View Full Version : A Question About Bans

Bad-People
2017-06-13, 11:25 PM
Okay. So I've been trying to join this forum for a long time. The first time I tried I was told my e-mail had been banned. (Keep in mind this was THE FIRST TIME. I'd never been a member here before, so I was definitely not banned As a matter of fact, aside from the new members thread post I made not five minutes ago, this is the first thing I've EVER posted here. )

Since then I tried THREE different emails on THREE different computers and all of them said the e-mail was banned. It seems like any e-mail with my initials in it was automatically banned, regardless of what it actually was or even what mail service I used. I had to create something wholly new, without my initials in it before I was accepted. I contacted every time to contest this, but never got any reply.

So. What's the deal?

DataNinja
2017-06-13, 11:43 PM
I would recommend PMing a moderator about this. Even if we (the general forum) had answers, it's one of those topics that we shouldn't really talk about.

Bad-People
2017-06-14, 12:10 AM
I'm hoping a moderator will pick up on this thread because PM hasn't worked.

AdmiralCheez
2017-06-14, 08:53 AM
Posting in the Board/Site Issues forum would also help get moderator attention if the PM doesn't work.

danzibr
2017-06-14, 06:06 PM
I don't suppose your initials form something inappropriate?

Rockphed
2017-06-14, 07:51 PM
Posting in the Board/Site Issues forum would also help get moderator attention if the PM doesn't work.

This thread should be in Board/Site Issues either way. The best way to get it there is to report the first post and say "I posted this in the wrong forum, please move it appropriately" in the text box that shows up. The mods are fairly observant, so someone will probably see this and move the thread, but a report is more likely to get immediate action.

Now, you should probably PM Roland St Jude (the Supermod) and Rawhide (the Admin) to get your situation looked at. What probably happened was that someone was using something like [email protected] and got banned. They came back as [email protected], then [email protected] and all sorts of similar emails. Eventually Rawhide got tired of banning them every day and just banned all possible things that included bs, bob, stevens, and 123. The not responding to your email was a bit weird. How long was it between when you first tried making the account and when you found your work around? Maybe they got slammed with email or just haven't had time to check it. Maybe their inbox is full. If it isn't a good reason, they will apologise with lots of :smallredface:.

Roland St. Jude
2017-06-14, 08:11 PM
Sheriff: I recommend a PM to Rawhide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?1-Rawhide) with more detailed information like what the prior email addresses were, what days and times you tried to create these accounts, the account name you tried to use, and the IP address(es) from which you tried to create each of them. I'm not going to speculate on the possible reasons you're efforts were unsuccessful, but you could reach out to Rawhide and see if he has any ideas. I would recommend softening the aggressive tone and being patient. Other than that, there's not much you or anyone else can do.

I also advise that new posters review the Forum Rules (see tab at top of every page).