PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dvati lich build help

you randomly
2017-06-14, 06:50 AM
So my friend is about to start a pathfinder game which will be my first and he has said he is going to be pretty relaxed on porting 3.5 content over to pathfinder.

My current char idea is to play a dvati (modified to make it more playable while keeping flavour) and eventually become a lich.

I'm not sure what classes to take as I'm very new to pathfinder so any general ideas would be great

Maximum Carnage
2017-06-14, 09:18 AM
Dread Necromancers in Heroes of Horror automatically become a lich at level 20 with a few reagents and money being the only main prerequisite. Look into it if your DM is allowing 3.5 porting.

you randomly
2017-06-14, 09:38 AM
Dread Necromancers in Heroes of Horror automatically become a lich at level 20 with a few reagents and money being the only main prerequisite. Look into it if your DM is allowing 3.5 porting.

I think I would want to become a lich sooner than 20 would you suggest walker in the waste?

Maximum Carnage
2017-06-14, 09:55 AM
Yes, that's also a good way to go if you want. You could try something a little funky in the form of:

Necropolitan StP Erudite with Astral Seed.

Zephonim
2017-06-14, 10:57 AM
I think I would want to become a lich sooner than 20 would you suggest walker in the waste?

Walker in the waste is pretty nice other than the cl loss. You can just become a lich at level 11 by crafting your own phylactery but walker does guarantee you become a lich as long as you make your phylacteries and return to the dusty conclave to have your organs removed. I would absolutely recommend an archivist because you can get a lot of great druid spells that fit the theme of a temperature based lich. You can cast control temperature at cl 15 with a bead of karma and cause an unerathly heat that does 3d10 fire damage to everyone within a 100 ft of you and they all become dehydrated as result which results in fatigue.

you randomly
2017-06-14, 11:06 AM
by suggestions on some pathfinder classes to use because I do t want to push to much 3.5 unless you think there isn't really much of an issue.

If it's not an much of an issue (power difference) archivist is a class I have been meaning to play for a while

Zephonim
2017-06-14, 11:10 AM
by suggestions on some pathfinder classes to use because I do t want to push to much 3.5 unless you think there isn't really much of an issue.

If it's not an much of an issue (power difference) archivist is a class I have been meaning to play for a while

Archivist can have every spell off the druid, cleric, and paladin list. They are just as powerful as clerics if not stronger. Well you have to research them or find scrolls of them but regardless

Psyren
2017-06-14, 11:17 AM
If you want to be a lich, you don't need a class feature for that, just become a lich. It sounds like your GM is cool with it.

If you want a little more crunch/ceremony around the transformation process, there is a specific ritual to let you become one courtesy of Horror Adventures Occult Realms: Eternal Apotheosis (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-rules/occult-rituals/#Sample_Occult_Rituals). You can do this as early as 11th level (not coincidentally, the same minimum level to gain the template) if you have sufficient "help" in the form of secondary casters (who do not need to be willing participants.)

You can then combine this method with any full caster you want - Wizard, Witch, Cleric, Sorcerer, Psychic etc.

Zephonim
2017-06-14, 01:38 PM
If you want to be a lich, you don't need a class feature for that, just become a lich. It sounds like your GM is cool with it.

If you want a little more crunch/ceremony around the transformation process, there is a specific ritual to let you become one courtesy of Horror Adventures Occult Realms: Eternal Apotheosis (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-rules/occult-rituals/#Sample_Occult_Rituals). You can do this as early as 11th level (not coincidentally, the same minimum level to gain the template) if you have sufficient "help" in the form of secondary casters (who do not need to be willing participants.)

You can then combine this method with any full caster you want - Wizard, Witch, Cleric, Sorcerer, Psychic etc.

It says its 9th level would that not be level 17?

Also walker in the waste has a bonus benefit. 5 PHYLACTERIES. Also your touch attacks do con drain. Also you can create salt mummies for free 12hd intelligent undead. Of course there is that slight weakness to all water as holy water but that can be negated with the use of dust of dryness and having an aura of heat of 600 degrees

Psyren
2017-06-14, 02:12 PM
It says its 9th level would that not be level 17?

You should probably reread my post as I addressed that very point.

Also walker in the waste has a bonus benefit. 5 PHYLACTERIES. Also your touch attacks do con drain. Also you can create salt mummies for free 12hd intelligent undead. Of course there is that slight weakness to all water as holy water but that can be negated with the use of dust of dryness and having an aura of heat of 600 degrees

In addition to the water disadvantage, it also requires a very specific setting splat, and divine caster entry unless you jump through hoops.

Florian
2017-06-14, 02:49 PM
I´m with Psyren on this. Changing to Lich is not that hard and only requires WBL for the Phylactery, no need to go for a specific class or PrC to do it. That said, getting comfy with the Whispering Way to enter Agent of the Grave and having a foot in the Arcane Society to get your hands at the Blush of Youth ritual should be beneficial.