PDA

View Full Version : Warweaver and Benign Transposition?

Gildedragon
2017-06-13, 03:00 PM
Any thoughts on how it'd resolve if the targets are both in one's eldritch tapestry (assuming a tapestry of 5 members (WW included))

Waker
2017-06-13, 03:26 PM
I would say that the spell can't be modified by Eldritch Tapestry. The biggest sticking point is at the end of the ability's description.

If the spell requires decision-making on your part, you must make the same decision for everyone the spell is meant to affect. For instance, if you cast protection from energy through the eldritch tapestry, you must choose the same energy type for everyone affected by the spell.
My argument is the everyone needs to have the same effect apply to them, but it can't work that way with a swapping teleport spell since each pair would need to have a separate decision made with who goes where.

Hiro Quester
2017-06-13, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking, exactly. Are you asking because it could affect more than those two targets, by casting it through the weave?

The only clause I see causing problems is this:

If the spell requires decision-making on your part, you must make the same decision for everyone the spell is meant to affect. For instance, if you cast protection from energy through the eldritch tapestry, you must choose the same energy type for everyone affected by the spell.

Can you choose to swap those two targets, and not make the same decision for everyone else?

Why would you need to cast it though the weave, though?

Is your aim to be able to reorganize the party with your quiescent weave ability? You release that as a move action. So why not store other more generally-useful spells in the weave, and then cast Benign Transposition as a standard action, if necessary)?

Gildedragon
2017-06-13, 03:47 PM
My thought was that it scrambled everyone around. Everyone would be targeted by <party number> shuffling effects (being first the "first" party shuffled and changing places with the predetermined "second" target; and then being the "second" party changing places with the predetermined first target)... Or would all change places with the same character

As to why: No real reason tbh. Just wondering what would happen