PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Second adventure

ZorroGames
2017-06-14, 08:54 AM
Well I survived, despite being down twice in first melee alone. My unoptimized Mountain Dwarf Monk participated with four other adventurers in an AL game titled "Tales Trees Tell" adventure with a rogue halfling, a half-elf warlock and two humans (class unclear - going deaf degraded my ability to pick up details in background chatter of a busy FLGS) that seemed to be ranged warriors. The DM (first game as such) said to me, "Looks like you are the only 'meat shield' character." Joyous.

Bought a dagger, a quarterstaff, Tithed 5 GP to home monastery, bought a flute, 50' of silk rope, fishing tackle, whetstone and an Abacus pre-adventure for role play.

Good social role playing, good exploration aspect, hard combat (Scarecrow and Needle Blights (?) x 4 inside a cabin was tough but we succeeded; the Quivering Forest wilderness encounter of two Displacer Beasts 😳😱 came close to a TPK but we killed one and the other retreated then, after a rest, we tracked the beast to its lair.

Paranoid anti-fey, superstitous villagers, borderline xenophobic Elves, and a Hag required skilled handling by our face characters. Whew! I avoided eating the stew the Hag had fixed by saying I was on a vegetarian diet (I was, for that meal! I do not think that grey lie will affect my Lawful/Neutral alignment to any degree worth worrying about.)

Went from first, half way to second, to exactly third level! Went down between two and four times, three times for sure. Next level is an ASI (DE to 16, Wisdom to 16.) And a fourth Ki point.

Diced off for an Elven Cloak and won by one pip. Whoohoo!

Tempted by Way of the Four Elements (short term gain in reach with either Fangs of the Fire Snake or Fist of Unbroken Air) but given the KISS build of the personality I probably will choose Way of the Open Hand. Really need a Fighter, Paladin, or Barbarian to provide some tank/Melee power beyond myself... Oh well, if I must, I must. Maybe next time some serious meat shield character will be in the mix.

Good group! I could work with them as a permanent group if it happens. Right now content to adventure with whoever shows up.

Will tithe 21 GP to home Monastery, will distribute some coins to poorer peasants and to the village leader for common upgrades to show gratitude to village. Might want to buy a potion of healing, maybe some ball bearings, a map case, a climber's kit, a couple of Healer's kits, a lamp or lantern, some paper or parchment, or maybe a two person tent. Cannot buy it all and live decently between adventures - decisions, decisions, decisions!