuhhuh.gif

Can you CanCan? Llama and Zeb can't. :smallwink:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/cancan.gif

Oooooh...a Sweet Rein on a Llama!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/sweetllama.gif

Apparently all this fun wore some people out...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/Ash.gif
The lovely Ashley....who we finally talked into joining the boards....Welcome Zuzu!!! :smallbiggrin:

And Phoe. *huggles*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/phoe.gif

Another group shot, this one in the hotel...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/group2.gif
We have:
In back - Alarra, Zeb, AngelSword, Llama
In middleish - Amotis, Phoe, Sweet Rein, Zombie
In front - Ashley, Indurain, Krade, Renegade Paladin

And of course, there was fun actually at the convention center too....

For example, Mr. Krade here broke the record for most donated in ..um...Cardhala? is that what it was? Anyway....throwing money at card towers and knocking them down, the money goes to charity and Krade here bid $160 for the privilege of having the first throw. Here's him and his coin.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/kradecoin.gif

And here he's throwing it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/kradethrow.gif

After, we enjoyed our chinese food. However, we did not enjoy the cookies. Fortune cookies should not be able to be unfolded....:smallannoyed:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/fortune.gif

And of course, the 5am kubb game, of which I could only get one picture to turn out where you could see anyone at all, cause you know, it was really dark, and my camera kinda sucks a lot. But here's Amotis throwing a kubb stick while Krade and Phoe watch on in rapt attention.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/5amkubb.gif

Oh. And this just amused us. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/sour-cream.gif

All in all....this was a blast and a half, thanks everyone! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

AngelSword
2007-08-20, 08:22 PM
Rabbits? I saw somebody in a Veera outfit...are were you talking about that chick in the "pirate" costume?

The Rabbits are people who run demos for Looney Labs. This rabbit…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Marissa.jpg
…convinced me to be a rabbit as well.

(Granted, given how well we hit it off, she probably could've convinced me to do anything:smalltongue: )

Ego Slayer
2007-08-20, 08:36 PM
PhoeKun... that is not a bad haircut. :smallamused:

... *ahem*

Ranis
2007-08-20, 09:21 PM
Alas, I missed out on the hotel hijinks due to inadvertently getting sucked into a five hour game of Illuminati, which is essentially Munchkin for....uhm...munchkins. Or pros. Or what have you.

Anyways, it was awesome seeing that all of you are not, in fact, very intelligent robots. Maybe next year I can join the festivities.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-20, 09:30 PM
Alas, I missed out on the hotel hijinks due to inadvertently getting sucked into a five hour game of Illuminati, which is essentially Munchkin for....uhm...munchkins. Or pros. Or what have you.

Anyways, it was awesome seeing that all of you are not, in fact, very intelligent robots. Maybe next year I can join the festivities.

You missed the games of...what did we play that night? Apples to Apples, I think? That was a great game. You should've been.

SDF
2007-08-20, 09:31 PM
I freaking love apples to apples. Well there is always next year, unless you know, I croak or something. :P

FdL
2007-08-20, 09:34 PM
YEAAAAH!!! ^^

Great pics guys! It was good to get to see you as a group of human beings (well... :p) having fun ^^
Keep them coming, I'm sure there's mmore of those :p

Oh, and really Phoe, it's a cool haircut. Got a Lennon thing going on. ;)

And Amotis has shorter hair than I thought. You all look great, people!

Edit: Oh, I didn't see pics of you, Ego. You did go and are just camera shy?

Ego Slayer
2007-08-20, 09:38 PM
I freaking love apples to apples.
Seconded. I own a very large box of cards... alas, I have no one to play with. :smallsigh:

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-20, 09:45 PM
It was actually a game of Curses the night of Kubb at the Convention Center.

Apples to Apples was the night before. :smallcool:

EDIT: @FdL - Ego wasn't able to make it this year. That's why she's not in the pics.

