PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is there a way to get my feet to count as hands?

Savaroth
2017-06-13, 02:06 PM
I am going to play an archer druid, and I want to get claws of the Ice Bear (don't ask). My problem is that I want to climb walls and stuff, then put the claws on my feet and shoot arrows while standing on the walls or on a ceiling.

Malimar
2017-06-13, 02:08 PM
Play a raptoran and use a footbow (both from Races of the Wild)?

Savaroth
2017-06-13, 02:09 PM
Play a raptoran and use a footbow (both from Races of the Wild)?

I'm playing as a human so I can get a bonus feat.

Malimar
2017-06-13, 02:12 PM
Actually, now that I look at it, I think you should be able to use a footbow as a human; it's just martial for raptorans, exotic for everybody else.

But it requires both feet and at least one hand, so it probably won't work for your purpose unless you've got Arms of the Girallon or something like that going on.

The_Jette
2017-06-13, 02:18 PM
Have you considered getting something that allows you to cast Spider Climb on yourself? That seems the easiest way to go, considering what you want.

Savaroth
2017-06-13, 03:23 PM
Have you considered getting something that allows you to cast Spider Climb on yourself? That seems the easiest way to go, considering what you want.

Claws of the Ice Bear allows you to use spider climb for 1 hour once a day. My problem is that the claws only work on your hands, and not your feet.

Psyren
2017-06-13, 03:56 PM
I am going to play an archer druid, and I want to get claws of the Ice Bear (don't ask). My problem is that I want to climb walls and stuff, then put the claws on my feet and shoot arrows while standing on the walls or on a ceiling.

But we should ask, because there may be a better way to shoot arrows while standing on a wall or ceiling.

Savaroth
2017-06-13, 04:36 PM
But we should ask, because there may be a better way to shoot arrows while standing on a wall or ceiling.

What would you suggest?

Psyren
2017-06-13, 05:07 PM
What would you suggest?

Slippers of Spider Climbing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/slippers-of-spider-climbing/), done. If you have other magical footwear, combine them.

remetagross
2017-06-14, 02:35 PM
I don't know the slightest thing about Pathfinder, but I just wanted to say that the title of the thread got me giggling for hours :smallbiggrin:. God, optimisation makes us ask for the goofiest things.

The_Jette
2017-06-14, 02:43 PM
Claws of the Ice Bear allows you to use spider climb for 1 hour once a day. My problem is that the claws only work on your hands, and not your feet.

Why not just wear them on your hands, then? I mean, you can build them so that they use a different slot. I don't remember the increase in price off the top of my head. But, Spider Climb let's you cling to a surface with any part of your body. And, unless the Claws specifically say that you can only gain the benefit when your hands are on the wall, then they seem to do exactly what you want them to do, while simply taking up a different body slot than you want.

Psyren
2017-06-14, 02:47 PM
Why not just wear them on your hands, then? I mean, you can build them so that they use a different slot. I don't remember the increase in price off the top of my head. But, Spider Climb let's you cling to a surface with any part of your body. And, unless the Claws specifically say that you can only gain the benefit when your hands are on the wall, then they seem to do exactly what you want them to do, while simply taking up a different body slot than you want.

Actually, the Spider Climb spell does specifically require your hands. Which is why it's kind of odd that Slippers of Spider Climbing that I linked, allow your feet instead. But I'm not complaining, since it clearly works RAW and it's a cheap core item (even in 3.5.) so getting it allowed or crafted is going to be cake.

The_Jette
2017-06-14, 03:03 PM
Actually, the Spider Climb spell does specifically require your hands. Which is why it's kind of odd that Slippers of Spider Climbing that I linked, allow your feet instead. But I'm not complaining, since it clearly works RAW and it's a cheap core item (even in 3.5.) so getting it allowed or crafted is going to be cake.

I stand corrected. :smallbiggrin:

Savaroth
2017-06-14, 03:16 PM

My problem is that I can't afford it at first level, but I did find a way to get 3800 GP at leve 1.

Psyren
2017-06-14, 04:01 PM
My problem is that I can't afford it at first level, but I did find a way to get 3800 GP at leve 1.

Standing around on the ceiling really isn't something 1st-level characters should be doing anyway, but if your GM is okay then go for it.

TaiLiu
2017-06-14, 05:36 PM
Standing around on the ceiling really isn't something 1st-level characters should be doing anyway, but if your GM is okay then go for it.
This isn't Pathfinder, but Warlocks in 3.5e do have the Spiderwalk least invocation, which can be taken at first level. It's isn't standing, admittedly.

Psyren
2017-06-14, 05:39 PM
This isn't Pathfinder, but Warlocks in 3.5e do have the Spiderwalk least invocation, which can be taken at first level. It's isn't standing, admittedly.

Point - so I'll amend that to "standing around on the ceiling firing a bow"

But beyond that, Warlocks get a number of specialized abilities earlier than other classes - that makes them the exception, not the rule.

TaiLiu
2017-06-14, 05:49 PM
Point - so I'll amend that to "standing around on the ceiling firing a bow"

But beyond that, Warlocks get a number of specialized abilities earlier than other classes - that makes them the exception, not the rule.
Agreed. I just wanted to add a minor nuance to your mostly correct point.