Ranis
2007-08-20, 09:45 PM
You missed the games of...what did we play that night? Apples to Apples, I think? That was a great game. You should've been.

Krade called me like ten times that night, but I was soo involved in Illuminati that I simply couldn't go away from it.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-20, 09:49 PM
It was actually a game of Curses the night of Kubb at the Convention Center.

Apples to Apples was the night before. :smallcool:

EDIT: @FdL - Ego wasn't able to make it this year. That's why she's not in the pics.

Heh. They all blend together in my mind. Except for Thursday. Thursday was pretty distinctive.

wxdruid
2007-08-20, 10:03 PM
All I can say is that I had an absolutely great time meeting everyone.

Zherog
2007-08-20, 10:16 PM
Oh. And this just amused us. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp%20get-togethers/sour-cream.gif

We drove past that on the way out. Apparently, they finished it between when you saw it and when I saw it. When we passed it Sunday afternoon, it read: "When sour cream goes bad, does it turn sweet?"

Alarra
2007-08-20, 10:19 PM
We drove past that on the way out. Apparently, they finished it between when you saw it and when I saw it. When we passed it Sunday afternoon, it read: "When sour cream goes bad, does it turn sweet?"

Yeah, we saw that the next day. (We ate at the same breakfast place a lot) We decided we liked it better without the other sentence.

Zuzu
2007-08-20, 10:24 PM
The Rabbits are people who run demos for Looney Labs. This rabbit…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Marissa.jpg
…convinced me to be a rabbit as well.

(Granted, given how well we hit it off, she probably could've convinced me to do anything:smalltongue: )

*Giggles* That's about all I have to say on that. Besides, you know, Go AngelSword.

What a fun trip that was! Thank you, all you guys. Great time with amazing people. We will all have to do this again next year.

Reinboom
2007-08-20, 10:45 PM
*Giggles* That's about all I have to say on that. Besides, you know, Go AngelSword.

What a fun trip that was! Thank you, all you guys. Great time with amazing people. We will all have to do this again next year.

Or Anime Expo *hint hint... hint... hint......*
It would take me failing out of college -- or a very very evil college schedule -- in order to make it next year.

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-20, 10:54 PM
Heh. I would have taken on look at the troll and rushed over to climbed onto its back.

Is there some sort of requirement to come? Like, someone thinks they remember your name, or you have some idea what the heck Apple to Apples is?

Reinboom
2007-08-20, 10:56 PM
Heh. I would have taken on look at the troll and rushed over to climbed onto its back.

Is there some sort of requirement to come? Like, someone thinks they remember your name, or you have some idea what the heck Apple to Apples is?

A way to get there.

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-20, 11:05 PM
Is there some sort of requirement to come? Like, someone thinks they remember your name, or you have some idea what the heck Apple to Apples is?If you mean a requirement to come to the meetups in the future, the only requirement is that you let us know you're coming so that we can tell you where we'll be. All are welcome and encouraged to come, even if you just joined so you could come and say hello.

Well, at least that's been the only requirement so far.

FdL
2007-08-20, 11:10 PM

Oh, crap. Sorry for mentioning it :S

Indurain
2007-08-20, 11:34 PM
A way to get there.

You don't even need a secure way to get back as Sweet can attest to.

A few notes before I get into the pictures...

Sword - You're awesome. That bunny was quite cute!! Come up to Canada and you can demo whatever you want. No jumping in kilts allowed though!

Rainis - Thanks so much for organizing the get-up. A good time was had by all.

Alarra - Thank you for organizing the hotel room. We couldn't have done it without you.

Zeb - Thank you for letting me touch your nipple.

Llama - Thank you for being you.

Catlover - Thank you for being the most adorable kid I've ever met. And I still expect to see the results of your scavenger hunt!

The Hilton Hotel - For $2 Bananas.

Everyone else - Thank you for making GenCon a truly unforgettable experience. You guys were so awesome we even convinced Zuzu to join the boards. I've been trying to get her to do that for a year, but you guys do it in 5 days...geesh.

Now...pictures!

The Trip:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0185.jpg
Though you can't tell from this picture, at this moment Zuzu and I are in the U.S. and ZRS was in Canada. We were going to leave him there, but our luggage was in the back.

Hotel Fun:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0186.jpg
Zeb is a true champion long pillow fighter.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0196.jpg
Don't tell Zeb, but she was really laughing at me.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0198.jpg
I have no idea who this guy is, but he reminds me of a masked fella I know.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0202.jpg
I found out some distressing news while in Indianapolis.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0203.jpg
ZRS oozes cool...sadly, I'm allergic to it.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0206.jpg
Even though he wasn't an official resident of our room, Amotis did most of our food ordering/complaining to room service that they were morons.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0207.jpg
The mighty man hug!
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0208.jpg
Like Alarra's group picture, only better.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0243.jpg
Indy and Llama sad to say goodbye.

Games:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0199.jpg
Amotis and Phoe...Our official live-ins. You guys made our hotel room even better!
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0209.jpg
Never Curse a Llama.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0210.jpg
Krade gets one of the worst Curse combos ever. Bite your tongue. Speak like Scooby Doo. Go ahead, you try it...I dare ya!
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0211.jpg
The Wicked Witch of the Hilton.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0213.jpg
Amotis and his bunny ears.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0214.jpg
I used the back of Zuzu's shirt to hold my curse cards.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0217.jpg
Amotis aids the immobilized ZRS with his beverage.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0218.jpg
Sweet just got a plethora of curses that didn't go well together. Here her elbows are locked while she tightly grips the card she had from the start while Krade just laughs.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0220.jpg
The Llama arrests ZRS for public indecency. I'm just lucky he didn't catch me.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0221.jpg
Don't trust that smile...SHE'S EVIL!
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0223.jpg
Amotis shows everyone respect by bowing...whenver they clapped.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0224.jpg
After freeing himself from his immobilization, Zombie became a gorilla.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_02262.jpg
But in the end we all had a good laugh about it.

Ghosts playing Kubb at 5 AM on Government property.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0230.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0231.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0232.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0234.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0235.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0236.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0237.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0240.jpg

Others:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0187.jpg
At the announcement of 4th Edition.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0189.jpg
Even though it's just his hands, I still say they are the board's cutest couple.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0192.jpg
The mighty beholder.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0193.jpg
The troll...before Zeb got through with him.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0194.jpg
The big dragon which loomed over the D&D Open...and the awesome DM - Steve (whose attack of opportunity rolls saved our lives...he couldn't roll above a 5)
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0215.jpg
Even trolls get tired.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0227.jpg
And so do Paladins.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-21, 12:05 AM
The "Indy's Child" picture, and the one with Zombie and Amotis holding the bottle, made me laugh. Everyone looks great! Wheee... :smallbiggrin:

@Amotis - That bracelet on your right arm looks pretty cool. :smallconfused:

PhoeKun
2007-08-21, 01:17 AM
@Amotis - That bracelet on your right arm looks pretty cool. :smallconfused:

It darn well better. It's on my arm now. :smallamused:

Presents are fun. Fun like GenCon, where the bananas cost two dollars, Hawaiian pizza has sausage and mushrooms on it, and everybody is awesome, even if they sometimes lied about the quality of my hair.

Reinboom
2007-08-21, 01:55 AM
Two questions for whom was there (one for the motel group specific, and one for anyone who was there).
1st: I have a bunch of cards in dark reddish sleeves. To whom do these belong to? They where on the desk.
2nd: Was there anything on the flash drives?

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-21, 01:57 AM
I couldn't get mine to work...

PhoeKun
2007-08-21, 02:00 AM
It's not a particularly big flash drive; only... 62.5 megs, I think. Weird number. :smallconfused:

There were a couple of pieces of line art on the drive, but apart from that, it's empty. Now you know.

On a different note: I'm not entirely sure Amotis has managed to make it back home, yet. There were some flight delays, and he was cutting it really close on his connecting flight, which was going to be close to the last available flight on the day, anyway. Could everybody join me in hoping he managed to get back safely?

Reinboom
2007-08-21, 02:02 AM
Oh my, I hope he does.
Why not call or message?

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-21, 02:32 AM
*joins Phoe in hoping to hear from Amotis that he's home soon*

Amotis
2007-08-21, 03:02 AM
I'm home I'm home!

Indy was heck getting out of with all those thunderstorms.

Hehehe, some of those pictures were funny. I am also glad no one took pictures of the Kings game. At least by the Curses game we were pretty low on potions and "normal" looking/acting.

But thanks too all. And hey Zulu! It took me like...10 minutes to realize who you were. Even though you told us your screen name.

I also wanna say that I kinda knew everyone (at least the hotel people) going in except Indurain really. And I'm glad I met you finally because you're a really one of those nice funny easy guys that's hard to find nowadays. PM me when Pirates comes up, I owe it to you. :smallwink:

And it's funny, people like Alarra and Zombie, I felt like I met you guys before. And this was just another "hey, what's up?" sorta thing. Funny how that works out sometimes. :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

But total total blast. I can't wait until this happens again. Can't thank you guys enough.

Oh, and Ego, I totally fed your Zombie beer. It was awesome. Also: oabogbaeqgorswg

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-21, 04:28 AM
1st: I have a bunch of cards in dark reddish sleeves. To whom do these belong to? They where on the desk.Gah! I'll bet those are Alarra's Magic cards. A red and white deck that I was looking through on Wednesday. I'll PM you my address. If you would be so kind as to find a box and mail them we would greatly appreciate it. :smalleek:

Thanks for grabbing those up.

soozenw
2007-08-21, 08:24 AM
I'm jealous! I wanted to go. Looks like you guys had tons of fun, but we should be there next year with little one in tow!

Ego Slayer
2007-08-21, 10:13 AM
It darn well better. It's on my arm now. :smallamused:
Ohh, is it now... :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and Ego, I totally fed your Zombie beer. It was awesome.
Since I wasn't there to do that myself, thanks.:smallwink:

Also: oabogbaeqgorswg
... ATB VADE!!
I had this strong urge to yell that out... >.<

Ranis
2007-08-21, 10:23 AM
See, now I feel crappy now that I missed out on all of the festivities.

*shakes fist at Illuminati*

Ego Slayer
2007-08-21, 01:11 PM
Also, if no one objects, I'd like to add the GenCon pictures to the You thread index. Could anyone give me a list of everyone who appeared at least once in the photos?

Ranis
2007-08-21, 01:39 PM
The list under the picture I posted of us in front of the beholder is complete with the exception of Zherog.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-21, 01:46 PM
Alrighty. (How'd I miss that? :smallredface:)

Indurain
2007-08-21, 02:39 PM
I also wanna say that I kinda knew everyone (at least the hotel people) going in except Indurain really. And I'm glad I met you finally because you're a really one of those nice funny easy guys that's hard to find nowadays. PM me when Pirates comes up, I owe it to you. :smallwink:

*blush* You had me at Hello.

Shadow
2007-08-21, 03:12 PM
*wishes he could've gotten off work*

*stupid job*

*stupid need to pay bills*

I would've CRUSHED you all at Kubb.
Even the great Llama, who I've heard is no pushover at it.

Bookman
2007-08-21, 04:27 PM
Hotel Fun:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/Gencon/100_0207.jpg
The mighty man hug!

Aren't I the one responsible for bringing that to the boards?

Or were you hugging for an unrelated reason? :tongue:

Ego Slayer
2007-08-21, 04:33 PM
Or were you hugging for an unrelated reason? :tongue:
It was a mighty man hug of looove.

Personally, I'm not sure I want to know how that came to happen. :smalltongue:

Lucky
2007-08-21, 06:28 PM
Personally, I'm not sure I want to know how that came to happen. :smalltongue:
I found the reason.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6119/zombiedrinkpb0.png

Ego Slayer
2007-08-21, 06:46 PM
Hawt.
... Wait, I said I didn't want to know! http://s.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_stare.gif

Lucky
2007-08-21, 06:47 PM
Hawt.
... Wait, I said I didn't want to know! Correct. So I told you.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-21, 06:53 PM
Correct. So I told you.
Have I told you how much I love you, lately?*
*PUNT!*
*Ego Slayer does not endorse the implications of this question.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-21, 06:56 PM
Have I told you how much I love you, lately?*[/SIZE]

I haven't! *tackle-hugs Lucky* :smallamused:

Lucky
2007-08-21, 07:00 PM
Have I told you how much I love you, lately?*

If by lately you mean when you went by "Ego Slayer, Wicked Temptress," then yes.

And then I got dumped for Jibar:

Lucky, I already love Jibar.. sorry, hun.

Renegade Paladin
2007-08-21, 07:25 PM
Heh. They all blend together in my mind. Except for Thursday. Thursday was pretty distinctive.
Tell me about it. I say again, you're all very lucky I'm on good terms with you, because most of you were pretty hammered. :smallamused:

Alarra
2007-08-21, 07:30 PM
I swear....that pillow jumped up and attacked me. *looks around sheepishly*

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-21, 07:34 PM
I wasn't completely drunk! I only had minor balance problems, honestly! :smallamused:

I'm lucky that's a once-every-six-months-at-the-very-least kinda thing for me...

Zuzu
2007-08-21, 07:36 PM
*Waves arms in the air* I will myself admit I was affected. I wasn't too bad though, and certainly know I did nothing I need worry about now.

And Alarra... *waits for a bribe from either side to say whether or not the pillow was to blame*

Alarra
2007-08-21, 07:41 PM
The funniest part was that at the time when I fell over the pillow, I'd had like half a drink maybe and was still sober. :smallredface: But no, I wouldn't say any of us were too bad off, really.

AngelSword
2007-08-21, 07:45 PM
So, was I the only one who wasn't plastered when not on the Con floor (other than the beating my meds dealt me)?

Zuzu
2007-08-21, 07:51 PM
So, was I the only one who wasn't plastered when not on the Con floor (other than the beating my meds dealt me)?

*Tackles* Nope, you weren’t. Sweet wasn't and neither was Paladin. Beyond those two though, yup.

Reinboom
2007-08-21, 08:06 PM
*Tackles* Nope, you weren’t. Sweet wasn't and neither was Paladin. Beyond those two though, yup.

I proudly endorse this message.

This event has made it, to me, feel a bit more at ease around alcohol. I shall not end up drinking though. :smalltongue:

PhoeKun
2007-08-21, 08:19 PM
I may have helped make sure that the alcohol didn't have to suffer through a long car ride home after the con, I wouldn't say I was 'plastered'... except for that first night. That was perhaps a bit much. :smallredface:

I once read a paper by a psychologist whose name I forget Dr. Claude M Steele (http://www-psych.stanford.edu/~steele/vita.html) that said alcohol consumption simply narrows your mind's ability to focus on anything. So, rather than necessarily changing your behavior, it limits your ability to notice as many things as you usually might. Hence, a party might seem more fun while drunk, but if you drink while despondent and alone, you only latch on to those negative emotions. It made sense to me, at least. It also goes a long way to showing that if you introduce alcohol to a group of extraordinarily cool people, the result is usually a good time, and not a disaster.

It's still not for everyone, though.

Reinboom
2007-08-21, 08:27 PM
Well - given the great time; and if that is true, which it does make sense. Even narrow minded and you all were so awesome?!
I feel as though I have been graced by the presence of... uhm... people I should feel graced by!

Having reached home - I have no clue where to hang my anime prints. This is saddening me. :smallsigh:

Zuzu
2007-08-21, 08:41 PM
Hang them everywhere!

And Phoe, that totally makes sense. I once heard that drinking makes your strongest personality traits come out tenfold – and have certainly found that to be true. So I suppose if you’re not able to focus as well you don’t realise maybe something isn’t the greatest idea since you don’t fully think it out. Thus your strongest traits come out so much – you’re not focused enough to realise maybe it’s not the time or place.

Thankfully that wasn’t the case with us. I don’t think anyone did anything they need to worry about later. Like Sweet said, everyone was awesome.

Ranis
2007-08-21, 08:50 PM
Hang them everywhere!

And Phoe, that totally makes sense. I once heard that drinking makes your strongest personality traits come out tenfold – and have certainly found that to be true.

Just another reason for me to never, ever drink. :smalleek:

EvilJames
2007-08-23, 04:38 AM
Just another reason for me to never, ever drink. :smalleek:

you're missing out my friend:smallcool: (so long as the first time you drink it's among friends that you really truly can trust and not friends that you can only trust so far as it amuses them.

now I'm really sad that I was to stupid to read the directions all the way:smallfrown:

Trog
2007-08-23, 08:58 AM
T'was a fun time, though it seemed that events and such cut into a lot of socialization time for Thes and I. It was great meeting a lot of new people and seeing all of you again.

Factual note: Between Thes and I we consumed an entire case of Monster energy drinks. :smalleek: *twitches and vibrates*

And was it just me or did everyone else have to orient themselves by using the electric swaying lady thingie downtown? :smallconfused:

By the end of the con Thes and I were hauling home tons of swag and minis. Thanks again to everyone who gave me their pirates cards. You guys rock! :smallbiggrin: I believe next year I can see myself becoming a dungeon delve junkie. Like Ranis this year. :smalltongue:

And yeah when is the quote book going up? :smallamused: Post it and I will give you a WHOLE banana.

Ranis
2007-08-23, 02:04 PM
Hey now, I was not a junkie. I went there for two hour-ish splurges inbetween the other things I did. It was just nice to beat stuff up instead of DMing for once.

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-25, 09:19 AM
Où sont les citations? On en veut maintenant!

Please tell me someone can read that.

PhoeKun
2007-08-25, 09:28 AM

I don't know where the quotations are, and you'll just have to be patient like the rest of us, young man.

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-25, 01:15 PM
Poo. (And blargh.)

Ranis
2007-08-25, 10:08 PM

What are you looking for, the list of things they wrote down while drunk at 2AM in the hotel room? Or notes from the meeting? (confused)

Zuzu
2007-08-25, 10:15 PM
I think our list of "funniest things said through the trip" which were actually skattered by the end as sometimes the book wasn't around when we had a quote.

Renegade Paladin
2007-08-30, 06:51 PM
For those in the Order of the Stick squad in the D&D Open (I don't know whether the Linear Guild squad had as much trouble with this as we did or not), I found out what those blasted rat things at the beginning were. The sneaky buggers were using material from the Monster Manual V. They were rylkars; it was a rylkspawn swarm.

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-31, 12:58 AM
We stopped having trouble with them once we figured out that blunt damage was full damage. I figured this out by flat blading my handy axe (I was the orc barbarian for us). It had the -4 to hit penalty, but the AC was so damned low it didn't matter. Two swipes to each swarm was all it took after that.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-31, 01:25 AM
We stopped having trouble with them once we figured out that blunt damage was full damage. I figured this out by flat blading my handy axe (I was the orc barbarian for us). It had the -4 to hit penalty, but the AC was so damned low it didn't matter. Two swipes to each swarm was all it took after that.

*screams in frustration as he realizes the simple solution*

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-31, 04:28 PM
Although I hate to feel pathetic, I must say that Zeb's solution (and him, by association) is made entirely of awesome brilliance.

Zeb The Troll
2007-11-26, 09:59 AM
Indurain,

This made me think of you.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/128346014772031250lettherebej.jpg

Fa-a-a-bulous!